• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cruel Mode Mafia [INDEPENDENT WIN]

Re: Cruel Mode Mafia [DAY 2]

Here's a new theory: the Mafia's hit got delayed, so no one died. Like I said, I targeted Flower Doll last night. If they're the don, then their hit did not go through, so no one died. (I thought the party was unimportant flavor.) The way to know for sure would be to wait and see if there are two deaths tomorrow, but hey, I'm impatient. I'm voting Flower Doll.

Or, you know, a lucky healer. Not that it really matters in my case, since, if you really are a delayer, it'll just delay my heal.

Though, of course, the party host explanation makes far more sense. Just because you delayed someone and no one died doesn't automatically make them Mafia.

Okay, my specific name is the Timewarper. You know, like the dance? Meaning if the Mafia was too busy dancing, they couldn't have killed anyone? Yes? No? Perhaps?

It makes sense to me. Two deaths tomorrow would confirm it. While I'm all for alternate theories, and Flower Doll might be what she says she is, I'm going to err on the side of simplicity. And lynching.

Mm, losing a doctor could be bad, but I suppose we have no better leads at the moment, unless somebody has more definitive information we could use.

*When I'm GMing and have a night action shuffle and have to send info back to people and don't want to indicate who it was shuffled to, I like to say something like, for example for an inspector, "Your target is not mafia" or something.
That is ridiculous. Info roles can't be blocked or redirected.

More that it's a very odd way to GM. Info roles don't directly impact anyone else.

Hm! Okay. I guess Tailsy GMs it so that inforoles aren't affected by shuffling/blocking, then. Any information we get from Wargle, then, if she's telling the truth, will be accurate, but she hasn't posted yet, has she?

I'm reluctant to lynch Flora; there are many other ways for a kill to be stopped and that doesn't necessarily make her the Mafia don. And losing a doctor would not be good, plus we've lynched an inspector (apparently) yesterday already. I guess we'll have to go for her, though, if we get no other leads. :/ (I thought blazhy was going to target Midnight last night, though, to confirm Flora's claim? Why did you target someone else instead? Also, I'm guessing this means you can't target dead people?)

Last edited:

I've actually never quite liked the idea of randomly preventing inforoles from being blocked, actually - I've tended to GM that way but only because I always accidentally start to send the inforoles their results immediately, before I know whether they're blocked or whatever. This depends on Tailsy's individual GMing - does she send inforole results immediately or only at dawn? If at dawn, there's no reason she mightn't be letting inforoles get blocked or redirected.

...erm, super. You couldn't have inspected anyone that's been suggested as suspicious? Or perhaps one of our more active players?

Wargle, do you get inspection results at dawn or just soon after you've sent in a target?

Yesterday we agreed that Flower Doll wasn't particularly suspicious, so I didn't see the need to target Midnight. It's only today that more suspicion is falling on her, after all. And no, I can't target dead people, apparently. I tried to target Superbird but Tailsy wouldn't cough up the info. ):

It's rude to break into dead people's houses.

Sorry, I can't find the 'this game is supposed to make sense' label anywhere...

Yesterday we agreed that Flower Doll wasn't particularly suspicious, so I didn't see the need to target Midnight. It's only today that more suspicion is falling on her, after all. And no, I can't target dead people, apparently. I tried to target Superbird but Tailsy wouldn't cough up the info. ):
Wait, do you get information on everybody who's ever targeted this person, as opposed to on just those who targeted that person on this particular night?

Time warpers have been used in #tcod. I see no particular reason to disbelieve the roleclaim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom