• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

mewtini, can you expand on your read on Superjolt here? When I said he wasn't "current" I was just saying he wasn't like, caught up on the thread while he was EODing, which I'm personally fine with since he wasn't around until Monday.
ohhh, gotcha. what i meant was that he appeared inthread and was (presumably?) around during the time, but wasn't seeming as close to what i consider Archetypal Townie Behavior at EoD would be - trying to quickly get vibes off of the main wagons and acting accordingly. he asked about relevant posts in 991 though to his credit and maybe i'm just holding him to a slightly higher standard because i think (?) he has some level of experience playing

Agree with you on ILS's rari shade I think. Can you expand on what you like about ILS's 1301, Butterfree's 945, and my EOD?
tbh i have since backtracked on 1301. i think at the time i just thought that a wolf wouldn't pop in to say "these theories are flimsy" but i slipped back into "i don't like the VM push and it's weird that ILS encouraged it" and then into mostly null on that

i was thinking that butterfree asking "why are we suspicious of stryke" in 945 felt unnecessary for mafia, esp combined with her calling stryke's posts pure. that's a pretty light read though

your EoD felt like someone actually trying to figure out wtf was going on, i guess, and your voteflipping made sense to me in real-time. stuff like you wanting to wagon present players, getting roleclaims, and being concerned about the myuma-pile on in 1146 felt good

Alright I think these are my last questions. screams in multiquote.

@Butterfree can you talk a bit more about your RNP and IndigoEmmy reads? I guess I'm interested in any change on the people you said you'd need to reread after you reread them, as well.

mewtini’s right, we’re stuck in a pointless loop that will lead us nowhere tbh

tbqf I’ve been feeling uneasy about ILS for quite some time. he seems super evadey whenever we try to get his opinion on anything that hasn’t been heavily talked about previously, and while I know that he was kinda acting like that in TVT iirc and he was, well, our doctor, I feel like there’s a higher-than-average chance of him being mafia.

what are y’all’s opinions?
@rari_teh can you point to some specific posts of ILS's that make you think that? What do you think of koko and Butterfree's points about his flavor speculation, or does that not really sway you that much?

I'm wondering why the same small handful of people are dominating the discussion. Boredom is a valid reason, but I see more investment in this. I read that much investment as suspicious, because it gives the power to a smaller group of people who are able to influence others by just being more vocal, which seems like a mafia-y thing to do. I would like to hear from some others who have managed to follow the discussion.

There are 17 people alive.

I'm side-eying Mewtini and Skylar at this point.

Btw, why would posting slightly or more or less memes mean anything lmao
@Tofu, do you have any reads other than these on Mewtini and Skylar? Do you bring in any other reasons besides your activity/investment read, to these suspicions?

ftr, my personal take on that is that I think some people dominating the discussion is a function of playstyle and time someone is willing to spend on the game being unequal between players, and those traits doesn't entirely indicate alignment to me.

@Superjolt and @Mr. Ultracool, hope you're doing alright - it would be cool to get some thoughts from you about the day's events! For a more direct question, I'd be interested in your thoughts about Vipera Magnifica's case on kyeugh and the resulting discussions, as well as the current wagons.

By the way, if anyone has problems with being pinged/mentioned/@'d, please let me know. I know some people were kind of hesitant to ping people earlier, and I don't know if that's an actual issue that people are having.

What makes you think that interpretation as opposed to one where Trebek is flip-flopping a bit and then concerned about optics because he lacks information and is concerned about his own ML respectively?
literally just the EoD, because he wasn't a wagon
I see, that makes sense, since he wasn't under any serious pressure or anything.
i probably should have elaborated more for The Thread's Sake. what i mean is that, obvi, if he was town and concerned about getting mislynched, prioritizing self-defense makes sense, but that wasn't the case. coming in and acting kind of non-urgently/clarifying non-related posts instead of quickly vibechecking the two wagoned players is what felt weird to me

fking hit post reply again
- and that (as i read it) she was trying to move things along a bit

Haha I lied, more questions.

@Herbe Can you talk a little more about your Emmy thoughts / why you're voting her and why you think the wagons could be v/v?

I have a hunch that several of the 6 mafia members are among the most active players

this is a good snake tbh. With how badly we screwed up yesterday, it would not surprise me at all if there were a couple of mafia influencing the direction of the conversation and the formation of the leading wagons. (This is another reason why the kyeugh thing unnerves me.)

I'll have a glance back shortly and see if I can scrape together anything about the people who have been talking a lot.
@kokorico Could you elaborate on who specifically you're looking at with this / where you're thinking after this glance back?

@Bluwiikoon Sorry if you did so and I just didn't see it, I've been a bit scattered - can you sum up where your head is at for me? And this is maybe a weird question, but how/have the EOD wagon flips changed what you've been thinking?

--

Me and my seer cover (new band name): Keldeo, Butterfree, M Plus 7
Yeah!: mewtini, rari_teh (maybe?), Bluwiikoon (some amount of read decay from d1)
Yeah?: Tofu (via VM), Vipera Magnifica, kokorico
Uhh, mrgle, will review their EODs and stuff when I am not sleepy: kyeugh, Trebek, Superjolt
Eh: Herbe, I liek Squirtles, IndigoEmmy, RedneckPhoenix, Mr. Ultracool

or something. I'm not super happy with my reads, I feel like there are too many players I don't have a strong grasp on, but I have a decent amount of time tomorrow to reread and firm stuff up!

I'll vote Mr. Ultracool just as a [pokes], I think this makes the current votecount
4 - IndigoEmmy - mewtini, Trebek, rari, Herbe
3 - Mr. Ultracool - Skylar, VM, Keldeo

@Bluwiikoon Sorry if you did so and I just didn't see it, I've been a bit scattered - can you sum up where your head is at for me? And this is maybe a weird question, but how/have the EOD wagon flips changed what you've been thinking?
Hi Keldeooooo! (Unrelatedly, omg it saves posts-in-progress between phone and pc :o Had to switch for more comfortable writing!)

After reading other peoples' thoughts a bit more, I feel better about kyeugh than I did in my previous post where I was starting to have Doubts. She's definitely a smart player as we've seen, but I trust mewtini's judgement in that kyeugh is more relaxed and memey and contributing more to town than not.

VM comes out of the kyeugh speculation looking a bit worse if we all accept kyeugh as town, since it could all be a push to discredit someone we perceive as town over uhhh current lynch targets. But, trying to use mech stuff as speculation could also be a very towny move? It just all, hmm, feels very aggressive. ILS also continues to feel 🤔 to me, for posting sparsely yet feeling inclined to comment on the rari shade and kyeugh shade. I also don't think ILS's flavor spec could necessarily be ultra towny if there's no Strange Circumstances to hide

By EOD wagon flips you mean uhhh Stryke, myuma and Seshas' nonscum flips, right? It is unfortunate but I honestly feel like given the circumstances, we didn't have too much to go on yesterDay 😔 Vig resolving one of our suspects is a bit useful so we can speculate about other things toDay, but I do still feel like the mafia's choice of going after Seshas was a bit strange, even if they did perhaps fear their playstyle? Regardless of Seshas' activity in previous games, I feel that they didn't contribute too much to the discussion in this game and remained a bit quiet overall. But if mafia members have been in prior games with Seshas and the kill wasn't random, I'd be inclined to 👀 @ players who have been in more than one game (and aren't a dumb newbie like me LOL)

I still don't feel too bad about either an Ultracool or IndigoEmmy lynch, however, this post from Indigo has me feeling a little strange:
You really don't want to lynch me. Trust me.
That and her not really wanting to read or speculate is uhhhh. Hmm. I see a few possibilities:
  • Emmy is actually cop and is saving spicy reads for later
  • Emmy is (unactivated?) alien and trying to seem like she has an important role so mafia will target her
  • Emmy is mafia and trying to seem like cop/alien so town gets nervous about lynching, along with trying to stay under the radar a bit
  • Emmy is just town and doesn't want to get lynched
That's all I've really got for now, though I do still feel strange about Herbe based on what Butterfree has been saying (LAMIST stuff in day 1)

I’m not done catching up but re: whether mafia!kyeugh is reluctant to bus, all I can think of is her brazenly leading a lynch on RNP after M&F had been inspected as mafia

emmy saying "you don't want to lynch me" is either a real beginner scum move or a real beginner town power role move. i'm not moving my vote out of spite for kyeugh but just contemplating

i am still trying to work out how i feel about emmy, but something i want to bring up is that i feel like emmy’s play last game was very much with the flow; she was pretty easily persuaded to change votes and mostly seemed to kind of float around consensus. in this game i feel she’s been a bit more against the grain. i’m not particularly suspecting vm right now, but IF emmy flips red, my eyes are going to be on him. with her abstain vote yesterday and her scumread on me that she doesn’t want to substantiate, i don’t think it’s impossible that she’s basically following his lead.
i would probably be side-eyeing him for this if i was more convinced of emmy’s scumminess, but meh, i’m having kind of a hard time being super convinced of anyone’s alignment right now.

fwiw don't take my "statistics" post as the main argument against skylar, it's not really meant to be any kind of hard evidence nor is it anything less than a highly simplified model, it was more just me thinking "what are the chances someone would randomly vote for 3 townies from this setup" and then actually trying to calculate those chances as best I could. the real thing that made me suspicious of her is the timing of her votes, and I have a hunch that several of the 6 mafia members are among the most active players

i'm only like 70% certain she's mafia at this point, but honestly i'd like to hear the reasons so many of you don't think she's mafia. so far all i'm hearing is "good vibes" but considering this is the woman that played many of you like a fiddle in tvtropes mafia, you'd think people would be more wary of her ability to feign towniness

VM, do you suspect anyone in particular of this?
I honestly think mewtini is being duped by skylar like she was last game, and I feel sorry for her if that's the case.

When it comes to rari I don't think there's any duping at all, I genuinely think they're in cahoots.

I really think I should trust my gut on this and there are things that skylar has said that have made me 🤔 but it seems like there's no use pushing for a kyeugh lynch today. I guess we'll find out eventually whether I was right or wrong on this but boy do I hope I'm right.

Hello all!! I'm getting caught up on thread all will post a tier list of my reads in a bit. I'll only have access to mobile today.

One thing I will clear up now @Butterfree is that I flavor spec'd the death as Mr. Mistoffelees instead of Macavity for a very stupid reason, I forgot this was 2019 and not stage show, where Macavity is not Suave or has Magic (extremely basic mistake and ik it sounds flimsy but it is true,,)

i will agree with vm: i'm having less fun with the current mafia style than i did with old school tcodfia tbh. all yall talking and shit, boring

Back
Top Bottom