• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

@Tofu, do you have any reads other than these on Mewtini and Skylar? Do you bring in any other reasons besides your activity/investment read, to these suspicions?

ftr, my personal take on that is that I think some people dominating the discussion is a function of playstyle and time someone is willing to spend on the game being unequal between players, and those traits doesn't entirely indicate alignment to me.

So... To me there is a clear lovefest happening through likes and the sort of insta-defend mechanic going on with Skylar/Mewtini. This is either just human nature of wanting to be in some group mentality/wanting to be friends/(possibly is friends I don't know y'all), but it seems irrational to me. From my perspective, people are defending Skylar too much and ignoring or misinterpreting posts that indicate suspicion.

Rari I just think is like good at mafia or something I'm not sure what to think. We played Push the Button together idk much about you but we won as aliens, so, clearly.

Most of what I have seen of people defending Skylar has been "oh, hypocop" and, while I get why people do that, it irritates me because clearly not everyone is a cop and it's like an excuse to just give a name with no reasoning under the guise of covering for the real cop. Information without reason makes me suspicious, and why are so many people doing it for the same person?

I didn't read vm's statistic thing as a Skylar wagon.

I'm going to repeat it because it'll be ignored. I don't think vm's statistic thing was a Skylar wagon.

I read it as just an interesting post trying to figure out probabilities, when at that point we had limited information (and, we still do). Because of that post, I think it helped me to gain perspective on what we could be dealing with in the game, and, while I think vm is rightly suspicious of Skylar, I don't think the numbers were meant to be a clear indication but were just for like, interest/observation (which is what we're supposed to be doing, right...) To me it looks like it's being skewed and not being looked at objectively.

That being said, at this point, lynching or vigging Skylar would reveal more valuable information than not doing so. Imo, of course. I feel like Skylar is a liability or something because people are too emotional over whether she is town or not. It would also reveal who was susceptible to that group mentality/hive mind thing and would either clear or make others suspicious by association, which I think is valuable in determining whether everyone else's reads are objective. What we need right now is information and I think that is more valuable than potentially losing another town, since we are still early in the game. That being said, I'm not committing to a vote just yet.

I don't think we should bother with Emmy at this point. Emmy hasn't been participating much and from what little I know about her, I think if she were mafia she'd be participating more (just a hunch). I think Emmy is vanilla town. I could be wrong but, fight me.

I am 95% on what vm's role is. I mentioned this to Jack previously because I thought I was cheating basically, and now I know even more than when I initially contacted him so it's like... I'm going to just try to separate what I know from the game and what I know in person. I don't want to not mention it at all because I think it could help, but, I am not planning on elaborating on this.

Oh wait; forget I said all that. I'll just "hypocop" that he's in the clear. Yeah. That'll work.

Most of what I have seen of people defending Skylar has been "oh, hypocop" and, while I get why people do that, it irritates me because clearly not everyone is a cop and it's like an excuse to just give a name with no reasoning under the guise of covering for the real cop. Information without reason makes me suspicious, and why are so many people doing it for the same person?
i think this is kind of a mischaracterization? people have absolutely not just been going “hypocop skylar good 👍👍” and leaving it at that. and also, yeah, if people acted like hypocop clears weren’t sufficient for a read then ? that defeats the purpose of hypocop as you say.

this entire post kind of pings weird to me, like it’s acting like people who disagree with the theory are doing so because they’re ignoring evidence or being sheep or teaming with me or something, rather than that people simply don’t think the case is that strong and disagree with it for valid reasons.

To me it looks like it's being skewed and not being looked at objectively.
as far as this goes, i think the point is kind of that it isn’t objective and that the numbers don’t really mean that much. i don’t think vm was trying to be intentionally misleading with them or anything, but it’s still not that useful to arbitrarily assign probability to non-random events like this and then expect to divine useful meaning from the results. butterfree and m+7 made pretty good posts about this too.

tbh i just have Reasons that i’m pretty sure skylar is town and maybe i will leave it at that for now. sorry

skimmed tofu’s post but am on mobile and i guess i’ll talk more later hehe but it’s kind of weird. “people are emotional over her being town” is kind of ??? and i’m not a fan of pure information lynching. granted i also have investment in keeping her around because i think she’s a good player and useful to town (if not mafia, which i don’t believe she is)

also i maintain that the reaction lovefest would be a dumb wolf move :p

Emmy hasn't been participating much and from what little I know about her, I think if she were mafia she'd be participating more (just a hunch). I think Emmy is vanilla town. I could be wrong but, fight me.
she is far less participatory than she was last game though

and she was essentially vanilla town there lol

So... To me there is a clear lovefest happening through likes and the sort of insta-defend mechanic going on with Skylar/Mewtini. This is either just human nature of wanting to be in some group mentality/wanting to be friends/(possibly is friends I don't know y'all), but it seems irrational to me. From my perspective, people are defending Skylar too much and ignoring or misinterpreting posts that indicate suspicion.

Rari I just think is like good at mafia or something I'm not sure what to think. We played Push the Button together idk much about you but we won as aliens, so, clearly.
why is there separation between me and rari? we’ve both gotten pointed out for “insta-defending” so i’m just wondering

yeah i’ll have to come back later but.

i don’t want to lynch someone purely because their associations are more in-depth than others’ are. i want to lynch someone who i think could be scum

Sorry for only checking in this late - somehow, I must have accidentally unsubscribed from this thread or something, because according to my notifications, no one posted anything since yesterday.
That said, isn't this
pretty sure i know who the vig is tbh
can you elaborate on this?
]
basically fishing, i.e. antitown play?

i guess? the vibe i got was that he had just come back to thread and made that post before reading through everything else, but that vibe could swing either way depending on future posts

@Tofu In the event that I die and have not yet claimed my role, I want you to tell the thread my role so that there can be no confusion about it.

I have verified the legality of this maneuver with JackPK.

Question 1: What was the name of the drunk guy at improv who shat himself?

Kevin = A
Marcus = B
Noah = C

Question 2: What was the first pool movie we watched?

The Joker = D
The Lighthouse = E
Uncut Gems = F

Question 3: What is the name of the foster rabbit in your living room?

Mochi = G
Boris = H
Raul = I

Put together the letters to determine my role

ADG = Vanilla Townie
ADH = Jailer
ADI = Watcher
AEG = Role Cop
AEH = Lyncher
AEI = Guardian Angel
AFG = Vanilla Townie
AFH = Doctor
AFI = Alien
BDG = Universal Backup
BDH = Mayor
BDI = Mafia Spy
BEG = Lover Maker
BEH = Cop
BEI = Bodyguard
BFG = Vanilla Townie
BFH = Lie Detector
BFI = Nexus
CDG = Tracker
CDH = Serial Killer
CDI = Executioner
CEG = Oracle
CEH = Bus Driver
CEI = Vigilante
CFG = Parity Cop
CFH = Vanilla Townie
CFI = Motion Detector

In the event that I die and flip mafia, disregard this message.

ok i said i was going to come back and actually post but i think what i would have said has already been posted (especially wrt being suspicious of people who've voiced discontent with The Numbers argument)
I didn't read vm's statistic thing as a Skylar wagon.
just to be clear i fully understand that he didn't intend (or says he didn't intend) for that to be 100% of his push, but he IS still making a push so i don't really know what this sentence means ... ?

vm continues pinging me and i'm maybe irrationally frustrated but ... i'd disengage if it weren't still the main thing getting talked about. i am beginning to care a bit less about my "this seems too brazen/impassioned for a wolf" rationale for maybe seeing him as town because there is something that feels calculated to me about his posting. idk. tinfoil maybe VM is bussing someone lmfao.

if i had to lynch someone exactly now i think it would probably still be emmy because Gut Feeling, but it's the sort of gut feeling that could be explained by "she doesn't have time to hang around inthread as much as tvt." she was a lot more easily swayed during tvtropes and part of me wants to say that maybe her play here is just that she's got a game under her belt but ... idk, her dodging questions and sort of fanning flames feels bad to me

Back
Top Bottom