• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calvinball Mafia

Here we go.

Mai was lynched. She was mafia.

Suddenly, Alligates and I liek Squirtles drop dead.

The sun sets on the landscape, empty save for eleven carcasses.

The sun rises. Mai comes back to life.

Mafia win!

Leaderboard:

2 wins: Eifie, Mai, Light

1 win: Alligates, I liek Squirtles, Wargle, DarkAura, Phantom, Alethia

Honorable mentions: Superbird, RespectTheBlade, blazheiro889, Metallica Fanboy

This game is way too massively complicated to recap, so I'm going to do something different.

Questions part 1.

Mai and DarkAura were mafia at the time of their deaths. The original group was Eifie, Alethia, and Phantom.
Each mafia member (in the above question) received 1 win. Eifie and Wargle won the puppy competition (I won it twice). Mai, I liek Squirtles, and Alligates obtained an office victory on the final day.
The Office was a faction originally formed by I liek Squirtles, which would rack up one win every time one of its members were lynched. An Office member would revive the next morning after being lynched. People who made references to The Office in thread were added to the group, with some restrictions.
Mai's final proposal was to pseudo-disband The Office. The members were told that the group was disbanded, and the quicktopic was closed, but Office alignments secretly remained in-tact.
One of Mai's earliest proposals was to see the proposals other people made. Last night, Wargle proposed that at the end of next day phase, the last mafia and the most active townie would drop dead. The condition: if the mafia was already dead, two innocents would die instead. Knowing this, Mai made it seem like the revival would not happen, and that no Office victories would be obtained.
Superbird's last proposal was for a System Message to make a bleeping sound whenever someone said the word "mafia", to "be a complete dickhead".

The Mafia quicktopic is here, and The Office quicktopic is here.

If there are more questions, leave them below.

:D

The last day was a bit anti-climatic, sorry. :X All I really wanted was to be lynched, and the easiest way for that to happen was to be lazy and unhelpful. (Outrageous had a higher chance of failing, I thought.)

Anyway, though I... have a better idea of the answer to this than the general player population, question: did you keep records of all the proposals, and can you post them?

Thanks for running such a unique game, Light! It was really interesting and fun.

.___.

Superbird you complete dickhead. Also, [pretend Mai's question is here because ninja]

Good game with an interesting premise. We should do another one.

Also
tumblr_mw1n25pLs31qg1qx9o1_250.gif

Well, I had fun. Especially on that last night, just to be confusing.

Certainly an interesting idea, but perhaps a little too chaotic to control? It allows some really interesting strategies, so it'd be neat to see this format expanded at some point.

Well, I had fun. Especially on that last night, just to be confusing.

Certainly an interesting idea, but perhaps a little too chaotic to control? It allows some really interesting strategies, so it'd be neat to see this format expanded at some point.

You know, when I sent that mass PM fishing for proposals, I was really concerned that somehow your proposal would throw a wrench in all my plans. I was so confused and relieved at the same time.

I don't understand that honorable mention.

(Also, I've considered turning in a few mind screw proposals, but by the time I could go for it, it was already too lategame. Pity.)

What about a dishonorable one?
I deliberately switched to an alignment that can't win the game in my only proposal, so if anything that'd probably be best fitting.

Also, if we have any other games like these in the future, I might join; I just didn't do this one because I had bigger things to worry about when the sign-ups started.

I tried my best to mess with them, I even made myself do that stupid rhyming thing to try to throw people off. That's why there was always more alerts for my posts than there should have been.

I tried my best to mess with them, I even made myself do that stupid rhyming thing to try to throw people off. That's why there was always more alerts for my posts than there should have been.

I'm still amused by that. Picking up rhyming myself was fun, though I kind of abandoned it by the end.

^ I will admit, that made me laugh when you people picked it up.

Especially since I actually didn't have to, you just thought I did. It was rather nice of you. :P

Back
Top Bottom