• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"I have no concern over 'getting lost', as you put it, as I have my own means of transport available to me. So, this is the Land Rift, is it?" enquired the prince as he motioned out over the landscape.

Raeneudd started laughing.
"Some guard you are," she mocked. "You don't even know where the person you are meant to be guarding is. Still, are you likely to find them in the next few minutes, because if you won't, I'm going to see if I can find them myself."

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"...I'm warning you. Please stop your whining, I don't care what you say. Queen Arylett's orders were clear. Cease your actions immediately, put your hands up, and move away from the door. Or I'll remove you by force." Officer John held his crossbow at the ready, it was evident that he was serious, by the grave tone and commanding force in his voice.

Last edited:

"Fine, we'll play it your way." King Phillip drew his sword and swung it at the sentry. He had had enough of this and wanted to end it. He didn't intend to kill the sentry, just wound him.

"Well, shall we look for the portal?" King ChaosTres asked.

-------------------

"Well, he must have teleported without telling anyone." the guard said, not appearing to be worried about his lord's safety.

"There's something wrong with this," noted Timcyduch, "since everything I've heard says the portal is rather more...obvious." He began to look around and set off across a shallow valley.

"Then find out where he went!" snapped Raeneudd. "Are you so foolish as not to even care what your ruler decides to do on a whim?"

Lucas addressed the Curly-Tailed Queen. "If you can't fly - which I'm assuming, of course - then you will have to leave on Spektra. I won't leave without you, but our time is dwindling down like a broken timepiece!"

"Alright," Cas said, "Ready when you are. But it's gonna be a long journey..."

Spektra chirped a few times and clicked his wings, implying that he was ready to fly. Cas made sure Arylett was safely on-board, and chirped back at Spektra, who began to hover a few feet above the ground.

The rest of the Arylettopian Police Force gathered around the rather violent intruder, all pointing their crossbows straight at him. It was clear that he was outnumbered. Commander John took out his rifle and fired a swift shot at Phillip, his keen eye catching the man in his sight. The crossbow let out a small darted arrow, which was intended to stun the aggressor.

----

Arylett nodded to Castycal. A long and quiet journey... she wasn't even going to be able to communicate with him. She sighed, there were a lot of things she wanted to tell Castycal of... about the Horrid Thing.

He was... he was the only one she could tell about what had happened... with the Darkness.

Last edited:

The dart was reflected off of King Phillip's armor, and he then he raised a magic shield around himself. "I mean no trouble. I simply wish entrance into the royal castle. Where is the commander of the police? I wish to speak with him or her." He demanded, realizing he was outnumbered, he decided to use his diplomatic skills instead of violence.

(...The dart was so CONVENIENTLY reflected off of King Phillip's armor? What if John was using a Special Kind of Dart? Don't you think he would've been prepared for this? Don't you think it would've penetrated his armor? What if he's had a lot of training and is a really good fighter and shooter? Nuh-huh. Not any more. I'm not taking this anymore.

Look you guys, I'm going to say something to a few of you... about the way you RP. You guys make things WAAAY too convenient for your characters, it's not realistic. You overpower them and give them lots of spells and lots of Convenient Things! Like when Queen Arylett got turned into a Curly-Tailed Bird and Princess Eve just HAPPENED to have a baby chocobo in her purse that could speak and translate Curly-Tailed Bird language. What are the chances of that?!

Or when Queen Arylett was injured immensely by the Horrid Thing and you all just BOMBARDED her with every healing spell up to Mars! Can't there be a problem? Can't your characters or mine, for that matter, have a problem without it HAVING TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY AND INSTANTLY? Not everything in real life is convenient like that, not all problems can be fixed and in real life there will always be inconveniences. And I know this is a fantasy RP set in medieval times, but COME ON. You know what I mean. It has to be at least semi-believable, semi-realistic. Or what about King Phillip's "sense what Queen Arylett is feeling" sense? He can SO conveniently sense what I am feeling! So conveniently! Without even ASKING me if I wanted him to be able to sense what Queen Arylett was feeling. I never authorized a "know Queen Arylett's feelings sense".

What are the CHANCES of any of that convenient stuff happening? For real? Do you REALLY think that if any of this were real, it would go so smoothly and problem less and everything's convenient and full of deus ex machinas?

No.

I'm sorry, but I needed to get this out. I was getting tired of with how much ease certain characters seem to do things. I'm sorry if I sound mean or angry, but I'm just frustrated. And no, I don't hate any of you. I was just getting tired of all this.)

((Actually, I only used an 'Arylett is wearing next to nothing' sense, only as a joke. Also, if you want this to happen then here you go. Ignore my last post.))

The dart surprisingly pierced King Phillip's armor, sending him spiraling to the ground. Everything started to go fuzzy in his vision and he passed out. He went into a wierd, erotic, dream world that if it was described here would end up banning King Phillip.

Malbarad was finally calmed, and slumped back into the bed, sweating and exhausted.
"I...feel...weak" he panted.
"I am not surprised, chief," responded Derilli, coming over, "since we found the key you were carrying was leaching dark energy into you. You nearly died a few hours ago, and we didn't expect you awake yet."
"It was horrid," responded the ranger, "there was this thing, before, that attacked us - a mass of shadow, I can't describe it as anything else, but it was unkillable. I saw it tear down the city," he continued in anguish.
"The City is still standing, Chief, so don't worry. I will have a nurse bring you a sleeping draught, which will give you sleep without dreams," explained the physician, before he turned to the next bed.
A nurse came up an gave him a drink. "Take this," he said, and offered a cup. Malbarad drank deep. The liquid seemed warm within him, but not hot like a tea.
Within a minute he was asleep again.

((I feel I may have contributed to this over the top abilities a little - it wasn't intentional. I suppose my characters have a 'never give up' streak, and are the best of their types where they come from. Mind due none of them did things to the level that some others did (and one the one(?) occasion they did it was still not a guarantee, more a 'last-ditch attempt'

Anyway, on the subject medieval fantasy, where did your guards get tranquilliser guns Arlyett?))

(I know, I wasn't talking about that... here, I'll show you:

King Phillip was feeling pain from his ring now. But he wouldn't take it off. Arylett, Stop, You're better than this. Let him live he attempted to telepath to Arylett.

((Nice fourth wall breakage XD))

"Alright" KP said, giving the most recent shard to PES. "We should go find Arylett now. I have a tracker on her, but the signal is pretty weak. And something is wrong with her. How fast can Lavender go?"

...Convenient tracker is quite convinient. And it can feel Queen Arylett's emotional state too.

Also it wasn't really you Time Psyduck. And I know they're out of place, but I really couldn't think of anything else... I suppose if you want, I can fix the guns and make them something else. Maybe a dart shooter, but not quite a gun... aha, I have it. Crossbows! There, it's fixed.)

Commander John looked down at King Phillip's limp body, his face quite expressionless and his steely eyes cold. "Throw this violent intruder in prison."

The other officers gathered around the Aggressive Intruder's body, picking it up and hauling it off to a nearby gray building east of the gates of Arylettopia.

He then turned to the Female Intruder.

"And what about you...? Are you going to go the way of your friend too or will you leave peacefully? I don't want to have to shoot you as well."

Last edited:

"Well, I have a special way of finding these things, a very . . . hidden way." the king announced.

------------------------

"Well, it is near impossible to find out where one travels to this room, and besides, he could be anywhere in this world." the guard said.

((Sorry, but any good court guy has a magical tracker put into his queen, but never mind that. I'll try to stop the godmoding.))

King Phillip woke up in a cold stone room with steel bars and noticed that his ring and his sword were on a table on the other side of the bars. He couldn't reach them, and his magic was now too weak to grab them telekineticlly. He just sat on the ground, not knowing how he was supposed to go to the bathroom in a cell without a toilet. He then noticed a bucket...

Blade and Crystal walked into the light of the outside world. They saw water nearby so they ran to it, taking long, full drinks. They walked along the shore and they found a small house. They walked inside and noticed it was void of people, but someone definately lived here . . .

((When I summoned Nothing, I knew it wasn't going to work. I planned on it not working!))

Lucas tore open the milkshake packet and ate the contents raw. There was no time. He suddenly lifted off the ground and hovered over to Cas, Spektra, and the Curly-Tailed Queen. "I don't really have any flying shakes, so this one just makes me follow you. So no diving into lava pits!"

(Sorry for the general Mary Sueish like stuff, this is my first RP I really got into and did stuff and stuff. Tell me if I do something again instead of saying it all when it is done and gone.)

"Well...' Eve said. 'I think I'll leave, but I'll be back'

Eve hopped on Lavender and well, flew away back to where Arylett was.

"Okay, let's go!"

He transitioned the last word into another shrill chirp, and Spektra zoomed off towards the horizon, wings beating one thousand times a second so they appeared to be a faint rainbow blur on either side of the huge beetle. Cas directed the way with more chirps, and soon they were heading down a straight line towards Arylettopia - but there was still a great distance to travel. After all, the mountains in which the Lair resided were around a quarter of the way around the globe from Arylettopia.

'Arylett?' Eve said. 'Well...the guards won't let me and Phillip through and Phillip fought and was captured. Please sign a note or any kind of proof so I can go through if you can'

Back
Top Bottom