• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

does a pokemon with lightningrod holding an electrizer get both a speed and a spatk boost when hit by electricity?

which one does it get?
edit: also, why? the description for the electirizer reads "A pokémon holding this item has the ability "Motor Drive" in addition to all other abilities", so why would one ability not work?

Exactly how much does telekinesis disable a Pokémon's movement? Does it completely stop them from being able to pull off any contact moves?

According to Negrek it prevents them from moving at all, but if you use things like Flail or use things like Facade in a Flail-y way you can break the Telekinesis in ~2 actions. I ref it as just keeping them confined in a floating bubble, but able to move while inside of it, so I suppose it's open to interpretation.

I assume that should read "The target is slowed"?
Yes.

does u-turn drop confusion, attract, leech seed, and such as it does in the games?
Yes.

which one does it get?
edit: also, why? the description for the electirizer reads "A pokémon holding this item has the ability "Motor Drive" in addition to all other abilities", so why would one ability not work?
Because the electirizer grants an actual ability, both abilities will go off, so the pokémon will get both the attack and speed boosts.

Exactly how much does telekinesis disable a Pokémon's movement? Does it completely stop them from being able to pull off any contact moves?
A pokémon under the effects of telekinesis cannot move from the spot where it's at, although it can still move its limbs and so forth. It won't be able to make a contact attack against anything outside its reach.

Is Telekinesis limited to making things hover, or can I use it to lock something in place on the ground? Underwater? At the expense of it gaining Levitate?

how quickly does the effectiveness of emotion-based moves decrease with repeated use?
It depends on the circumstances of the battle, but you wouldn't expect to get more than one or two uses of them at full power against the same target.

If a Pokémon with Anticipation is hit with a 2xSE attack, does it get a 6% damage reduction, the usual 3%, or none at all?

since the multipliers go 1x/1.5x/2x, even if it gets additional damage reduction, it's more reasonable to 4%, not 6%.

(presumably only the 3%, though, but that's not a real answer. in any case, even the -3% pretty much makes non-STAB SE attacks against the anticipator entirely non-viable in favor of just blasting away with STAB. the standard scale's quirks WRT SE vs STAB are bad enough, but this is ludicrous.)

Hey look I'm asking dumb stuff about Tri Attack again!!

How is what status inflicted determined? are they rolled individually, or is there a roll to see if a status happens, then what status of the three?

Bulbapedia: Tri Attack does damage, and has a 20% chance of either paralyzing, freezing, or burning the target. Each ailment has about a 6.67% chance of being inflicted.

Back
Top Bottom