• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

My bad, the Egyptian pyramid challenge was already taken... I apparently fogot to remove it from the board. However, maybe you can ask Kung Fu Ferret if he'd like to offer another challenge for you!

Format: 4 vs 4 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 33.33%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 10 Chills, Direct Recoveries
Arena Description: (Taken from Altered Origin)
The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath even the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone—none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed—the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many of its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?
Additional Rules: Pokémon can't be fully evolved.
Hope I'm doing this right...

Could I take this challenge? My battles are all old and haven't posted in a while.

I think I'm only in two battles that take up a slot (not that either of them has moved in years), so. This is totally ridiculous but I need to spread the word of bird. Go buy your cheep cheeps!

Format: 1&1 vs 1&1, double
DQ: whatever
Damage Cap: 40%?
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Chill, anything that erases abilities (I don't think Oricorio has anything like that, but just in case). Spamming of Dance moves is highly encouraged.

Arena: Oricorio Meadow
idk how to write but it is pretty and full of flowers and stuff. The meadow is separated into four quadrants, each populated with a different colour of Oricorio flower. It is very very pretty. So pretty. Look how pretty! Cheep cheeps can take an action to drink the nectar from any of the flowers and change form according to the flower's colour. Form changes will take place at the end of the round.

Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon is our favourite cheep cheep friend, Oricorio. We will need one Oricorio of each form (but of course they can change forms during battle, see the arena description). Mine is Sensu form! Flying and Electric inflict neutral damage on each other, to prevent Pom-Pom form from being too OP. All participating cheep cheeps have Fiery Dance, Feather Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance added to their movepool.

This battle may drag on, so I'm considering something like everyone starting off at 50% health/energy and only two actions a round so the ref doesn't need to write like, five million dance moves per round. I welcome your suggestions! (This would probably have to affect exp gain in some way, but I'll assume nobody cares about it in this battle anyway because Oricorio doesn't evolve.)

Current Participants:
  • Eifie (Sensu Oricorio)
  • Sandstone-Shadow (Baile Oricorio)
  • JackPK (Pa'u Oricorio)
  • sanderidge (Pom-Pom Oricorio)

Last edited:
I think I'm only in two battles that take up a slot (not that either of them has moved in years), so. This is totally ridiculous but I need to spread the word of bird. Go buy your cheep cheeps!

Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Chill, anything that erases abilities (I don't think Oricorio has anything like that, but just in case). Spamming of Dance moves is highly encouraged.

idk how to write but it is pretty and full of flowers and stuff. The meadow is separated into four quadrants, each populated with a different colour of Oricorio flower. It is very very pretty. So pretty. Look how pretty! Cheep cheeps can take an action to drink the nectar from any of the flowers and change form according to the flower's colour. Form changes will take place at the end of the round.

Additional Rules: The only allowed Pokémon is our favourite cheep cheep friend, Oricorio. We will need one Oricorio of each form (but of course they can change forms during battle, see the arena description). Mine is Sensu form! Flying and Electric inflict neutral damage on each other, to prevent Pom-Pom form from being too OP. All participating cheep cheeps have Fiery Dance, Feather Dance, Lunar Dance, Petal Dance, and Quiver Dance added to their movepool.

This battle may drag on, so I'm considering something like everyone starting off at 50% health/energy and only two actions a round so the ref doesn't need to write like, five million dance moves per round. I welcome your suggestions! (This would probably have to affect exp gain in some way, but I'll assume nobody cares about it in this battle anyway because Oricorio doesn't evolve.)

Dibs on Baile Oricorio :D

also wait do you even need to nerf Electric? Can Pom-Pom Oricorio even learn any Electric moves...?

Current Participants:
  • Eifie (Sensu Oricorio)
  • Sandstone-Shadow (Baile Oricorio)
  • You?! (Pa'u Oricorio)
  • You?! (Pom-Pom Oricorio)

dibs on reffing this

While we wait for the rest of tcod to come around to our lord and savior cheep cheep, a quick challenge for SS with a shamelessly stolen arena!

Format: 1v1
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Chill, Protect/Detect
Arena: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

While we wait for the rest of tcod to come around to our lord and savior cheep cheep, a quick challenge for SS with a shamelessly stolen arena!

Format: 1v1
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Chill, Protect/Detect
Arena: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

I accept!

I have...never made a ASB challenge...

Format: 2&2 vs 2&2! Team doubles!
Style: Switch?
DQ: Two weeks sounds good, yeah
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Amity Square

Amity Square has, miracle of miracles, done two very special things: expanded their list of Pokémon deemed cute enough to enter (read as: all base-stage mons~) and, for one night only, allowed Tiny Pokémon Battles! They may regret this, but hey, how destructive could a bunch of tiny Pokémon be?! (Don't answer that please.)

The arena, for the most part, is pretty open, with the exception of a few huts for Pokémon to hide in.
Additional Rules: Only baby/base stage Pokémon, please! Amity Square can only handle Tiny Pokémon Battles...

I have...never made a ASB challenge...

Format: 2&2 vs 2&2! Team doubles!
Style: Switch?
DQ: Two weeks sounds good, yeah
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Amity Square

Amity Square has, miracle of miracles, done two very special things: expanded their list of Pokémon deemed cute enough to enter (read as: all base-stage mons~) and, for one night only, allowed Tiny Pokémon Battles! They may regret this, but hey, how destructive could a bunch of tiny Pokémon be?! (Don't answer that please.)

The arena, for the most part, is pretty open, with the exception of a few huts for Pokémon to hide in.
Additional Rules: Only baby/base stage Pokémon, please! Amity Square can only handle Tiny Pokémon Battles...

I'll ref this!

We've got Flora, ILS, Negrek, and sanderidge, right? What team pairs would you like?

edit: omg is this 2&2 vs 2&2 like... eight pokemon out on the field?

I picked this because I wanted practice, might as well jump off into the deep end hahahahaha

I'll ref this!

We've got Flora, ILS, Negrek, and sanderidge, right? What team pairs would you like?

edit: omg is this 2&2 vs 2&2 like... eight pokemon out on the field?

I picked this because I wanted practice, might as well jump off into the deep end hahahahaha

OH GOD NO I wasn't sure how to word it! each trainer only has one out at a time!

oh right team matchups. I'm fine with any/all!

I'll ref this!

same @ flora re: team matchups! i think it would be okay if you randomized who we're with.

(also, this is allowing base-stage pokemon like sandshrew, right. or should i stick with the Actual Baby Pokemon)

same @ flora re: team matchups! i think it would be okay if you randomized who we're with.

(also, this is allowing base-stage pokemon like sandshrew, right. or should i stick with the Actual Baby Pokemon)

it allows base-stage, yeah! think little cup in stadium 2!

Back
Top Bottom