• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

Here's a battle that SS and I are going to ref for Flora, Murkrow, and Karousever!

Format: 1v1v1 single
Style: (Set)
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: None. Moves requiring non-pizza resources are fine, we'll make them work.
Arena Description: Giant Pizza Sailing Aimlessly Through Outer Space, Redux

There is yet another giant motherfucking PIZZA sailing through the motherfucking GALAXY. What're you gonna do, eat it? Nah, it's got mushrooms on it. Gross. Too gross to eat, but something like a large boulder or a Draco Meteor could totally blow a hole in it. Make sure you don't fall off! I heard that space is littered with giant fucking anchovies.

Additional Rules: The pizza is quite large, but should a Pokémon happen to fall off, there will be consequences... like, it might hurt, or something. I dunno, have you tried falling off a giant pizza sailing aimlessly through outer space? Flying and hovering Pokémon are equally susceptible to falling off the edge of the pizza, because anime physics. Direct healing, chills, and OHKOs are allowed, but a Pokémon will have to remain very still and concentrate very hard while using them... prime time to shove them into the deepest, darkest depths of outer space, wouldn't you say?

Hi yes I'm accepting this too!!!!!

Here's a battle that SS and I are going to ref for Flora, Murkrow, and Karousever!

Format: 1v1v1 single
Style: (Set)
DQ: 1 week
Banned/Restricted Moves: None. Moves requiring non-pizza resources are fine, we'll make them work.
Arena Description: Giant Pizza Sailing Aimlessly Through Outer Space, Redux

There is yet another giant motherfucking PIZZA sailing through the motherfucking GALAXY. What're you gonna do, eat it? Nah, it's got mushrooms on it. Gross. Too gross to eat, but something like a large boulder or a Draco Meteor could totally blow a hole in it. Make sure you don't fall off! I heard that space is littered with giant fucking anchovies.

Additional Rules: The pizza is quite large, but should a Pokémon happen to fall off, there will be consequences... like, it might hurt, or something. I dunno, have you tried falling off a giant pizza sailing aimlessly through outer space? Flying and hovering Pokémon are equally susceptible to falling off the edge of the pizza, because anime physics. Direct healing, chills, and OHKOs are allowed, but a Pokémon will have to remain very still and concentrate very hard while using them... prime time to shove them into the deepest, darkest depths of outer space, wouldn't you say?

yes i consent to being conscripted into this battle

Format: 2v2 Double

Style: Set

DQ Time: 48 Hours

Damage Cap: 35% Per Round

Banned/Restricted Moves: Weather moves, OHKO moves, and direct recovery moves. 10 Chills per Pokèmon

Arena Description: 20-feet stone walls stand on all flur sides of this square arena, blocking Pokèmon from moving past these boundaries. These walls cannot be broken. The arena is 10 feet long and 10 feet wide. At the top of these walls is a barrier of physic energy, thus blocking any Pokèmon from climbing or moving past that. The floor is cobblestone that cannot be broken.

Additional Rules: Only NFE and single-stage Pokèmon allowed.

Format: 2v2 Double

DQ Time: 48 Hours

Damage Cap: 35% Per Round

Banned/Restricted Moves: Weather moves, OHKO moves, and direct recovery moves. 10 Chills per Pokèmon

Arena Description: 20-feet stone walls stand on all flur sides of this square arena, blocking Pokèmon from moving past these boundaries. These walls cannot be broken. The arena is 10 feet long and 10 feet wide. At the top of these walls is a barrier of physic energy, thus blocking any Pokèmon from climbing or moving past that. The floor is cobblestone that cannot be broken.

Additional Rules: Only NFE and single-stage Pokèmon allowed.
Sure, why not?

Challenge me! (My post from June that Cynder challenged me with still has no ref, so I'd like to scrap it if at all possible!)

Format: 3v3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: one month
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves
Arena Description: Inside an Egyptian pyramid, but blocks can be moved from the inside so the battle could take place outside.
Additional Rules:

Might as well.

hey it'd be pretty cool if I stopped letting this die, have a challenge

Format: 2v2 single
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery limited to 1/Pokémon
Arena Description: Iki Town

A new gen, a new region for the battle-thirsty psychopaths of Asber to lay waste to! The battle takes place on top of that big square thing where you fight Hala. uh that's about it

...guess while I'm here I'll dust off my reffing whistle, too. Taking lasagnalover9 vs Negrek!

hey it'd be pretty cool if I stopped letting this die, have a challenge

Format: 2v2 single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct recovery limited to 1/Pokémon
Arena Description: Iki Town

A new gen, a new region for the battle-thirsty psychopaths of Asber to lay waste to! The battle takes place on top of that big square thing where you fight Hala. uh that's about it

...guess while I'm here I'll dust off my reffing whistle, too. Taking lasagnalover9 vs Negrek!
I don't know that we've actually battled before... ? If so, it must have been a long time ago. So, why not?

A lot of people seem to have one, so...
MIMIKYU BATTLE ROYALE!
Format: 1 v. 1 v. 1 v. 1 (etc., just Mimikyus)

DQ: 48 hours

Damage Cap: 20%

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO's

Arena Description: Welcome to the land of Mimikyu. A plain, no-bonus arena that will bend to a user's will a small bit, creating rocks, water, and anything else a Mimikyu will need to battle. Only Mimikyus can control it, though, as they're the only ones who know what it's like to feel so ALONE. Also, don't uproot any turf near the trainers... results aren't pretty...

Additional Rules: Mimikyu only.

My Mimikyu will be the BEST Mimikyu.

Cancelling this because all of the mimikyus are busy.

This is a challenge for RedneckPhoenix!

Format: 2 v. 2 Single Battle

DQ: 2 weeks

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves, Terrain moves, one direct recovery move use per Pokemon

Arena Description: Pokemon Type Simulator:
Deep in a random jungle, there lies a large dome, where, a century ago, experiments were conducted to find out the mechanics of Pokemon types. As a result of this, the dome was made to harness and utilize the power of Pokemon types. It was a technological marvel, and considered nearly space-age in its day, and is the largest driving force behind why we know what we do about types... but thats all in the past, so who cares! This is where we're gonna battle! On the inside, its just a large white dome, about the size of a typical apartment building, and about half as tall, nothing special...

Additional Rules: ... except at the end of each turn, however, the dome will change colors and features to reflect a certain, random type. (The first turn will just reflect no type; it doesn't kick in till the end of the first turn). For the turn following, all attacking moves used that are the same type as the battlefield will get a 1.5x boost in power, and all attacking moves that have types that are normally weak to the type of the battlefield will get a 0.75x boost. Terrain moves can't be used because it whacks with the type system, and bad things would happen. Nature Power, Secret Power, Camouflage, and Reflect Type will all reflect the type of the battlefield.

Last edited:
yeah i'll take it but i dont think we're gonna need 3 weeks unless you do that thing where you forget literally everything on the internet

Challenge for KangaRou!

Format: 3v3
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOes, Direct Recovery moves, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: The Forest of Things
Arena Description: Battles happen in The Forest of Things, battles that take place in a small clearing ringed by enourmous trees. The canopy lets pockets of sunlight through to hit the vast green underbrush, where the Pokemon meet. There are occasional bug-types that flit in and out of the overhead foliage, or poke their heads out of the myriad knots in the tree trunks. There's a small pond to the left of the clearing, which can be used for water type attacks.
Additional Rules: The bug-types have grown fond of cheering on the battlers, and every so often they'll come out, observe and react with great expressiveness and/or cheerleading costumes they knitted themselves.

Challenge for KangaRou!

Arena Description: Battles happen in The Forest of Things, battles that take place in a small clearing ringed by enourmous trees. The canopy lets pockets of sunlight through to hit the vast green underbrush, where the Pokemon meet. There are occasional bug-types that flit in and out of the overhead foliage, or poke their heads out of the myriad knots in the tree trunks. There's a small pond to the left of the clearing, which can be used for water type attacks.
Additional Rules: The bug-types have grown fond of cheering on the battlers, and every so often they'll come out, observe and react with great expressiveness and/or cheerleading costumes they knitted themselves.

Sure thing!! =^3^=

Now a challenge for anyone!

Format: 2v2
DQ: 3 weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Arena Name: Actually Just a Giant Clam
Arena Description: We are on top of a giant clam. A clam so enormous that the miniscule battlers actually just think it is a very, very blue and very, very well tilled field. The clam is also so uncircumnavigably broad that it seems to have, on occasion, collected rainwater in the grooves. The grooves themselves are quite far apart, about 10 meters, and so most things of moderate to shameful extent of voyagibility are pretty comfortable.
Additional Rules: The giant clam will occasionally bellow, causing smooth and relaxing reverberations across its endless shell. Some say that the clam contains all upon its back, as if it were some kind of turtle myth. The clam simply laughs at the ideas formed by those of inept wordshape.

Challenge for KangaRou!

Sure thing!! =^3^=

Sure, let's do this.

Arena Description: We are on top of a giant clam. A clam so enormous that the miniscule battlers actually just think it is a very, very blue and very, very well tilled field. The clam is also so uncircumnavigably broad that it seems to have, on occasion, collected rainwater in the grooves. The grooves themselves are quite far apart, about 10 meters, and so most things of moderate to shameful extent of voyagibility are pretty comfortable.
Additional Rules: The giant clam will occasionally bellow, causing smooth and relaxing reverberations across its endless shell. Some say that the clam contains all upon its back, as if it were some kind of turtle myth. The clam simply laughs at the ideas formed by those of inept wordshape.

Sure, I'll take this.

Sure, I'll take this.

And I'll ref it!

Back
Top Bottom