• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

B2/W2 Progress Thread

Thanks for the offer, but you can't trade eggs until after the elite four. :/
I'm in the giant chasm now, so I'll be hunting for them soon.

Thanks for the offer, but you can't trade eggs until after the elite four. :/
I'm in the giant chasm now, so I'll be hunting for them soon.
... wait, seriously? Did they add that in BW2?

EDIT: Wait never mind I already know the answer to this question, Rapha and Sebastian were both hatched from eggs.

You can trade eggs as soon as you can trade period.

Last edited:
Oh? How silly of me. DX I thought that since you can't breed till after, you couldn't get eggs till after.

I have a metang now anyway. I have this magnemite with magnet pull that helps me get my steel types easily.

Alright, guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. My Trapinch has just evolved into a Vibrava, and she wants to learn Dragonbreath. Dragonbreath seems to be a good early STAB move, so I want to teach it to her. However, her moves are Rock Slide, Strength, Crunch, and Bulldoze. These are all relatively good moves that I would like to keep, especially the first and last ones. Also, I want her to learn Fly, so I'd have to delete another move. What/which move/s do you think I should delete?

Well, you're in a predicament. If you don't want to delete Rock Slide or Bulldoze, Strength can't be deleted, and Crunch is a good move. I'd say skip on DragonBreath, and I'm not sure about Fly.

Dragonbreath (and eventually Dragon Claw/Outrage) > Rock Slide. And you'll eventually replace Bulldoze with Earthquake/Earth Power. Either find another Strength candidate if you want Fly, or drop Crunch.

Just beat Drayden! It took me a couple tries, since my Pokemon are underleveled and I stubbornly refuse to train. Sandy wound up being the star of the fight.

Name: Em
Badges: 7
Pokedex: 178
Time: 33:06

Current Party:
Embo/Emboar(m) lv. 40
Zoroark(m) lv. 41
Sandy/Sandslash(f) lv. 40
Vanna/Garvantula(f) lv. 40
Ratto/Raticate(m) lv. 40
Lia/Liepard(f) lv. 40

I am in post-game now. All I have left to do is catch Azelf and Cresselia, then rematch the Elite 4. And then maybe I'll do the Black Tower/PWT. Probably not.

Team:

Jimmy the Magmortar
magmortar
Level 69
Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Faint Attack/Confuse Ray

Rick the Magnezone
magnezone
Level 69
Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave/Flash

Honeydew the Sandslash
Sandslash
Level 68
Earthquake/Rock Slide/X-Scissor/Swords Dance

Jake the Maractus
maractus
Level 68
Petal Dance/Sucker Punch/Pin Missile/Seed Bomb

Elizabeth the Gothitelle
gothitelle
Level 68
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Faint Attack

Ludwig the Drapion
drapion
Level 68
Night Slash/Cross Poison/X-Scissor/Rock Slide

Ghastelle the Drifblim
drifblim
Shadow Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Thunderbolt/Fly

Linda the Lapras
lapras
Surf/Ice Beam/Strength/Thunderbolt

I've barely progressed at all, due to impatience, Skyla, and Minecraft.

Name: Shane

Rival's Name: Rival

# of badges: 6

Team:

Stoutland
Sunny
Level 33

Zoroark
Zoroark (M)
Level 32

Zebstrika
GhoatRider (M) (Was going to name GhostRider, but mistyped so he rides goats.)
Level 32

Sandslash
Kangaroo (F)
Level 30

Lucario
Eric (M)
Level 32

Servine
Sunny (F)
Level 30

I would have rather had Emolga instead of Zebstrika, but the Audino Army wouldn't let me.

Oh man I finally started my White 2 only like last week because I've finally finished my exams and I never posted here. Currently in Mistralton, here's my team.

Growlithe
Georgia (f)

Lucario
Charlotte (f)

Maractus
Quinn (f)

Ducklett
Odette (f)

Axew
Keiko (f)

Vespiquen
Queen Anne (f)

The only ones I've been rigidly keeping have been Quinn and Charlotte; basically I've just been catching whatever's nearby and changing my team every city, it's kinda fun. Probably going to replace Odette because I'm not a fan of water/flying types, but there's hardly any cool water-types post-E4. :| I really wanted a jellicent, too. Maractus is a surprisingly good pokemon, though!

basically I've just been catching whatever's nearby and changing my team every city, it's kinda fun.

I do the same thing. As soon as I got to Reversal Mountain I switched out three of my Pokemon, and I probably won't have the same three by the time I get out.

Bean a wile since I posted in this thread! I didn't have much time to play in the week leading up to Thanksgiving (Stupid essays), and then I went on a training/exploring spree and didn't make any real progress. I just beat Marlon and managed to catch Terrakion in one try, albeit with my very last Ultra Ball.

Badges: 8
Pokedex: 209
Time: 50:02

Current Party:

Pouren/Panpour(m) lv. 46
Ziba/Zebsrika(f) lv. 46
Ellia/Jellicent(f) lv. 46
Flora/Sawsbuck(f) lv. 46
Ratto/Raticate(m) lv. 46
Helios/Volcarona(m) lv. 46

About... a little over a week ago, I think? I told myself that I needed to post in this thread and I couldn't advance further in the game until I did (I allowed myself to beat Marlon, though, which was probably a bad idea).

Since then, my Join Avenue has been doing pretty well.

Leavanny Level 47
Candeloro (F, with swarm): Return / swords dance / leaf blade / x-scissor
My replacement starter! I love her. She's been excellent all game long, and until Nimbasa was the only member of my team oops. Still, the overleveling in that was pretty effective in getting things done!

Vespiquen Level 47
Buzzcomb (F, with pressure): Heal order / air slash / bug bite / power gem
Was pretty stable for most of the game, but is now getting a bit risky! She's knocked out a lot faster and a lot more often than before, sadly, and she's boxed right now--I definitely intend to continue using her, though. I guess I'll just be a bit more careful.

Scolipede Level 47
Arbron (M, with poison point): Screech / strength / x-scissor / steamroller
Was actually underperforming for a significant amount of the time, actually! He's getting better, though, probably because he has at least one decent one in x-scissor now... haha...

Pinsir Level 47
Gisela (F, with mold breaker): Swords dance / strength / thrash / x-scissor
My first time using a pinsir! She hasn't disappointed, even though she isn't the most exciting member of my team or anything.

Accelgor Level 46
Tuft (M, with sticky hold): Bug buzz / yawn / me first / giga drain
Tuft! It's nice to use him in-game, even though he's faints all the time like literally all the time wow. It's okay, Tuft. I love you anyway. (Also, yawn is nice.)

Galvantula Level 47
Potyr (F, with compoundeyes): Agility / electro ball / signal beam / thunder wave
Potyr is fun to use yes. Very fun. "Let's OHKO all of Skyla's pokemon with electro ball except skarmory" fun. She was really painful to level up at first, like Arbron, but...! It paid out.

Volcarona Level 45
Blazhyroo (F, with flame body): Fly, leech life, psychic, fire spin
Blazhyroo!!! She gets more exclamation points than Tuft I guess. I actually didn't realize that I could get volcarona before postgame so... yeah. She's the newest member of the team! Her moves are still awful but she's doing well enough, so whatever. I thought this was going to be the first time in a game that I could stick to a team of six, though. Sigh, so disappointed in myself. Maybe in the next generation I'll try.

Those are listed in the order I caught them, for what it's worth.

Scolipede Level 47
Arbron (M, with poison point): Screech / strength / x-scissor / steamroller
Was actually underperforming for a significant amount of the time, actually! He's getting better, though, probably because he has at least one decent one in x-scissor now... haha...
them, for what it's worth.

I can't comment on most of them, since I haven't owned any of them, but I do own a Scolipede. Arbron should probably have Poison Jab, for another good STAB move, and Megahorn is available from the Move Relearner, if you want. Anything from Rock Slide to Rock Climb is better than Steamroller, too.

Anything from Rock Slide to Rock Climb is better than Steamroller, too.
Rock Climb is awful (seriously, Return over Rock Climb, always) and Rock Slide is not great; Earthquake is far superior to Rock Slide (use Dig in the meantime). Scolipede is fast enough for Steamroller to be reliably viable, but it's probably not the best use of a moveslot to have both X-Scissor and Steamroller.

Finally got around to getting Black 2, whoo. I'm at Mistralton city.

Samurott [M] (Roland) Level 41 - Slash/Razor shell/Surf/Revenge
Lucario [M] (Arminius) Level 38 - Quick attack/Swords dance/Bone rush/Force palm
Growlithe [M] (Charnauk) Level 41 - Flamethrower/Crunch/Fire Fang/Strength
Unfezant [F] (Candy) Level 37 - Quick attack/Roost/Air slash/Fly
Sawsbuck [M] (Chuck) Level 38 - Horn leech/Faint attack/Jump kick/Aromathaerapy

Growlithe will evolve when he gets flare blitz. I don't know whether to go with Sandslash or Gigalith in the last slot. Kinda leaning on Gigalith because I want to stick with my favourites, and I do like Gigalith a tiny bit more than Sandslash. I hate the fact that I can't nickname the Gigalith though, and really slow pokémon aren't my style.

Last edited:
Just beat Ghetsis. It was so intense, especially after all the build up! I loved it! I used up almost all of my revives, and only had Celly left at the end. Since she's too slow to run reliably, I lost to a random Piloswine on the way out of the cave XD.

Badges: 8
Pokedex: 227
Time: 53:31

Current Party:

Helios/Volcarona(m) lv. 47
Heartsy/Swoobat(f) lv. 47
Celly/Reuniclus(f) lv. 48
Sandy/Sandslash(f) lv. 48
Ratto/Raticate(m) lv. 47
Lia/Liepard(f) lv.47

Now on to the Pokemon League!

Practically everyone uses lucario ! And it's not surprising either considering how awesome and helpfull it is. Although I'm pretty surprised at how they let you catch riolu so darn early in the game.

Back
Top Bottom