• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Backwards Mafia [D7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, good point! I thought of that earlier and at some point between considering my deadness and posting it got lost. Mai, then, since it doesn't matter at all. Anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see if my other fishing brother decides to claim for now. I don't entirely recall, but I believe we're not supposed to communicate out of thread so.

Are we going to do anything else other than that?

As usual, we come to the end of our forty-eight hour period and there's only one bold vote. Twenty-four hours if anyone wants to go with something different, remember you have only one more abstain, etc.

Lynching is pretty important; I have a few of my own ideas (and considering the case of Flower Doll I'm a lot more open to inactive lynching) but first I want to know if all of you are going to insist on me proving myself dead.

Now that we've settled the issue of you proving yourself dead, can we hear those ideas?

Or anyone else, too! Surely someone must have thought something about somebody else over seven game days? :c I myself am still not convinced about HighMoon's posting habits in this game; I looked through a couple of other games and it did seem to me that she was posting more and saying more than she has been in this one. I guess it's entirely possible that she's just not been able to think of much to say in this game specifically, though (the vague comments about what went on the night before still happened in the other games), and it's just a feeling I've got, so... eh. I'd be okay going for Chief Zackrai today, I guess, especially since he still hasn't posted since we talked about possibly lynching him. I don't think he's posted since day three.

Now that we've settled the issue of you proving yourself dead, can we hear those ideas?

Or anyone else, too! Surely someone must have thought something about somebody else over seven game days? :c I myself am still not convinced about HighMoon's posting habits in this game; I looked through a couple of other games and it did seem to me that she was posting more and saying more than she has been in this one. I guess it's entirely possible that she's just not been able to think of much to say in this game specifically, though (the vague comments about what went on the night before still happened in the other games), and it's just a feeling I've got, so... eh. I'd be okay going for Chief Zackrai today, I guess, especially since he still hasn't posted since we talked about possibly lynching him. I don't think he's posted since day three.

Um okay but also you do know that one bold vote is me right? I don't want to lynch myself off just to prove myself dead :/

I'm suspicious of both Grass King and HighMoon; Grass King was helpful at first, especially with the role list, but then just seemed to stop talking later on. Also, fixing up a role list is not always a sign of innocence; for example in Grand Carnival I was the main one organizing the amount of each role simply because that made my targets easier to pick out. (Do I go after the most helpful role or is there still a doctor/clown left to heal them, etc...) HighMoon to be honest I sort of ignored, but after looking at an old log and thinking about things I realized she does sometimes tend to keep quiet when she's mafia. However, I'd like to note that really old games aren't the best ways to determine habits; if you look at my earliest games you'll probably see an incredibly terrible player and I'd like to think that I've improved immensely.

I trust Kratos and Zapi more than I did before, but I still have some ridiculous opinions about that. For some reason a while ago I decided an active Zapi was an innocent Zapi, and I've never stopped with that superstition. For Kratos it's more of a gut feeling, but they helped us lynch off Flower Doll so.

I might as well say this now before you all forget or something and then I die for real; Zackrai is my fishing brother so no I'm not 0kay with lynching him off at all!

I'm not sure how different the fishing brothers in this game are from the ones I'm used to; it seems like the one who's going to be revenge-killing will get to choose a target tonight, as opposed to choosing a target every night and killing the person e chose on the night that Mai died? If there's no one better for the fishing brother to target (right now it doesn't seem to me that there will be, and then e'd likely end up targeting an innocent), maybe e could target ole_schooler tonight. If they are in fact dead, that shouldn't have any effect.

On the this subject: I can understand the living fishing brother not wanting to out themselves (although I think all kills would happen at the same time, so even if the mafia went after them the kill wouldn't be wasted? eh, no one wants to die, can't blame 'em), but maybe Mai can tell us a little more about how the role is going to work? Without quoting the PM, of course, but yeah.

Oh, and those ideas you mentioned having, Mai. I would also like to hear those!

So are we definitely going for Zackrai, then? I'm still not totally sold on moony and would rather go for someone totally inactive, but I'll admit that I haven't paid attention to any of her recent games so her behavior may be unusual after all.

Um okay but also you do know that one bold vote is me right? I don't want to lynch myself off just to prove myself dead :/

I'm suspicious of both Grass King and HighMoon; Grass King was helpful at first, especially with the role list, but then just seemed to stop talking later on. Also, fixing up a role list is not always a sign of innocence; for example in Grand Carnival I was the main one organizing the amount of each role simply because that made my targets easier to pick out. (Do I go after the most helpful role or is there still a doctor/clown left to heal them, etc...) HighMoon to be honest I sort of ignored, but after looking at an old log and thinking about things I realized she does sometimes tend to keep quiet when she's mafia. However, I'd like to note that really old games aren't the best ways to determine habits; if you look at my earliest games you'll probably see an incredibly terrible player and I'd like to think that I've improved immensely.

I trust Kratos and Zapi more than I did before, but I still have some ridiculous opinions about that. For some reason a while ago I decided an active Zapi was an innocent Zapi, and I've never stopped with that superstition. For Kratos it's more of a gut feeling, but they helped us lynch off Flower Doll so.

I might as well say this now before you all forget or something and then I die for real; Zackrai is my fishing brother so no I'm not 0kay with lynching him off at all!

On the this subject: I can understand the living fishing brother not wanting to out themselves (although I think all kills would happen at the same time, so even if the mafia went after them the kill wouldn't be wasted? eh, no one wants to die, can't blame 'em), but maybe Mai can tell us a little more about how the role is going to work? Without quoting the PM, of course, but yeah.

Oh, and those ideas you mentioned having, Mai. I would also like to hear those!

So are we definitely going for Zackrai, then? I'm still not totally sold on moony and would rather go for someone totally inactive, but I'll admit that I haven't paid attention to any of her recent games so her behavior may be unusual after all.

I suppose I ninja'd you? I'm just going to go dig through my PMs and get back to you all on that because ugh I'm being really scatterbrained right now.

Yeah, you did ninja me, sorry. Had the reply window open, walked away to eat and then posted without checking again. :P

Hm! Well, I have no particular reason to mistrust you or believe you aren't dead, so I guess I'll take your word for it and not lynch Zackrai unless someone has some impressive evidence to the contrary. As I said, though, I'm not really sure he has that much to worry about now that he's outed; he can only kill the once (if he's actually paying attention >>;) so he's not necessarily a huge threat to the mafia, and even if they do go after him I would guess that Negrek would allow his kill to go off at the same time as the mafia's and it wouldn't be wasted or anything. It does sort of narrow down the number of people the mafia knows not to attack at night, though. :/

Eh. Well, Zackrai, if Mai's telling the truth and your secret's out, would you mind voicing your opinion on Eifie's plan to verify ole_schooler's death? If you have other specific targets in mind then you don't need to share, but maybe just whether or not that's something you're willing to consider.

And as for lynching... honestly I think I'm more suspicious of Grass King right now than I am of HighMoon—he is usually quiet, but it does seem odd for him to start out with those helpful lists and then drop off suddenly (and without answering some of the questions we had about them, iirc?)—though I think there's currently a higher number of people who are suspicious of moony. I've been wrong plenty of times before (witness ASB Mafia 2009 if you care to dig back that far), so... eh! I could be convinced either way. I'll throw my vote in for Grass King for now, though.

(Alternatively, Zackrai can go for moony (or Grass King if y'all'd really rather lynch HighMoon instead) tonight? That's a huge risk considering that both of them might be innocent, so ole_schooler is probably safest, but... a thought, I guess.)

I have been trying to say more in this game, but like I said i really have no idea what to say. I've pretty much lost track of who is alive and who is dead. With that in mind, I don't even know who to vote for because for all I know I'm voting off a ghost. Simply put this kind of game is confusing to play, but I'll admit it fun to run a game like this because you know all the tricks that go on behind the scenes.

Mai, I can understand why you wouldn't be sold on me and I don't really blame you. Throughout this game, I haven't been all that helpful in the discussion department. All I can do is claim innocent and hope that you all will believe me.

As for now...lynching Grass King. No rhyme or reason, just me hopping on a wagon. Sorry Grass...

Anyway, the role PM reveals little that wasn't already said in the sign-up thread. Shouldn't only one of you be voting, though? I thought the whole point of this was to prove that I'm dead.

One of those seven would be our unclaimed dead civilian, one would be our other fishing brother, and two of them would have to be doctors.

Whoops, this isn't actually correct; I'd forgotten that Glace was innocent and we've got no clue what his role was. That's not necessarily two doctors, then.

I'm suspicious of both Grass King and HighMoon; Grass King was helpful at first, especially with the role list, but then just seemed to stop talking later on. Also, fixing up a role list is not always a sign of innocence; for example in Grand Carnival I was the main one organizing the amount of each role simply because that made my targets easier to pick out. (Do I go after the most helpful role or is there still a doctor/clown left to heal them, etc...)

Well, yes, that's why we needed another thing to vote for! Although, right, now we've got too many votes; I guess either Kratos or HighMoon will have to withdraw.

I'd sort of thought the same thing about Grass King; I've always found making lists and other ways of organizing information to be a good way for mafia to blend in and appear to be helping without actually offering much of anything new. (I mean, I don't think that lists are useless at all, but they are an easier way to get points for contributing.) Innocents can do that too, of course, but that seems to be the only thing he's actually contributed at all and he hasn't posted since day three.

If I'm not actually the only one suspicious of HighMoon, I think I'd rather lynch her than Grass King, but it's true that Zackrai could go for HighMoon tonight. It's sort of risky, but I might actually prefer that to confirming ole_schooler's death. Grass King hasn't said anything at all for a while, so I wouldn't really mind removing him from the game entirely if he still doesn't speak up; I'm glad HighMoon's trying, and if she's killed during the night and turns out to be innocent, at least she'd still be able to post. If I've counted correctly, there are only eight people still alive, though, and I think up to three of them could be mafia. If that's true and both Grass King and HighMoon turn out to be innocent, and the mafia kill another innocent tonight as well, it'd be down to three mafia vs. two innocents/other. I don't think that's very likely to happen, but I guess that risk might not be worth it.

Actually, Kratos, I am completely open to suggestion, mostly because I haven't been paying attention, and this is mostly because I thought I was dead myself 0_0

Not exactly sure where I got that idea, but it was out there.

Well then, Zackrai, since the decision will ultimately fall to you, do you think it's worth the risk to kill HighMoon or Grass King tonight instead of ole_schooler?

I'll also unlynch Grass King while I'm here; moony, please leave your vote on him unless we come up with some reason not to lynch him at all.

Because there are a lot of dead innocents and we're at risk of losing.

Although honestly I don't see the point of being so cautious about this; there's no way to get rid of the mafia otherwise, and with the doctors either inactive or dead we're decreasing rapidly. Yes, this is a bit reckless; however, who else has a better idea?

The reason I've not been as active is because ... I kinda forgot about it.

However just to try and save my own skin I vote for HighMoon. However, if I don't survive then heed my warning, don't trust Kratos.

The reason I've not been as active is because ... I kinda forgot about it.

However just to try and save my own skin I vote for HighMoon. However, if I don't survive then heed my warning, don't trust Kratos.

Do you have a roleclaim? Feel free to point me to where you did; I don't really want to look through the thread at the moment so.

And what's your reason to be suspicious of lynching Kratos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom