• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [DEAD] An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

Re: An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

((Well maybe we need to take this to PM because we need something up there.))

((...What do you mean, "we need something up there"? All you have to do is post.))

We need something when we get thrown up into Lylat Cruise.

((Wah, sorry I was gone... my computer is acting up and I had a state-wide math competition today... I'm busy.... :( ))

((S'alright. Here, have a temporary plot detour.))

Meta Knight paused. This forest is enormous. Even if there is someone here, they might not be worth finding. It's possible they could have fled when they heard the Halberd... But either way, I don't like having the Halberd parked for this long. He turned to Kirby. "We're heading back. Try to keep up." he said as he flew off in the other direction.

"That's it! We've spotted their ship!"
"...Which ship?"
"...The one next to the desecrated forest."
"Oh. That one."

A loud chirping noise was heard as a strong gust of wind rattled some of the trees. A large, vibrantly colored bird came into view. It had rainbow wings with steel blades and a sapphire jewel on its chest.

"Why aren't we using mind control for this one?"
"You'll see."

Dyna Blade swooped low, circling around the Halberd. It made her remember the time she was shot down helping Kirby get on board. Before she had time to get upset, a familiar scent caught her attention. Racing into the forest, she spotted Meta Knight flying towards her. However, she could still smell Kirby (who, in fact, smelled strongly of tomato).

Meta Knight skidded to a halt. There was a familiar, giant peacock-thing staring him down. Dyna Blade let out a high-pitched screech. Either he smelled like the Halberd or the Halberd smelled like him, but she didn't like it. She made a few calculations in her mind.

Mean-looking headthing = Warship thingy = Cannon = PAIN & Endangering Kirby, thus Mean-looking headthing = PAIN & Endangering Kirby! She screeched at him again.

Maybe I should do something... thought Meta Knight as he backed away from Dyna Blade. She reared back in response and took off at him, scooping him up in her talons and flying off in search of Kirby.

Mecha Sonic stood on the deck of the ship.

An enormous engineering feat, I admit. I'd like to meet this warrior's building crew.

The robot wondered, briefly, if the winged being had run into any trouble, and how he would signal Mecha if something happened.

I doubt he will, though. He handled himself quite well in our battle. I imagine that there are few, if any, creatures out here that can defeat him.

Dyna Blade cooed sadly when she began to loose his scent. Maybe she passed him? Looking down at Meta Knight in her left talon, she decided to take it out on him. She flapped hard and carried him out of the forest before diving towards the ground outside the forest and smashing his face into the ground. As she picked him up, she did a bird-like giggle as she saw the dirt and mud all over his mask. Meta Knight just glared at her as she plucked a worm off.

((I think maybe now Mecha Sonic would notice.))

((First, a "be careful what you wish for" moment))

Mecha Sonic could not become bored.

It was quite literally impossible. The best he could feel was a stirring in his combat processors for activity.

That happened to be what he was going through right now.

Despite all the simulations he was running through, he couldn't replace the thrill of battle that he so desperately desired.

Something needs to happen soon, or I'm going to have to shoot foliage to vent.

Seconds afterward, he saw a large crimson bird dive-bomb to the nearby ground.

"That's as good of a cue as any!"

Kirby heard a screech. "That screech... is familiar... Dyna Blade!" Kirby puffed up and floated toward the direction he thought he heard the sound from. Then - he saw Dina Blade dive-bombing - and with Meta Knight in her talons, too. "DYNA BLAAAADE!" he shouted loude enough for her to hear, letting out his air in the process. He then puffed back up and floated even faster.

Dyna Blade let out a happy chirp when she saw Kirby. Before Meta Knight could do anything, she thrust him to the ground with her single talon, doing a faceplant once he hit. She flew over to where Kirby was floating and seemed to examine him, tilting her head. As if finally coming to a conclusion, she dove down and grabbed Meta Knight (who had, by then, decided to just watch the roots grow) by the cape with her beak and held him up to Kirby. He stared at him, exasperated.

"What you do to Meta Knight?" Kirby asked. "We formed a temporary frendship thingymajigger!" Kirby asked to Meta Knight "Are you all right? Or did Dyna Blade hurt you to bad?"

"I just had my face shoved into a mound and got dropped from twelve feet in the air. Yes, I'm fine." said Meta Knight, sounding almost annoyed. Where is that sentient machine when you actually need him... er, it...

Dyna Blade listened to what they had both said, but she couldn't understand a word of it. Maybe Kirby wanted to play? She made sad eyes at him and cooed softly with Meta Knight still in her beak, trying to tell him she didn't have the time. After all, if the Halberd was here, she had to do something about it, right?

Mecha Sonic finally found the creature that dive-bombed.

"A Giant Red bird? You've nearly beaten a merciless war machine down and it took a Giant Red Bird to subdue you?"

Loading combat algorithms. Activate on mental trigger.

Meta Knight had originally planned to glare at Mecha Sonic, like he usually did when he felt insulted and didn't need to comment, but considering the distance away Mecha Sonic was, and the angle he was facing, he might not see him do it, and that would be a tragedy. Instead, he said, "I'm waiting for it to drop me." Then he added, "And I don't see you doing anything. What is the point in having a machine when all it does is mock you? Inefficient. Giving machines emotions was a step backwards as I suspected."

Before he had time to say anything more, Dyna Blade turned around and faced the Halberd. What was that little blue robot doing? It doesn't look very friendly... She decided it couldn't stay. Crying loudly, she dove down and attempted to knock it off the deck. Meanwhile, Meta Knight went tumbling out of her beak and landed on the Halberd, a bit shaken.

Last edited:

Suddenly, the bird dropped the Warrior and dive-bombed Mecha Sonic.

Combat Algorithms uploaded- was all Mecha managed to get through before the bird struck.

Mecha Sonic was sent flying, he was barely able to extend his arms so as to not fall off the deck. As he wrenched himself up onto the deck, his arm flipped over for the missile launcher.

"I grow weary of fighting opponents as fast as these," Mecha Sonic yelled, opening fire on the creature.

Last edited:

"Caww!" she shrieked. Most of the missiles struck and detonated on the blades of her right wing, having no effect, but one collided with her forhead and knocked her backwards. Dyna Blade flapped quickly in order to stay airborne.

Meta Knight slowly got to his feet. He remembered Dyna Blade. Its wings and body were invulnerable to most force, but its head was unprotected. Most forces except... a cannon! Meta Knight called over to Mecha Sonic, "You distract Dyna Blade. I'll start up the Halberd." He slid off the side of the ship and got inside.

Mecha Sonic said nothing, but he activated his jetpack and flew at the creature.

Diversions were never my strong point, he thought, opening fire with his flamethrower, I hope that Warrior has a good strategy to take down this bird.

"Noooooo! Dun hurt Dyna Blade. She only wanna protect me! She dun understand we made a temporary alliance thingy!" Kirby yelled. "Dyna Blade, I know you're only trying to protect me, but it's good. We're in a temporary alliance."

((...Wow. Kirby sure says "dun" a lot.))

Dyna Blade took the flamethrower to the face, scorching some of her feathers. In response, she opened her beak and shot several small embers at Mecha Sonic.

Main Cannon #2, AKA Combo Cannon, online.

The claw arm on the double-barreled battery swatted Dyna Blade in the back of the head. As she turned around, it extended and wrapped itself around her.

That should immobilize it for now. I just hope the arm doesn't break.

As Dyna Blade squirmed, the upper cannon fired a single cannon ball at her. She cried out in surprise, causing it to get wedged in her open beak.

That's... different. I have an idea.

The Combo Cannon arched upwards as the bottom cannon opened fired. The beam caused the shell in Dyna Blade's beak to detonate as she stumbled backwards. Turning around, she made a reckless charge at Mecha Sonic.

What is it do-

The bird's attack knocked Mecha Sonic right out of the air. He fell, and hit the deck of the ship. Hard.

Current Power Core Level: 25%. Heavy power drain to prevent terminal damage to body.

No...

I will not be brought down by this!

Mecha's arms both flipped over. On one arm there was the missile launcher, on the other, the bomb launcher.

"I WON"T BE TERMINATED BY THIS VERMIN!"

He opened fire on the bird.

Back
Top Bottom