• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Yeep. Two-Eight-Two (and LL, I'm using Veekun for now.)

282.png

Oh, awesome! It's showing up for me now! :DD!

But, yeah, Gardevoir! I've never used one on a team, but I generally like its design. Kind of wish that it wasn't nearly as popular in the fanservice-y fanart department, though. It'd make life a lot better for me if I could just avoid such nonsense when I just want regular old pictures of it.

Beautiful psychic bodyguard lady who sounds French.

What's up with all the fanservice-y things? The line is in the Amorphous egg group. Ralts is a blob and though its evolution gain a more definite shape, they are still blob-based. And psychic. Gardevoir might have more weirdness potential than Tangela...

('Key.)
Never really used Gardevoir that much. I've always preferred Gallade. One-type Pokemon just seem pretty redundant to me.

('Key.)
Never really used Gardevoir that much. I've always preferred Gallade. One-type Pokemon just seem pretty redundant to me.
Gardevoir and Gallade function entirely differently. I.e. Gallade is never an alternative to Gardevoir, unless you're merely looking for something with a STAB Psychic-type attack. Gardevoir probably benefits more from being mono-type than dual-type (though Psychic/Steel is fairly good defensive typing, it makes no sense for Gardevoir).

Gardevoir probably benefits more from being mono-type than dual-type (though Psychic/Steel is fairly good defensive typing, it makes no sense for Gardevoir).
wait isn't Gallade psych/fight? and yeah Gardevoir is fine without a dual-type.
Next one: Frillish!

592.png

>is male, but whatever
Frillish is one of three Unovan pokemon with gender differences.

Wait, shouldn't it have higher Special Defense than Tentacool?

In the anime, even Tenta-liners can possess Meowth, and this is a ghost.

So we don't get any seagoat Pokémon, but we do get a sea ghost.

Also a tentacle monster that eats souls. Wow...

wait isn't Gallade psych/fight?

... yes? I never said it wasn't.

Wait, shouldn't it have higher Special Defense than Tentacool?

Not really. Jellicent has higher HP and Recover on Tentacruel (i.f. Frillish on Tentacool), which has always been a rather premiere specially-bulky Water-type. I think casual players tend to miss that Tentacruel is really good (and has a rather impressive 515 BST, compared to Jellicent's uninspiring-on-paper 480).

Last edited:
Not really. Jellicent has higher HP and Recover on Tentacruel (i.f. Frillish on Tentacool), which has always been a rather premiere specially-bulky Water-type. I think casual players tend to miss that Tentacruel is really good (and has a rather impressive 515 BST, compared to Jellicent's uninspiring-on-paper 480).

I don't mean these reasons. I mean Jellicent is more majestic, more translucent, and a ghost. That suggests higher resistance to both psychic and energy-based attacks.

... yes? I never said it wasn't.

tentacruel is really, really good and tentacool line is actually faster than zubat lines, eh, is one of those things that are just great.

tentacruel does have that nice poison typing for toxic spikes, though, and rapid spin -- really, is just that jellicent and tentacruel are not really comparable because fit rather different roles.

tentacruel is really, really good and tentacool line is actually faster than zubat lines, eh, is one of those things that are just great.

tentacruel does have that nice poison typing for toxic spikes, though, and rapid spin -- really, is just that jellicent and tentacruel are not really comparable because fit rather different roles.

They are comparable because they're both jellyfish. Think in-universe.

I do believe, generally, as long as the conversation is still relevant (which it is) that it does not count as a bump.

But, yeah, Dusknoir has one of the best English names. It's just fantastic! I always thought its hands were always oddly shaped and angular. I like the progression from adorable skull thing -> mummy -> Dusknoir. Although, I'm not quite sure what Dusknoir is based off of. And Dusknoir in PMD2 is a fantastic character and I love the additional backstory given in Sky. Pretty cool Pokémon overall, but a bit of a pain to get.

Back
Top Bottom