• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

CRIMBO SURVEY: When did you stop believing in Santa?

When did you stop believing in Santa?

• Never did believe in him

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Age 3-6

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Age 7-10

Votes: 29 38.2%
  • Age 10+

• I still /do/ believe in him!

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I don't remember

• Total voters
I don't remember. It was very gradual. I remember setting Cookies out. And in the morning there was a bite out of the cookie and a note next to it. My mom did a good job with the tidy hand writing. Now I actually remember admiting to knowing Santa didn't exist when i was 15. I mean I knew a while before that, but that was when I acctually talked to my mom about it.

When I was littlish (five? six?), my mom denied that she put the presents there herself ("but mom Santa has your writing and I see a roll of the same wrapping paper over there") so I made a mental note to sneak downstairs and catch her the next year.

...and I did.

My parents said a bunch of things about Santa but I was a fairly logical kid so. :/ NEVER BELIEVED IN HIM

Never did believe.
Never had Christmas (in living memory) either so what do you expect?
Oh yeah and unless Santa is a time lord it's kind of impossible for him to do his job.

I kind of wanted to believe in them until I was around eight, and at that point I felt very betrayed that my parents had lied. I'm still of the opinion that there is no need to insist that things like Santa Claus are real, since kids have a very easy time appreciating make-believe and pretending it's real for the purposes of making things fun.
Yeah, this is probably spot on. I don't recall my parents ever making a big deal out of Father Christmas, nor do I remember actually believing in him. Nevertheless, it was a little tradition we had in the family that it was a beardy man in a red suit who got us presents. We didn't believe it any more than we believed that Harry Potter existed or whatever, but that didn't mean we couldn't have a bit of fun imagining Saint Nick oiling up his sleigh.

There was this wonderful book I had when I was about six, about Santa Claus's factory. It had aeroplanes and stuff, I think, instead of sleighs, and the elves all had computers. Might've even been in German, that was the age when I would still readily speak German. But then, I digress.

I started to not believe about 10, but I wasn't sure. It was only last year that I knew for sure. My parents woke me up as they got the presents.

Back
Top Bottom