• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

This is an interesting thought -- are there any players in particular that stuck out to you as having potential in that way?
kinda early to tell, i think - the players who were memeing most in the earliest hours of d1 are people who i read as towny right now (emmy/blu/kyeugh)

I didn't want to post anything until after I'd read the whole thread, which I now have

This struck me as notable given the context for what seemingly was happening in thread at the time. I'm not sure why a player would say this and then not follow up with any reads or anything? To anyone who has meta here, does this mean anything to you?
Interesting take. VM comes across to me as more of a lower volume "sit back, think hard, write a wallpost" type of person than a "post a ton in real time" person (shitposts not included), and so I think he would be telling the truth about this regardless of his alignment. I may be giving him too much slack, but I don't think him not having strong reads is very meaningful right now.

I didn't want to post anything until after I'd read the whole thread, which I now have

This struck me as notable given the context for what seemingly was happening in thread at the time. I'm not sure why a player would say this and then not follow up with any reads or anything? To anyone who has meta here, does this mean anything to you?
Interesting take. VM comes across to me as more of a lower volume "sit back, think hard, write a wallpost" type of person than a "post a ton in real time" person (shitposts not included), and so I think he would be telling the truth about this regardless of his alignment. I may be giving him too much slack, but I don't think him not having strong reads is very meaningful right now.
agreed, i also kind of feel like mafia vm doesn’t say the thing about tofu

like, isn’t it much more plausible that Trebek would vent about that in scumchat rather than in the normal thread if he’s mafia?
not if he thinks vocalizing that self-consciousness is a towny look, as keldeo suggested in
I think as a self-conscious wolf it's easy to play up that self-consciousness and sort of just not do anything until the thread state settles down and you can make reads that don't draw a ton of attention to yourself.

i think everyone’s reactions to keldeo’s vote are a little odd

This is quite the ping.

Hmm, Mewtini, can you talk to me a bit more about your IndigoEmmy read? You seem to have more developed good feelings about her than I think I've had re: her at any point in this game.
they're not strongly positive feelings, i just think she sounded stream-of-consciousness in places. also i'm trying to avoid the reflex of getting weird about her posting so differently from tvt; she isn't far from null

I kind of don't think you admit that?

little bit confused as to exactly what type of accusation you are going for here?
kinda feels like he’s trying to shade you and hoping it sticks tbqh
i think everyone’s reactions to keldeo’s vote are a little odd
i mean yeah why not. it’s extremely easy to unvote and it seemed clear enough to me that it was placed with the intention of drawing a response out of him, which it’s done. i find the surprise less weird than the fact that it kind of feels like people proceeded to kinda grill keldeo for the vote and want some sort of leakproof explanation out of him
am I having déjà vu?

Love this response.

Okay, that may be enough for now, but I at least have a couple of town reads out of it and a couple of ???? so that's something.

What reads do you have, mewtini? Anyone I should look at with increased urgency, in your assessment?
honestly i don't have strong reads in either direction yet; i'm pretty much splitting people into "likely/maybe town?" and "null" for now. my list right now is somewhere around this (rewriting it so it's not as dependent on tcodftalk) but is admittedly very fluid because i haven't totally sorted how i feel about the action in the last few pages
good vibes:
- rari (by hypocop check)
- bluwiikoon (pro-keeping cop cover, feels like pure, unguarded town)
- skylar/kyeugh (different earlygame than when i recently saw her as scum, and i liked how she came off in the keldeo/rari/trebek talk)
- indigoemmy (seems relaxed? and i agree with her on blu seeming town)
- seshas (has been solvy but i'm not following her as well as i did in the last game where we were both innocent. volunteered reads unprompted, which feels good)
- keldeo (feeling better given the last few pages, i think; placing at the bottom of this tier due to paranoia)

null:
- herbe (has seemed relaxed, might move up; mostly afraid because he was super relaxed as a wolf)
- ILS/i liek squirtles (came in for some flavorspec, hasn't said much else)
- kokorico
- trebek
- m+7

hasn't appeared yet/only made a few posts:
- butterfree
- tofu
- vm
- superjolt
- rnp
- stryke
- mr. ultracool

Thanks so much for this. I'll try to circle back and engage you on any differences / specific thoughts and such once I get more integrated.

This is helpful, thanks. I got a bit of a sense of that too in a subsequent post he made, so this probably falls into NAI then.

agreed, i also kind of feel like mafia vm doesn’t say the thing about tofu

Yeah, I thought that was notable... although it could be a straight-up pocketing attempt that he felt sort of compelled to make given the circumstances.

they're not strongly positive feelings, i just think she sounded stream-of-consciousness in places. also i'm trying to avoid the reflex of getting weird about her posting so differently from tvt; she isn't far from null
can you expand on what you feel is different about her posting? i feel like her activity in tvt was characterized by the stream of consciousness/memeing thing you’ve mentioned (present in this game so far), alongside reacting intensely to suspicion on her (present in this game), and being persuaded between votes fairly rapidly (n/a in this game so far). i’ve been getting pretty much identical vibes from her overall

can you expand on what you feel is different about her posting? i feel like her activity in tvt was characterized by the stream of consciousness/memeing thing you’ve mentioned (present in this game so far), alongside reacting intensely to suspicion on her (present in this game), and being persuaded between votes fairly rapidly (n/a in this game so far). i’ve been getting pretty much identical vibes from her overall
honestly it's just that she's more serious/far less zany than she was in tvt (see: her mysterious informant reveal) to the point where i'm not thinking "ok, there's no way she's coached mafia" like i was then, as much as i tinfoiled in tvt. this is so not a real read on my part though, because it's perfectly plausible that she just doesn't have a role like MI where she roleplayed it or whatever, and the SoD environment here is so different from the one in tvt

Back
Top Bottom