• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

That also contradicts the ruling that it doesn't bypass items. Also, what about self-inflicted things such as Thrash's confusion or the Hammer Arm drop?

I think there needs to be some sort of set criteria or a list or something.

I gave you the criteria, although I'll sneak flinch in there since it's technically not a status and so it wasn't clear that it was blocked previously:

The only moves that are affected by sheer force are those that cause a stat change, status effect, or flinch on the foe.

Does not affect hammer arm, drain punch, wake-up slap, smellingsalt, or thrash, and certainly nothing to do with items.

"Does Sheer force negate:

Healing of Drain Punch, status removing of wake-up Slap/Smeelingsalt, 100% effects like Rock Slide?

what about Life Orb like in the games?"

"It negates all those except life orb recoil."

That's what was confusing me, thanks for clarifying

Yup, I bothered to actually look up the definition of sheer force after that point; sorry about that.

As a result, pokémon with Mold Breaker ignore Flame Body, Volt Absorb, Wonder Guard, Motor Drive, Water Absorb, and all similar abilities that would ordinarily cause its damage to be nullified, instead striking the foe for damage calculated as though those abilities didn't even exist.

From mold breaker's description. I think you mean Flash Fire.

Probably not, unless they were close enough to the surface that it could throw/shove its master out of the tunnel.

Probably not, unless they were close enough to the surface that it could throw/shove its master out of the tunnel.

Could Acrobatics be used to cling to the side of a wall (much like the Acrobatics travel power in many superhero mmo's)? Would this give an immunity to Ground attacks or Earthquake at least?

Back
Top Bottom