• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Not a fan of Ampharos. The first time I ever saw it I thought it was the pre-evo of this awesome electric scorpion. I was pretty disappointed with the truth.

I thought a list of previously done Pokemon would be helpful, seeing how many Pokemon have been done thus far. Listed in chronological order.

Salamance
Zoroark
Oshawott
Keldeo
Tyrogue
Zweilous
Escavalier
Raichu
Torterra
Huntail
Scyther
Croagunk
Buizel
Meloetta
Miltank
Mightyena
Qwilfish
Sceptile
Kyurem (all formes)
Houndoom
Girafarig
Rayquaza
Espeon
Durant
Linoone
Hitmonlee
Eevee
Tynamo
Ditto
Charizard
Spiritomb
Flygon
Joltik
Vanilluxe
Squirtle
Chandelure
Volcarona
Audino
Espeon
Meganium
Lapras
Mothim
Roselia
Wailord
Azurill
Bronzong
Luxray
Mewtwo
Blaziken
Alomomola
Purrloin
Cofagrigus
Banette
Houndoom
Marowak
Seadra
Snivy
Buneary
Ampharos

I am going to sig this useful little list.

Also, Amphrados! I love it's design, and the fact it can learn Signal Beam makes it all the more awesome!

I am going to sig this useful little list.

Also, Amphrados! I love it's design, and the fact it can learn Signal Beam makes it all the more awesome!

UR. You should spoiler it in your sig so it doesn't look big and in the way like...

Shoot, I'm thinking of a different board where spoilers are hidden inside an pressable button...

The transformation is complete. The sheep has completely turned into a reptile. at least it's not as creepy as Flaaffy. But wait, wasn't its old menu icon the cow?

High Special Attack, Special Defense higher than physical stats, and... That thing is slow!
Well, it doesn't look very speedy either.

I hadn't realized the meaning of the "pharos" in its name until my father noticed.

Nothing else to say. I'm not that interested in it.

Ugggh. I infinitely prefer Throh, but since Nintendo/Game Freak always has to make someone better, Sawk is awesome. The fact they were clothes makes them pretty awesome though.

Reason I posted these two is due to where the Anime is at (Japanese).

I like Sawk better, he has a very aggresive build, with good speed, powerful attack, powerful moves, and Sturdy as an ability.

Throh is cool, but his movepool seems a little more defensively oriented, as well as his stats.

But in the long run this image should illustrate my feeling towards these two.

Ampharos: So. Cuuutee! ^_^ How can you not love it?!
Sawk/Troh: I like 'em, they're quite cool as a duo, and alone, Sawk gets a good spot on my list of perfect pokemon.

Throh: Meh. With those stats, I would consider him to be the better one if he wasn't an ugly Fighting-type. But that robe reminds me of Yoda for some reason. Maybe if there was a green-skinned Aura user Fighting-type wearing it...
Sawk: Less meh. More on the speedy side. Not as different from Throh as Heracross is from Pinsir, but the kinds of differences are similar.

They are the new Hitmons. In Gen VI, they might get connected.

I'm not a big fan of most fighting-types as a lot of them are too humanoid for my tastes. And Sawk and Throh fall into that category, unfortunately. I've kind of warmed up to them, though. Partly due to the Bert and Ernie references and this really amusing fan art of Sawk watering flowers. I think how Throh travel in packs of five is a reference to judo (?) teams. Throh's probably my favorite of the two.

This place is feeling as inactive as the pallet tribune

Alrighty then, new Pokemon:

PKMNATHON_042___Golbat_by_mopinks.png

Derp-Bat. The original bat. And likely one of the least used RBY Pokemon EVAR!

Highly annoying in caves later in the games, but the one time I used it (when I was six) it helped in a few situations. Also, never use a grass-type against it.

Never used one before, although I don't find them all that annoying in cave. I bet it helps almost always having an Electric-type to fry them (and Zubat.) Also, along with Wigglytuff and Mew, Golbat will always have the best worst Old!Sprite. I do wonder how the heck they close their mouths. Crobat's pretty awesome in my book, though.

The ugliest one of its line. Crobat is great, but Golbat... Just no. It's ugly, annoying, and its enormous mouth slows it down a lot. A good reason for taking a Rapidash to the Victory Road, and the kind of fearsome that doesn't inspire admiration. Also where does it keep its brain?

And now I remembered The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. Because of the Pokédex number, you know. Argh.

I used to hate these things, but then I got one in my LG Nuzlocke, and I grew attached. Crobat is still infinitely cooler though.

Back
Top Bottom