• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

B2/W2 Progress Thread

Making my way through Reversal Mountain. Skyla battle was very fun. Vanna evolved into Garvantula in her next battle afterward, Heartsy evolved into Woobat in Celestial tower, and Embo evolved into Emboar just now.

Name: Em
Badges: 6
Pokedex: 127
Time: 24:11

Current party:

Helios/Varcarona(m) lv. 35
Snady/Sandslash(f) lv. 36
Flora/Sawsbuck(f) lv. 35
Ratto/Racticate(m) lv. 36
Embo/Emboar(m) lv. 36
Ziba/Zebstrika(f) lv. 36

I think Reversal Mountain actually looks a bit different inside (only aesthetically mind you, the way through, layout and available Pokémon are the same) depending on the version. White 2 contains lava, and Black 2 contains dripping water. Considering it is near a vulcan-like city and the mountain is supposed to be like a volcano, I don't know what they were thinking with Black 2's mountain design o_o

I think Reversal Mountain actually looks a bit different inside (only aesthetically mind you, the way through, layout and available Pokémon are the same) depending on the version. White 2 contains lava, and Black 2 contains dripping water. Considering it is near a vulcan-like city and the mountain is supposed to be like a volcano, I don't know what they were thinking with Black 2's mountain design o_o
Actually, it's not, unless my sister and I were just out of it. I was asking her for directions through Reversal Mountain and I got... horribly lost. She has White 2, I have Black 2. Also, White 2 gets Numel/Camerupt, Black 2 gets Spoink/Grumpig!

Really? I should have known that really because I was the other way round (I have B2, my little bro has W2) and I helpfully gave him directions. Yeah, he never let me hear the end of it, although I thought I'd just forgotton the way through. And as for the exclusives, I'd say we're better off, any half-decent Water Pokemon floors Camerupt so Grumpig all the way :sunglasses:

I'm about to challenge the Elite Four:
Name:KAI
Badges:8
Pokedex:228(26 Caught)
Time: 52:21
Join Avenue Reccomended or Invited:16
Current Join Avenue Rank:1
Medals:35
Current Team:
Flare the Emboar, Level 55, Bashful nature. Proud of its power. Knows Hammer Arm, Strength, Flamethrower, and Scald. It's strongest stat is HP and its weakest stat is Defense.
Other Commenets:My amazing starter. I don't think I've said this before but all of it's IVs are equal, I just don't recall what number they are. He and Heather work extremely well together in Double Battles.

Heather the Lucario, Level 55, Lax nature. Proud of it's power. Knows Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Shadow Claw, and Swords Dance. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest is Special Defense.
Other Comments:Words cannot describe how much I love Heather. I had 5 Gym Badges and I was randomly running around Flocessy Ranch for some reason and when I saw her I freaked. I spent the next who knows how long training her. She's the only one on my team I gave a specific EV spread(most of her stats are equal EV-wise). She's probably going to save my E4 run at least twice.

Moonlight the Espeon, Level 55, Mild nature. Likes to run. Knows Morning Sun, Return, Psychic, and Flash. It's strongest stat is Special Attack(It's almost twice the size of it's HP, how is that possible?) and it's weakest is Defense.
Other Comments:N/A

Sunlight the Umbreon, Level 55, Careful nature. Hates to lose. Knows Psychic, Screech, Mean Look, and Bite, It's strongest stat is Special Defense and it's weakest is Special Attack.

Rachel the Mandibuzz, Level 55, Jolly nature. Highly curious. Knows Fly, Punishment, Flatter, and Faint Attack. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest stat is Special Attack.
Other Comments:How can a Mandibuzz be Jolly and Highly curious? And let me just say Flatter+Punishment=Possibly the best move combo on a hidden ability Mandibuzz ever.

Jade the Floatzel, Level 55, Lonely nature. Impetuous and silly. Knows Waterfall, Dig, Ice Beam, and Surf. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest is Defense.
Other Comments:I had to ditch Tobias, my amazing Swanna, for Jade because somehow Swanna can't learn Waterfall. She probably has the best moveset ever for a Floatzel.

I'm about to challenge the Elite Four:
Name:KAI
Badges:8
Pokedex:228(26 Caught)
Time: 52:21
Join Avenue Reccomended or Invited:16
Current Join Avenue Rank:1
Medals:35
Current Team:
Flare the Emboar, Level 55, Bashful nature. Proud of its power. Knows Hammer Arm, Strength, Flamethrower, and Scald. It's strongest stat is HP and its weakest stat is Defense.
Other Commenets:My amazing starter. I don't think I've said this before but all of it's IVs are equal, I just don't recall what number they are. He and Heather work extremely well together in Double Battles.

Heather the Lucario, Level 55, Lax nature. Proud of it's power. Knows Calm Mind, Aura Sphere, Shadow Claw, and Swords Dance. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest is Special Defense.
Other Comments:Words cannot describe how much I love Heather. I had 5 Gym Badges and I was randomly running around Flocessy Ranch for some reason and when I saw her I freaked. I spent the next who knows how long training her. She's the only one on my team I gave a specific EV spread(most of her stats are equal EV-wise). She's probably going to save my E4 run at least twice.

Moonlight the Espeon, Level 55, Mild nature. Likes to run. Knows Morning Sun, Return, Psychic, and Flash. It's strongest stat is Special Attack(It's almost twice the size of it's HP, how is that possible?) and it's weakest is Defense.

Sunlight the Umbreon, Level 55, Careful nature. Hates to lose. Knows Psychic, Screech, Mean Look, and Bite, It's strongest stat is Special Defense and it's weakest is Special Attack.

Rachel the Mandibuzz, Level 55, Jolly nature. Highly curious. Knows Fly, Punishment, Flatter, and Faint Attack. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest stat is Special Attack.
Other Comments:How can a Mandibuzz be Jolly and Highly curious? And let me just say Flatter+Punishment=Possibly the best move combo on a hidden ability Mandibuzz ever.

Jade the Floatzel, Level 55, Lonely nature. Impetuous and silly. Knows Waterfall, Dig, Ice Beam, and Surf. It's strongest stat is HP and it's weakest is Defense.
Other Comments:I had to ditch Tobias, my amazing Swanna, for Jade because somehow Swanna can't learn Waterfall. She probably has the best moveset ever for a Floatzel.

They are slightly below the E4 levels I think but it doesn't matter, so were mine, with pre-planned tactics and good training, you'll beat them. Also, I love the contradictory names you have given to Espeon and Umbreon. It suits Generation 5's theme of the relationships between opposites (like how the white dragon is the mascot of the black game and vice versa). Or perhaps I'm just getting over-technical

Alrighty, made a little steel mono team, because I never really use them. I am training for the next gym, as I am on challenge mode.

227.gif

Skar
F
L43
Hasty

Fly
Spikes
Metal sound
Steel wing
My latest addition to my team, and my flyer. Quite hard to train due to the fact it doesn't have any good moves yet, but I have good hopes for her.

462.gif

MG
N/A
Quirky
L43

Flash cannon
Thunder wave
Electro ball
Volt switch

Is going to be my main man in terms of the next gym. Demolishes pretty much anything that doesn't resist its attacks.

448.gif

John
M
Hasty
L 45

Force palm
Quick attack
Swords dance
Dig

<3
Dig is for those fire types. :/

escavalier_animation_by_largefg777-d3nv3ki.gif

Corkscrew
F
Lax
L42

Iron head
Slash
X scissor
False swipe

Quite powerful, but so so slow...

Ferrothorn%20(Ian).gif

Spin
M
Modest
L43

Metal claw
Power whip
Gyro ball
Iron defence

My second Pokemon for taking care of the next gym. Its prevo took so long to level up.

I'm also hoping to get a Metang later on. But I haven't seen one yet. :/

Last edited:
462.gif

MG
N/A
Quirky
L43

Flash cannon
Thunder wave
Electro ball
Volt switch

Is going to be my main man in terms of the next gym. Demolishes pretty much anything that doesn't resist its attacks.
[:/

You have made a sterling decision in having a Magnezone with you. Get its Special Attack high enough and give it Magnet Rise for the occasional Ground type and then Fire types are the only threat - Fighting types poor special stats mean a Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon should finish it. Definitely a great guy to have in your team.

I barely beat the Champion! I'm still wondering how I did it(probably because of all the Full Restores I bought). I'm not going into detail because my team hasn't changed much, but here they are now:
Flare the Emboar, Level 57.
Heather the Lucario, Level 56.
Moonlight the Espeon, Level 56.
Sunlight the Umbreon, Level 57.
Rachel the Mandibuzz, Level 57.
Jade the Floatzel, Level 55.
I'm not really sure where I should go next. I'm just saying. I guess I'll go take on the PWT. Not sure.

Not my Black 2, but I did replay White 1! Just beat Ghetsis with this team:

Mantine (Alaina) Lv. 46
Skarmory (Genevieve) Lv. 45
Cacturne (Magnolia) Lv. 47
Zebstrika (Lexi) Lv. 46
Claydol (Kizzy) Lv. 47
Mienfoo (Mindy) Lv. 47

Now I can sync to Black 2!

You can actually get a Golett with No Guard in the DW, I think. (Spooky Manor, when using a B2W2 chip and having more than 10,000 Dream Points)
No, you can't get Golett at all. The only way to get it is to breed a Golurk with a Ditto (which you can actually do, believe it or not). They don't appear at all.

No, you can't get Golett at all. The only way to get it is to breed a Golurk with a Ditto (which you can actually do, believe it or not). They don't appear at all.
Hence why Absoul said "DW" and "Spooky Manor", which is true, but also rather given.

Funny. Latios is allowed in the battle subway, but if you give it Soul Dew it's suddenly not allowed any more. I find it amusing that they put in that detail.

Funny. Latios is allowed in the battle subway, but if you give it Soul Dew it's suddenly not allowed any more. I find it amusing that they put in that detail.
Soul Dew Latios has never been allowed; in previous generations, they just annulled the effects of Soul Dew. That's never really explained, though, but I always felt like my Latis weren't doing enough damage.

Soul Dew Latios has never been allowed; in previous generations, they just annulled the effects of Soul Dew. That's never really explained, though, but I always felt like my Latis weren't doing enough damage.

I had that feeling too.

My only problem with Latios in B2 is that it doesn't know Luster Purge - I guess Latias doesn't have Mist Ball either. LP is probably better because it gets stronger each time because it lowers Special Defence not Special Attack. I always preferred Latios, and also had Ruby, Soulsilver and Black 2 versions - I was unaware of the Latis in the last 2 and coincidentally got the Latios game every time. Boom

I had that feeling too.

My only problem with Latios in B2 is that it doesn't know Luster Purge - I guess Latias doesn't have Mist Ball either. LP is probably better because it gets stronger each time because it lowers Special Defence not Special Attack. I always preferred Latios, and also had Ruby, Soulsilver and Black 2 versions - I was unaware of the Latis in the last 2 and coincidentally got the Latios game every time. Boom
You're better off using Psyshock (or even Psychic; the 20 BP difference is certainly noticeable) than Luster Purge as a primary STAB attack, since Latios should be aiming to 2HKO basically anything without relying on a SpD drop to do so (Calm Mind exists, also). It does have a cool name and animation, though :(

That said, Heart Scales are rather bountiful in BW2, to say the least.

I'm also hoping to get a Metang later on. But I haven't seen one yet. :/
You can get a Beldum in the DW (Rugged Mountain, greater than 7500 pts.) I think there's a 10% chance to get a Metang in the Crater Forest/Plains area in Giant Chasm?

Beldum are also really easy to get in Pokemon Dream Radar, with the special extention code making them available right off the bat (as far as I understand), though honestly Light Metal is a sub-par ability in my opinion. Other than that, your first chance I believe is for a Metang in Giant Chasm, and those are really annoyingly hard to catch.

Back
Top Bottom