• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bulbasaur's Pokémon Arrangements

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
Bulbasaur's Pokémon Arrangements

Here, I'll post links to my arrangements of Pokémon music. Don't expect this to be updated with any frequency; I'll make a post here when I do.

Mystery Dungeon 1

Mystery Dungeon 2

HeartGold/SoulSilver

• Pallet Town. MP3; MIDI; PDF; MUS; MXL (=compressed XML). Instrumentation: Piano. Difficulty: Medium

Black/White

Requests
  • RespectTheBlade: Black City
  • donotlookatdiagram: Route 10 (ensemble)
  • Luxcario: Driftveil City (Orchestral)

Please note: This is about as many requests as I can handle. I'll reopen them when I finish some.

Last edited:
Re: Bulbasaur's Pokémon Arrangements

So, Primal Dialga is up! Watch now as this becomes the most popular site in the Pokémon fandom. I'm still trying to convert this to PDF, but when I try, things become messed up.

EDIT: Turns out that saving it as an EPS then converting it to PDF works fine. Here's the link.

Last edited:

None of your links are working for me... Maybe you can try uploading it on MediaFire or other popular file sharing sites?

Also, are you taking requests? If you are, I think the world would greatly appreciate piano arrangements for Route 10 and Sky Arrow Bridge, both from Pokemon BW. I've tried making one for Route 10 but it turned out sounding sort of weird....

Both of them exist here: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?series=Pokemon
But if you have a request, I'd be happy to do one. After the month of November, of course.

I don't really want to, but if it comes to it, I will. In the meanwhile, did you try copy and paste instead of just clicking on the link?

Sorry, but I can't do this for one piano. There's too much going on.

Your links seem to still be broken :V Though I heard the Peanut Swamp arrangement and it's pretty good :3 I think you handled all the instruments well!

If you have stuff as MUS files you use Finale Notepad/Composer/etc. to arrange stuff, I'd assume. Do you take the notes from MIDI files or do you do everything by ear?

Hrm, perhaps the HG/SS Gym Leader music?

It'll be insane, but playable. And I use the term "playable" very loosely here. There'll be multi-octave jumps within ridiculously short amounts of time (mainly in the right hand), a need for a grand piano for performance, and the expectation that you'll be able to play parallel tenths like Rachmaninoff. If you still want it, then I'll do it. After November.

Your links seem to still be broken :V Though I heard the Peanut Swamp arrangement and it's pretty good :3 I think you handled all the instruments well!

If you have stuff as MUS files you use Finale Notepad/Composer/etc. to arrange stuff, I'd assume. Do you take the notes from MIDI files or do you do everything by ear?

I've replaced the links with Google Docs ones. Hopefully, those will work.

Yeah (but not Notepad). I don't take notes from MIDI files, but rather, do absolutely everthing by ear. It is the most horrible thing on Earth, and I hate myself for it, but I love it :3

A version already exists here and is representative of the RBY version. It's pretty easy and good if you don't want to wait two months. If you want a FRLG, GSC, or HGSS version, though, they'd sound better but also'd be harder.

If possible, could you make the music for Black City for Piano? I've looked everywhere and haven't been able to find it.

Yup, I can do that. After NaNo, that is, but sure.

Both of them exist here: http://www.ninsheetm.us/sheetmusic.php?series=Pokemon
But if you have a request, I'd be happy to do one. After the month of November, of course.

Yeah, I know, but I tried those and they sounded kinda bad. There's basically no chords (everything's just one note after the other), and Route 10 sounded really weird. There's one note that's always off, though I can't remember which one it is off of the top of my head.
I don't really want to, but if it comes to it, I will. In the meanwhile, did you try copy and paste instead of just clicking on the link?

Yeah, I tried that. It still didn't work. It gave me a server error...

Yeah, I know, but I tried those and they sounded kinda bad. There's basically no chords (everything's just one note after the other), and Route 10 sounded really weird. There's one note that's always off, though I can't remember which one it is off of the top of my head.

Skyarrow Bridge is pretty bad, I'd say, but Route 10 looks and sounds okay, and I couldn't do much better without significantly increasing the difficulty (which would mean chords and grace notes in the right hand; if you want, I could make that version). The note that's off is F-Flat in the left hand; replace it with an E-Flat.

Last edited:

Skyarrow Bridge is pretty bad, I'd say, but Route 10 looks and sounds okay, and I couldn't do much better without significantly increasing the difficulty (which would mean chords and grace notes in the right hand; if you want, I could make that version). The note that's off is F-Flat in the left hand; replace it with an E-Flat.

Increased difficulty is fine. It's just that the left hand for Route 10 is so... boring.

I tried making sheet music for Route 10, but a lot of things are bothering me right now. As you can see, I went, um, a little bit overboard with the chords. I don't actually know if this is playable. Also, I can't figure out the left hand for bar 19. I just plugged in some random note in there to take up space, and it sounds really nasty right now. The beat is also a little bit off starting from around the end of line 3 from the second page, but that's only because I did this by ear and am too lazy to fix it.

So I'm still searching for good Route 10 sheet music...

EDIT: The beat is now fixed! Yay!

Last edited:

A version already exists here and is representative of the RBY version. It's pretty easy and good if you don't want to wait two months. If you want a FRLG, GSC, or HGSS version, though, they'd sound better but also'd be harder.

I'd like FR/LG or HG/SS, whichever is simpler. I've been scouring teh internetz for Pokémon songs.

Alright to all. I'll get them done by the start of January. Which means that I'll forget sometime in December

EDIT: ILS, I think you should pick one because they sound very different. FRLG is simpler and more minor, while HGSS is complex but more happy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom