• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 3 ENDS AUGUST 20TH)

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 2 ENDS AUGUST 4TH)

Actually, I'm almost 100% sure recoil damage self-KO results in the user's favour unlike SD/DB/Perish Song clause. Still, I'm glad they tried to sort things out.

I don't know what the usual ruling on that is, no, but I know I wouldn't have called it like self-destruct clause (which wasn't stated to be on anyway, so that wouldn't apply even if they were treated the same way)--I probably would have ruled in the move-user's favor, though. Not that it matters at this point because the end result was the same, of course.

...god but I need to not be tired and harried when I come up with the rules for these things.

if zora's right and round 2 is over, it's perfect timing because i'll get normal wifi 2moro night when i return from vacation.

Aaand right on time for when I leave to a place with NO wi-fi and we're not even allowed to bring electronics anyways >.>

Aaand right on time for when I leave to a place with NO wi-fi and we're not even allowed to bring electronics anyways >.>

Looks like my kind of luck is starting to rub off on Mewtwo.

Uh, hey.
It's past the fourth and everything's done; are we movin' on?

Yes, we are. I've been busy followed by a nice heaping helping of more internetfail, which will continue until this Monday at the earliest (had to run to school on a day I don't even have class just to do this).

Finals pairings are up and are as follows:

Round 3A Pairings:

Full Metal Cookies vs Vixie

Round 3B Pairings:
SonicNintendo vs Arylett Dawnsborough

I've given you until the twentieth to finish up, though with the way things are going I doubt you'll need that much time. If there's a problem and I'm still not around to get to it, Espeon should be able to handle it. I'll distribute prizes and contact you all about where to go from here as soon as I can after the last two battles are finished.

Defeated FMC 4-0. Exceptionally enjoyable battle :D I felt kind of bad for having three fighting moves against a mono-Normal, though D:

Defeated FMC 4-0. Exceptionally enjoyable battle :D I felt kind of bad for having three fighting moves against a mono-Normal, though D:

Confirming~

I need more stuff that resists fighting x3; Oh well, I have lots of time this week to train up some more normals for the choosing.

Depending on how sonicnintendo and Arylett's battle goes, here's the current tier listing, as worked out by Espeon, Vixie and opaltiger. Apologies in advance if this renders some battles performed pointless...

Tier 3: Vixie and Full Metal Cookies
Tier 2: Zora of Termina, moon-panther and the winner of Arylett/SN's battle.
Tier 1: Mewtwo, Blackthorne Steele and the loser of Arylett/SN's battle.

If anyone has any disagreements with this tier listing, that means you, Kratos, then please post now or forever hold your peace.

That was what I meant. Stop picking on me, you already know I only do important things when I'm exhausted and overdrawn. :P

Anyway, yes, that's correct. Thank you for clearing that up.

I'M SORRY KRATOS I ONLY DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU. <3

...Arylett and sonicnintendo, have you arranged your battle yet?

Yeah. We're gonna have it today... I think.

EDIT: We just had it now. Defeated SonicNintendo, 3-0, I believe.

Last edited:
confirmed with the score being 0-3 in her favor. she had a communication disconnection 2 turns into the match that arguably gave her an upper hand (cuz she KNEW i had my electivire (GRR!) )

tier 1 is better than nothing. meh. i'll get the gym up when i'm home long enough to plan and set it up (because I can't do it on my ipod; i don't have that kind of patience).

tier 1 is better than nothing. meh. i'll get the gym up when i'm home long enough to plan and set it up (because I can't do it on my ipod; i don't have that kind of patience).

Please wait until I have a chance to get some things together and send it ot to all of the gym leaders; there's more to it than just what's in the rules thread (and I intend to do this when I actually have brainpower to speak of, incidentally!).

So, yes! Congrats to the winner and thanks to everyone who participated. Again, much love for actually keeping on top of things and not forcing me to kick anyone. Vixie, I believe you can contact Zora if you're interested in that shiny, because I still haven't had a chance to see what's up with my Pokémon games suddenly hating on Wi-Fi when nothing else in the house does. I'll also get you that ribbon Blastoise made as soon as I have a chance to dig out the PM.

Everyone, please hang tight for a few days. I'll send you information on how to set up the gym (a few things have changed since last time) as soon as I can, after which you can create your thread whenever you're ready.

Is it alright I created a badge? And maybe, if the rest of the Leaders make some too, I can make a badge case for players to pick up, and I could update them and stuff? (I know, the ideas I come up with when I'm asleep)

That's fine. You're more than welcome to have a badge, and I guess if anyone else is interested then the badge case wouldn't be a terrible idea (though not strictly necessary).

Back
Top Bottom