• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Chaos of the MYTH

"Makes enough sense.", Makoto said as Peter explained the mechanics of it.

There probably won't be seithr around to utilize magic. That was fine with Makoto, she wasn't terribly good with magic.

She pumped her fists in front of her, "Nothing but good ol' fashioned fisticuffs for me, then. Ars Magus was never my strong suit anyway. So, Pete, where do we go first to meet this Judge? I think I remember seeing a city outside of here, but at least I don't know my way around, it's a totally new place."

Makoto then heard the shouts of one of the group. It was a boy clad in blue and wearing a peculiar white hat.

"Good to see someone's enthusiatic about this. I was born in a city called Shinatsu, but I suppose that's probably not going to mean anything to anybody here.", Makoto said to the kid, "Oh! Maybe we should learn each other's names, that might be helpful if we're supposed to, ya know, work together.I'm Makoto Nanaya, pleased to meet all of you!"

Dooku steppe forth, activating his saber, and in a growling voice replied, "Judge, sad, anyway let us take his head quickly and get this over with," he looked at Peter, "where is he?"

Ghetsis frowned. If his sigil truly only granted the power to enhance his new allies, it was... rather underwhelming, though it had potential. True power came from commanding the hearts of people, after all, and it did suit him to stand back while others fought, their own powers enhanced by his mere presence. Even so, he greatly doubted that the sigil would be a more impressive tool than Hydreigon when it came to a combat-based endeavour such as this one.

No one else here had a pokémon, Ghetsis suddenly realised. He'd noticed at the back of his mind, but its significance only came crashing down on him now. Hadn't that been his dream? To stand unopposed, the unlimited potential and vast powers of pokémon in his hands alone? A slight smirk reached his face.

"You spoke of five generals," Ghetsis said. "Tell us everything you know about all of them. And," he added, glancing at the shadowed councillors, who might one day become his opponents, "why you lack the power to stop them on your own."

"I'm Doctor Horrible," Dr. Horrible said. "I have a PHD in Horribleness."

He realized that that sounded really cheesy.

"I want to change the world, though," Dr. Horrible added. "Make people pay attention to what's going on. They don't pay attention to the things that happen."

Cloud turned his flat gaze to the others in the group, looking to each of them, his eyes revealing his unhappy emotions, but also his interest in the others. "My name's Cloud..." His eyes stop on Finn. "I come from Gaia... I live in Edge, a small city outside Midgar. Though... I suppose that doesn't matter too much compared to what's going on now." He looks back to Peter and the council, pulling the Fusion Sword off his back and leaning on it carefully. "This Judge... and these other Generals..." He trails off. but is eyes show his curiosity as he looks to hear this explanation again.

Flandre picked up on the annoyance in the white-haired one's voice at what she had said and frankly she found it hilarious. Clearly he didn't know what she was capable of. She floated over to the bear-hatted boy, brushing past people's hair (and occasionally poking at any head ornaments they happened to be wearing; she seemed especially intrigued by Dr. Horrible's goggles) as she went.

"Hello, everyone! Good to meet you all! Oooh we're all going to be good friends, I bet!" She said brightly (though those who were paying attention may have been able to pick up the smallest hint of sarcasm on that last bit), "I'm Flandre Scarlet! I... uh... don't think my sister knows I'm out, so nobody tell her, okay?" She tugged slightly at Finn's "ears." "I haven't been out of my basement much... well, really, ever. They take good care of me, but it's nice to be out, y'know?

"Uuh... I guess if we're all talking about where we came from... I'm from Gensoukyo. Sister Remilia kept me in the basement of her mansion, though... 'cause apparently I was too dangerous to be let out or something. But come on, I'm not gonna hurt anybody, okay~?"

She gave a big toothy smile.

Zexion watches the goings-on in the group. His Sigil, shaped like a book, was tucked into the current page open of his Lexicon. Apparently, the Sigil would give him time to learn a fact about an opponent, and give him long enough to study that fact. It sounded like a waste, but he wasn't about to argue. All he was here for was to protect Castle Oblivion and the NoBodies that lived there in the Organization. He had to, no time for emotions.

Someone had spoken up and asked about names and places. These weren't important, but he better speak up now. "I am Zexion, from Castle Oblivion." That was all they needed. He adjusts his black Organization cloak and moves his steel-blue hair. The hair was out of the way for just long enough that anyone who looked at him would see both bright aqua eyes.

"So we must first go after the Judge?" Zexion was interested to know something before he prepared to leave. He removes his Sigil from the Lexicon. He holds it up and asks, "When exactly can I use my powers? Do I have to see the enemy, or just know who they are?" He sets the Sigil back in the Lexicon, on the next page.

He closes the Lexicon and looks at the group; a giant red man, a floating vampire, and a mole-like creature. While these weren't all, these were the ones that caught Zexion's eye straight off. This was going to be a bumpy ride. And no matter what, Zexion had to follow his own rule of finishing the job completely.

Taking a long drag off of his cigar, he lightly pats his coat to make sure his guns had come with him when he was brought here. Pleased by this, he then looks to the others and their introduction. With a shrug he turns to them and taps the ask from his cigar with indifference. "Name's Hellboy and I'm from this place called Earth. Nice place, like to keep it intact. Kinda my job and all...among other things. Now this General you told us about. Are you only going to reveal that first one and then the others after or are we going to get a full info card on these so called shadows."

He looks over to Peter at the last part, tap replacing his cigar and tapping his sigil. His sigil was called Fate, which was ironic due to his own 'fate' that awaits him sooner or later. He was able to steal the powers of the ones they are fighting for a period of time, likely using them against them. Kind of cheap but if these monsters were this bad, it could be useful.

Ghirahim watched as the other fellows dragged into this mess introduced themselves, one by one. After that Hellboy brute identified himself to the others, Ghirahim decided that now was as good of a time as any to introduce himself to the others. "I am the Demon Lord that rules over the world that most of its denizens call 'the surface,'" he said with a dramatic bow. "My name is Ghirahim. Mind you, I would much prefer to be addressed by my full title of 'Lord Ghirahim,' but I'm not picky."

He of course conveniently left out the part where his reign over the surface had been all but scuttled by the work of that insipid sky child, forcing him to go to ridiculously drastic measures to bring about the return of his Master. Then - again - that boy had dared to intervene in his ritual, and had survived every last attack Ghirahim had thrown at him. In the end, of course, Ghirahim got the last laugh, for his Master was successfully revived, and Ghirahim had the honor of returning to his side as his weapon. After that...

Well, he was here. Here in this Myth place. And now he had to kill all of these generals to ensure that there would be somewhere for his Master to rule over again. But that - all of it - were mere details to these beings. They need not know of how he was here in the first place, of how a mere child of man nearly tore apart his rule over everything that he had every right to rule.

All that they needed to know was his name and title, and - once the glorious battle arrived - that he was fully capable of slaughtering whatever foes that were in between him and this goal.

As the others began to introduce themselves, Sophie began to think. Should I introduce myself...she thought. Eventually, she came to her decision.

"Um, I'm Sophie," she began, "and I'm from..."

At this, she trailed off. Technically, she was from Fodra; that was where she'd been created and raised, after all. But she'd always felt more at home in Ephinea; there, everyone treated her as if she was human, not just some scientist's plaything. It was quite a struggle for her to name her place of origin, whether by "birth" or association.

"Ephinea," she finished. "I'm from Ephinea."

Digger did not want to introduce herself; it would feel too much like she was agreeing to go along with this whole thing for her tastes. Everyone but her and, perhaps, the man with the eyepatch (who for a moment was overlayed in her mind with a scowling, veiled man with similar problems) seemed to be at least alright with what was happening. To give herself time to think, the wombat carefully and distastefully rolled the 'Sigil' over in her hand.

Wisdom[:] see things others do not... quickly learn new things... skilled at diplomacy, all things that, even in a completely objective light, Digger thought that she already had. Hmm. Perhaps the trinket wouldn't do much, and since it apparently wouldn't be gotten rid of easily... Still, best to keep it put away until it could be gotten rid of. She stuffed the triangle into her vest pocket, into the spot where she normally kept her coins. Best to keep it away from the chemical lights, etc.

What of this quest, though? It certainly sounded important, but it still rankled Digger's hide that she had had no choice in the matter. As she thought, she cast her gaze upwards around her. This was a motley crew, for sure: furry women, middle-aged humans, pale androgynous people who sounded evil and (Digger winced) a few kids. Nevermind his sword and that he was about twice her height, the blonde in the adorable hat was ungrown, obviously optimistic. She could see that he knew how to handle the weapon, but Digger couldn't just let him and, now that she thought on it, most of the people here go ahead and fight some huge deadly battle. It wasn't right, she thought, as her eyes passed over a scrawny blonde man in a labcoat. Couldn't be older than a quarter-century, if her sense of human aging was alright.

An old man (waaay to many humans here) lit up a sword made out of... light? Odd. And probably very very dangerous.

"Blood and shale, man, put the weapon away. There are kids around, and that one," she said, pointing a claw at the hat-boy, "could probably kick your ass."

Peter's smile got a little wider, and a little more... well it was hard to tell. Impressed? Nevertheless, he raised both his hands over his head, palms up, and a glowing mass of what looked like luminescent fog manifested above his head, formless and coalescing. The holy man shut his eyes and began to speak, his voice a little different now, like he was being used as a mouthpiece for some higher being.

"The Five Generals were pulled through the World Thread, just like you all. Powerful beings in their own worlds, the Evil wished to use them against us."

The fog above his head shifted, forming a grey outline of a creature of some sort, from the shoulders up - a great angular head set on a humanoid body.

"The Judge. He is a shadowed being, born of pain and punishment, and thirsts for blood even now in this new world. Judgment personified, in a dark sense."

The fog shifted again, this time becoming a mass of shapes that was hard to make out, suspended from above. A yellow light glimmered faintly in the foggy shape.

"The Watcher. A sinister being of of metal and wire, she may not be as mobile as the others, but is just as deadly, if not more so..."

Again, the fog shifted, this time manifesting into a hunched humanoid figure with two horns, one coiled and the other broken off. A faint green light shined from the depths of the fog.

"The Undead, master of necrotic energy and a being of vast power, sucking away the lifeforce of the planet he called home before being brought here. I hear tell that he shares his home with one of you."

The next figure displayed was a twisted, winged serpentine creature with mismatched horns, twin points of yellow light serving as eyes in the grey outline. The creature seemed to undulate slowly in the smoke.

"The Chaotic, more a trickster spirit than villain, but nevertheless dangerous as the other Generals."

The final form to appear in the smoke was humanoid in stature, though a pair of vast wings spread from its shoulders and its head seemed to have a pair of curved horns or ears. The figure flashed a brilliant green before the fog disappeared.

"The Adversary, the final General. Almost unlimited power radiates from him, and you will need all your power to defeat him. Good luck."

Finn, meanwhile, had visibly deflated after the priest had spoke of 'the Undead'. That description was...familiar. The young hero let his sword arm fall slowly, the blade resting on the floor again with a dull clunk, and his raised arm fell to his side. He turned around abruptly.

"You can't...! No! No no no the Lich can't be here...."

Makoto nodded and took mental notes. Not that she really any special talents besides pummeling the snot out of whatever opposed her, but once they arrived at the environment that they would engage these Generals in, Makoto could think up a more detailed plan of attack. She was still a spy, after all. Not everything could be shattered with her fists. That big metallic General with the wires everywhere looked especially daunting...

She then heard a clunk, something metallic hitting the floor. Makoto turned to see one of the humans, Finn, turned around and looking rather down.

She walked over, hearing him say something, "Something wrong, little guy?", Makoto asked.

There was a stir among the shadowed beings in the room, murmuring and soft whispers as the images of the generals were shown to the others. A flicker of flame dances, showing a almost amused smirk before dancing away to hide its master in the dark once more. A vine coils from the throne it covers, circling a pale ankle before unwinding and resting under the chin of its master, glowing yellow eyes watching them as carefully as a predatory feline. If you listen carefully you could swear you hear a soft innocent giggle from one throne entirely covered in thick shadows and shapes.

Hellboy studies the images with a poker face, still pondering over his sigil's power and what he may be up against. Tapping the ash from his cigar again, he rolls his shoulders and turns on his heel with his tail flicking behind him. "Well then. Lets get the show on the road."

"You sure as a eager one" sighed a voice from the Council, almost sounding like rain water on a body of water. Followed by a musical laugh, the voice continues in a soft and elegant tone. "I am rather glad that you all will help us. Yes we know that we took you from your homes but for us to do so shows how much we need of your help. I hope in time you will forgive our rudeness, but when this is all done know that you will be rewarded...even if you don't at first recognize the reward. Take faith in your own skills and trust in your sigils. They may be small now but in time you will unlock their powers and hopefully unlock something about yourself. Work together, fight the enemy, and never let doubt win."

Hellboy fell silent as the voice spoke, a little surprised that one of these people actually could talk on their own and not have to use the Priest as a microphone. Shrugging again he looks to the group, relighting his cigar again.

((Goddamnit why didn't I post until now))

Fizz hadn't really said anything. He was used to seeing all kinds of unusual creatures from his time in the league, yet all of the people around him seemed very alien. Despite this he wasn't actually frightened by them, with the exception of the pale and white-haired man who had this menacing air to him. Otherwise, he was more curious than anything.
He slipped between the lines, carefully inspecting the others who were there while simultaneously listening to the man who had introduced himself as Peter. Most of the others were human, though they still had some qualities that made them distinctively different from the humans in Runeterra. There were a few others too, like the small furry creature and the large red man. Fizz himself was a tiny little creature in comparison to most of them, not even reaching the waist of the average human.

He hadn't even realized he had the sigil on him when Peter informed him. It hung around his neck with a piece of string, shaped like a creature he didn't recognize. For some reason, it reminded him of Ahri, the girl with the big ears and many tails back in Runeterra.

With a small hop, Fizz jumped away from the central crowd, balancing on his trident for a second before landing on the ground. "Right, let's go!" he said in his high-pitched, ever-so-slightly raspy voice. He turned towards the rest of the group, and exclaimed "By the way, I'm Fizz." with his trademark smile that reached both sides of his face.

Dr. Horrible examined each of the figures. He was most interested in The Watcher. Being a scientist, technology was his biggest forte.

"Any more information on The Watcher?" he asked.

Dooku just gave a look to the Wombat but ignored her and looked forward, the most interesting was the machine, "Wonder if I can use the scraps to improve my droids?" he said to himself quitely

Leela just stared at the Sigil in her hand. The power it emanated made her feel powerful. She could just think of what she would do with power like that...

Don't be stupid! She scolded herself. I know damn well that I wouldn't do something like that! Besides, this Sigil only protects me from mental attacks, and I don't think this would be activated unless I call on it somehow.

After telling herself off, her expression became a sorrowful one. Then back to anger. Who were they to take her from her home of New New York? Her life was gone. Her friends, her parents, and Nibbler, all gone!

This must have been how Fry must have felt when he first came to the year 3000. He had no control over coming to the year 3000, and I had no control over coming here.

She became shocked and worried as she realized the most important thing. Fry! Oh, she could only imagine what the big lug could be thinking when he realizes she's not there! He must be worried sick!

Leela, wiping the soft tears from her eyes, thought about the situation some more. There was one thing that confused her...

Walking up to Peter, she asked, "Wait a minute... You said that we were all taken from our worlds because we were important. But isn't Fry more important than me? I mean, Fry has been the important guy in most events. So why was I brought here, but he wasn't?"

Cloud watched the images in the fog, and as each was shown, he realized how similar this fog was to the visions of... Cloud shook the thought away, focusing on now. He wasn't here, he was gone. Cloud didn't have to worry about him. At this point, the group here knew the enemies they were facing, and he wasn't about to back out, they said he, and the rest of the group, were important.

He then looked at the boy in the odd hat, and internally, he was halfway between worry and something close to hope. This one had met one of their enemies before, he might have more information, maybe a way to combat this "Undead", as it seemed that was the one the boy recognized. First came first, though, and the Judge wasn't going to wait before doing horrible things.

He looked at the sigil one last time, pondering how he would use this power, and if it wouldn't be more harm. It was something necessary for the fights ahead, but it worried him deep down. He then pulled out a string, tied it around the sigil, then tied the other end of the string around the ring on his Fenrir emblem. He nodded with a "Hm." and looked at the others, leaning onto his sword-hilt again.

All of these Generals, Ghirahim thought, sound very much like creatures that my Master would relish in being able to reign over... though that little thing called common sense makes it oh so very clear that trying to sway the Generals over to His side. And it's certainly not as if I could actually sneak the Generals back into my world... my exquisite body wouldn't be able to conceal even one of them.

Then the Hellboy turned around, a clear indication that he wanted to get a move on with this journey. Ghirahim, silently agreeing that they should being today, turned to follow him with a sweep of his red cape. That was when another of their group spoke up, wondering why they had been chosen when another of her universe was in some way more important than she. Hoping to spare the group from more time-wasting words from Peter, Ghirahim turned around again.

"They did say earlier that one's own importance in their world was in no way an indication of how important they'd be in this world. Why, take me for instance: if they were selecting those from my world, my Master the Demon King would undoubtedly override me in terms of importance. The fact that I was chosen and He was not... well, connect those dots for yourself."

For the third time in several moments, he turned around again. "Now then, if there are no more interruptions, why don't we follow the lead of the big red fellow and find this Judge?" He paid no heed to the boy that had seized up when one of the Generals was described. After all, if someone didn't have the guts to set out on the quest in the first place, they'd be next to useless as even as test dummy for the General's powers.

Besides, that boy reminded him in at least one way of the sky child, and there was little doubt in Ghirahim's twisted head that he needed as few reminders of him as possible.

Back
Top Bottom