• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

my.php

Cranidos Resprite
It's a bit iffy, really. The anatomy's all weird.

FMC: I think the Nature one would suit to being a Ghost/Grass type if we're sticking to that idea.

^My Worockoon took ages to scratch. It deserves to be in (and it's a good sprite)

I'll do something else, then...

Just because it took a long time doesn't automatically make it good. As people have said, the lighting is very odd, and it doesn't really look like a Pokémon

^It is, just a SCRATCH. It's worthy, as the length it took makes it so...
1 hour wasted and doing that to a ten year old-MAKES ME MAD.
Lighting?
It was meant to be like that. I did plan... and that took, 3 and a half hours.
It deserves to be in.

^It is, just a SCRATCH. It's worthy, as the length it took makes it so...
1 hour wasted and doing that to a ten year old-MAKES ME MAD.
Lighting?
It was meant to be like that. I did plan... and that took, 3 and a half hours.
It deserves to be in.

No, terry. Even if it is a scratch, and took a long time, it doesn't make it good. And as for the lighting, in Pokémon the light source is always from the top-left, not the front, not the right, but the top-left. No exceptions.

Terry: Gotta agree with ZC.

FMC: Great as always and I agree with Grimdour, I think it should be a grass/ghost type.

Gamelord: Sorry but the computer I'm using won't let me view the sprite, maybe you could upload it to somewhere I'd be see it.

Sorry I forgot to load this. Here's the rock line.

Pudock
Pudock_by_Tropiking.png

Mastan
Mastan_by_Tropiking.png

Sorry I haven't gotten around to the other two scratches. I'll get to them eventually.

Hehe, those look great! Are you going to start scratching my fakemon next?

Oh, Terry? Observe how the lighting is only from the top-left.

Terry: Gotta agree with ZC.

FMC: Great as always and I agree with Grimdour, I think it should be a grass/ghost type.

Gamelord: Sorry but the computer I'm using won't let me view the sprite, maybe you could upload it to somewhere I'd be see it.
He used the wrong code. Quote him and put the link in the address bar to see it.

@Kai:Yea, I'm still working on them. I can't make them look just right plus I don't have a lot of time because of school. I'll try go get them up by the weekend at the very latest.

@Everyone else: This probably won't work for the hack version but I've been doing some scratches of pre-existing Pokemon. This could be cool for the Sphere version instead of using the official sprites that we've already seen. This would take forever to every pre-existing Pokemon but it seems that the sphere version won't be out for awhile and could keep you occupied with the project.

Just keep in mind that WW still needs more fakemon (preferably original, not pre-evos and evos) But if you're bored and can't think of any new fakemon designs, try a pre-existing Pokemon.

Here's my first non-suckish scratch of an official Pokemon. Gliscor:

Gliscor_by_Tropiking.png

I have a Purugly scratch that I attempted a while ago, and it's good except for the fact that it needs fixing with the outlines and shading. Would you like to see it?

Yes, I mean that it's mostly good, except the outlines and shading need some work in a few spots. Sorry for not being clear.

But I can't get the sprite right now, since it's on a different computer than the one I'm using now.

@Darksong: Can't wait to see it.

@Peegeray: That Ampharos is awesome. I'd love to see more if you have it.

@Kai: Sorry, but I couldn't make Furigon or Dragatyl look right. If anybody else would like to scratch them they are on page 35.

EDIT: Here's a Charizard scratch I did.

Charizard_by_Tropiking.png

Last edited:
I think that the colors are a bit light on Charizard. The top of the flame looks a bit wide; I think you should make it look more like a point instead of a fireball.

Back
Top Bottom