• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I really Do Not Like Dusknoir, probably mostly due to my rose-tinted Gen III glasses. Dusclops was pretty choice in ADV, and I much prefer it as a Pokémon (design-wise).

I tried to like Dusknoir it's just.

Dusclops is better :( And Banette really needed the evolution more than Dusclops did.

EDIT: Echoing Cirrus on the name, yeah. Dusknoir is awkward to say and doesn't really work with Duskull and Dusclops.

Last edited:
But, yeah, Dusknoir has one of the best English names. It's just fantastic!

Uh... really?? Why? It's just 'dusk' and 'noir' together for an awkward enunciation. English names are best when they're a more interesting smush, like Chandelure, surely?

I feel like I didn't even know what Dusknoir looked like until this thread. There are so many gen IV evolutions that I am so vague about... I don't hate it quite that much so I don't get it. Anyway the Pokemon's kind of boring.

Dusknoir... Slow... floaty... armored... ghost... servant of Giratina... Yes, I think the signals they receive are actually from Giratina. Reminds me of nightgaunts!

The name is part French, so it makes sense for Fantina to get one in Platinum.

Two... Six... Nine. Dustox, okay.

269.png

My first non-event shiny ever was a Wurmple, which is now a Dustox sitting in a PC box.

Dustox is quite okay! I'm basically terrible and can find any gen III endearing in some way or another, though. :C

Its wings are really, really cute! And just the fact that Confusion happens always seems to make it useful at the time. I pretty much always use a Wurmple early-game because Absorb and Beautifly's SpA are good, too!

Well... Dustox is sort of ugly. Real-life moths are prettier. And those aren't compound eyes, they just have three pupils.

I really Do Not Like Dusknoir, probably mostly due to my rose-tinted Gen III glasses. Dusclops was pretty choice in ADV, and I much prefer it as a Pokémon (design-wise).

I tried to like Dusknoir it's just.

Dusclops is better :( And Banette really needed the evolution more than Dusclops did.

EDIT: Echoing Cirrus on the name, yeah. Dusknoir is awkward to say and doesn't really work with Duskull and Dusclops.

dusknoir was just entirely needless, you ... tack on a bit of attack, bump the other stats negligibly much -- 25 to 45 speed is like, don't even care -- ending up with p much the same distribution, just actually capable of physical attacks ?? confer banette which suffers from being offensively inclined but with no speed ... if you applied the same +30/+20/+5/+5/+5/+5 to, I don't know, banette's speed, attack or spa, +5 everything else, that would be a viable, if still kind of too slow, thing.

banette needs more speed >|||

That face... The only difference from Ditto's face is that it has a nose.

So the Platinum sprite is dark blue, but the backsprite from the same game is bright cyan?

Gardevoir has a really pleasant-sounding name and their design is nice, I suppose. They're sort of boring after a while, though? Not the most interesting pokemon, but I've used them and they're good so.

Frillish... well, their name fits with all the frills? Feh.

Dusknoir, eh. I prefer dusclops in general, but dusknoir existing doesn't really bother me as much as some of the other weird gen IV evolutions. I don't really like the name, either!

Dustox! Dustox is great, like (echoing Cirrus) every gen III is great. The wings are awesome, as well as the rest of their design! They even get quiver dance now, so I'd like to use them again sometime.

Quagsire is kind of like gardevoir I guess??? In that the name is decent for the pokemon and it looks sort of nice, but not in a horribly exciting way. Have also used, is fine.

Eee, seviper <333 Look at them, they're adorable. They're smiling, they're scrunched up, they look like a caterpillar... and they've been talked about already. I think I've said how much I like seviper before.

I feel like I didn't even know what Dusknoir looked like until this thread. There are so many gen IV evolutions that I am so vague about... I don't hate it quite that much so I don't get it. Anyway the Pokemon's kind of boring.

I feel that way about alot of IV and V generation pokemon. They just seem very forgettable as of late. I don't really know why. I guess my interest just started to decline after Emerald?

I feel that way about alot of IV and V generation pokemon. They just seem very forgettable as of late. I don't really know why. I guess my interest just started to decline after Emerald?

Stuff like this is great proof that it's not that the newer Pokemon are much worse, just that everyone has different feelings about them! I legitimately have *no* idea why IV is just like this blip where everything seems crap and/or vague for me?? Because I really quite like V!

also Seviper is pretty cute. see if it were IV I'd probably just be like, oops forgot that existed. :C aww it has such a cute cry, too.

527 WOOBAT

527.svg

Cute little bitty Gen V bat available early in-game with an okay movepool and strangeish stat spread.

Back
Top Bottom