• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Contest Pokémafia Spectacular! - Game Thread

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
Day Zero of the Festival

Welcome, one and all, to this year's most spectacular solsticial event! The contestants are about to make their debut -- break out the glowsticks!

Entry #1! Furisode Girl @Wisper and Hope!
Entry #2! Bug Catcher @JackPK and Gwen!
Entry #3! Midnight @RedneckPhoenix and Robbin!
Entry #4! Lass @myuma and Bip!
Entry #5! Painter @Herbe and Paul Paul!
Entry #6! Suspicious Child @Stryke and Icex!
Entry #7! Aroma Lady @qenya and Cupressaceae!
Entry #8! Battle Girl @mewtini and Gallade!
Entry #9! Poké Kid @sanderidge and Imposteround!
Entry #10! Burglar @Zero Moment and Rose!

What an exciting Introduction Stage! But the most blood-pumping part of the event is up next -- the Appeal Stage! After all, not only will we be seeing the contestants put on their finest shows, but all those who manage to match the Popular Contest Type for the night will earn +2 Appeal points! Now, the ones who end up using a Move which is completely opposite to the Popular Contest Type at a given time will end up with -1 Appeal, but it is what it is sometimes -- we'll be sure to root for the underdog, too!

Of course, though, all eyes are going to be on the players who truly manage to impress the crowd. That's why the player(s) with the highest Appeal score at the end of the Night will have any vote they cast during the Day's Lynch poll counted as three votes! Even the player(s) with the second highest Appeal score are no slouches, as any vote they cast will be counted as two votes. As for the player(s) with the lowest Appeal score of all, though... their votes won't count at all! It's sad to see, but hopefully, it'll motivate them to make a true comeback, eh?

Hm? Hey, I'm in the middle of the opening show, don't just start whispering stuff in my ear--

Hm. Ooh. Yeah, that would definitely be a problem if we had some secret ring of players that are conspiring against everyone else. Why, if we ever found ourselves in a position where those contestants are only 1 dead player away from winning the game, we'd have to stop applying all these Contest effects immediately! But hey... we should keep things fair anyway, right? So I say, we should also shut it down if the conspirators are down to their very last member.

Anywaaaaay, you guys didn't hear any of that, right? Let's, uhhhh... let's let our contestants have the run of the stage for a little bit, before we dive right into the competition!

48 hours for discussion. The lynch poll is not currently active.
(realistically I will probably let it last a little extra long because lmfao I am not committing to nearly 2 AM as EoD)

d6xjvmu-56400a29-1f51-4d63-acc8-158d355eec6e.gif

waugh i should have thought of the ability to find good art before i made my pokemon choice... such a good togekiss

Hihihi everyone, let's have a good game~!

As we're just starting, I just thought of a procedural question, incidentally:

the ones who end up using a Move which is completely opposite to the Popular Contest Type at a given time will end up with -1 Appeal

@M&F, would you be able to clarify, does this just mean the least popular contest type(s) among moves chosen that night, or is it the two types that get a discontent reaction in the corresponding type of contests in the actual games?

god I almost just used reddit formatting to put in that link, it's been way too long since I've forum'd...

also is appeal public and does it reset at the end of the night?

oh yeah, i was also wondering about this - i was assuming that the popular type for the next day is whatever is the most-picked the previous night - so tonight we all pick moves and then the next day people's votes have weight according to the most picked type of moves from tonight? but that's definitely something i'd like clarification on

the ones who end up using a Move which is completely opposite to the Popular Contest Type at a given time will end up with -1 Appeal

@M&F, would you be able to clarify, does this just mean the least popular contest type(s) among moves chosen that night, or is it the two types that get a discontent reaction in the corresponding type of contests in the actual games?

god I almost just used reddit formatting to put in that link, it's been way too long since I've forum'd...
the latter! so, for the sake of the less intensely nerdy of us:
-Coolness is opposite to Cuteness and Cleverness
-Beauty is opposite to Cleverness and Toughness
-Cuteness is opposite to Coolness and Toughness
-Cleverness is opposite to Coolness and Beauty
-Toughness is opposite to Beauty and Cuteness

also is appeal public and does it reset at the end of the night?
yes and yes!

oh yeah, i was also wondering about this - i was assuming that the popular type for the next day is whatever is the most-picked the previous night - so tonight we all pick moves and then the next day people's votes have weight according to the most picked type of moves from tonight? but that's definitely something i'd like clarification on
nope, the Popular Type is picked at the same Night as it applies (and only publicized the Day after); players won't know which it is until after their moves are in!

U-um - Lass Myuma here! This is the very first contest me and Bip have entered! So... please go easy on me >_<

(Translator's note: hi, everyone)

i know d0 is for memes so i promise this will be my last game-relevant post for a while but. first thing that occurs to me based on the rules is that the mafia will presumably find it quite easy to manipulate the most popular contest type. (obligatory disclaimer: assuming there is a mafia and they have a mafia chat. not always a given with MF.) so I am in favour of trying to remove that advantage from them by agreeing a contest type between us before the end of each day.

just a thought, sing out if you disagree. and no particular preference what the type should be, at least for N1

$20 says someone has an ability like "kill anyone who chose Beauty this night" though

plus if there's, like, an investigator whose investigation ability is on one specific type they wouldn't be able to use it if everyone only picked a certain type

plus plus i'm like half sure the popular type is "picked" either by random or by whatever mf thinks would be funniest

Back
Top Bottom