• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

• Toy Story

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • A Bug's Life

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Toy Story 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Monsters, Inc.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Finding Nemo

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • The Incredibles

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • WALL-E

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
I saw WALL-E in theatres with my father and his girlfriend, Flory. Flory and I cried so hard, and my dad seemed pretty sad at some parts also. My grandmother bought it today so that all the kids could watch it for Thanksgiving, and I cried again. It is the undefeated champion of all Disney/Pixar movies, with a wonderful enviromental message and a heartwarming plot. I suggest all that haven't seen it need to quit reading my post, get their butt off the computer and rent it from Blockbuster or something. It's amazing.

Kung Fu Panda and Wall-E are both great in totally different ways. It's like comparing delicious apples and delicious oranges. They're both delicious, but you can't compare them. O:

wall-e is the apple though, because I like apples a lot more than oranges as a rule. B)

man I feel sorry for Cars
it is a genuinely good movie and it has no votes :( I liked it better than A Bug's Life

WALL-E is best; Finding Nemo is second and one of the Toy Stories is third.

Danni, I'm not sure it's so much "anti-globalization" as it "life is about the journey, not the destination." There's a bit of anti-expansion in there too what with the interstate and all, though, yeah.
It's more just "don't get so absorbed in mundane things and forget everything else" I thought.

link008 said:
But their shorts are where they really shine.
what.

Dannichu said:
a fairly cool anti-globalization message in there somewhere, a la Wall-E.
That seemed more like it was speaking against blind consumerism (and by proxy pollution) to me.

I just thought of a way to describe WALL-E's theme...

It gives a big middle finger to modern American culture. But it does it with a smile. While humming "Put On Your Sunday Clothes".

Also, it has such a heartwarming romance. Between robots. :3

Last edited:
yeah Wall-E is definitely speaking against blind consumerism

if you listen to the DVD commentary with Andrew Stanton, you find out that the team didn't actually intend to have such a strong environmental/cultural message.

I love the Incredibles but everyone says that Wall-E is good. I so want to see it!
Its out on DVD now so i'll be alright.

yeah Wall-E is definitely speaking against blind consumerism

if you listen to the DVD commentary with Andrew Stanton, you find out that the team didn't actually intend to have such a strong environmental/cultural message.

Yeah, after the second time, I kinda guessed that environmentalism wasn't it's message. Which makes this movie all the more amazing. They had the perfect opportunity to cram that down our throats like every other CGI movie does, but didn't.

And the fact they were ballsy enough to basically insult the very principle their parent company is based on is pretty awesome, too. I know the creator said that anti-consumerism and social commentary wasn't the film's goal, but come on, it was definitely there. What the hell else could humanity devolving into a race of fatasses who are so wrapped up in their own little worlds that they aren't even aware of their own surroundings possibly be? It's pretty hard to buy the hand-wave that all that was only to justify the robot love story, especially since humanity's condition and self-realization pretty much dominated the plot for the entire second half of the movie. I haven't seen the commentary, so if they just said it wasn't meant to be the ultimate, driving force behind the movie, yeah, they're right, but it's definitely there to some degree.

Last edited:
Kung Fu Panda was great as well. I now don't know what is better Kung Fu Panda or WALL-E.

Kung Fu Panda is Dreamworks, not Pixar.

Also, my vote: Monsters Inc. Mostly for the effort they put in for animating Sulley, and for it probably being one of the most interesting angles they've had so far.

NOW THAT I HAVE FINALLY SEEN WALL-E (3 times in as many days)

and dude as if this question wasn't hard enough... but I'd probably say...
no this question is still too hard I love them all

Wait, aren't Monster's Inc, Shrek, and Kung-Fu Panda all Dreamworks? I think they are.

Rattatoille (bad spelling) and Bug's Life were my favorite.

I personally hated Kung u Panda and Shrek 1 and 3 too be precise, Pixar is ultimately superior to dreamworks

Back
Top Bottom