• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [DEAD] An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

Re: An Old Nemesis - The Smash Dojo Part 2

Dyna Blade was knocked to the ground by the overwhelming amount of firepower that came her way. Sprawled out on the deck of the ship, she began to flash white, looking as if she were going to revert to trophy form. She struggled to stay conscious. Meta Knight flew up on deck.

"What is it waiting for? Such a pathetic creature. It doesn't know when it can't fight." He stared at the limp bird. This is Kirby's fault. He couldn't stop that thing even when it didn't want to hurt him.

Mecha saw the bird fall to the ship's deck, and only then did his weapons retract.

Current Power Core Level: 15%

"That's what I suppose they call 'overkill,'" He said, "But at least that thing went down."

He chose to not move. He needed to sustain his power core as long as possible.

"Doubtless that this bird was used as a weapon by the leader of whatever force is out there, but why did it not attack that pink biological?"

"Kirby? He and Dyna Blade are friends. The last time I encountered it, it helped Kirby destroy the first Halberd. Which is why it attacked this time." Meta Knight paused for a moment, glancing over at Dyna Blade. "I'll get Kirby and bring him back here. We're abandoning our search."

((This is the last chance for Darksong or Cryptica to post. I'm sorry, but I did give you some extra time.))

He seems tense. Clearly, that attack has shaken him.

Still, I'm not arguing. Whatever's out there clearly has more up their sleeve than this. If they send something bigger against me, I may very well cease functioning.

"Good. That attack by the bird brought severe damage on my power core. Once we take off, I will be recharging in the cargo bay."

Meta Knight flew off the ship's deck to where Kirby was. "You were no help. We could have slain it quicker if you had done anything," he scowled. "But that's no longer relevant. Come." He grabbed Kirby by the flap-arm and towed him back to the Halberd. Dyna Blade's trophy lay in the middle of the deck on its side.

((Why is Meta Knight always dragging Kirby everywhere? I suppose I should know. Maybe because he's one of the few 'people' he can.))

Mecha Sonic followed the Warrior, who was dragging that pink biological.

One thing troubles me, however.

Even rammed like that and having fallen that far, and calculating the energy I expended with the jets, flamethrower, and missiles, I shouldn't have been at 25% energy. And I know I had been charging that night.

Could that battle with the black mass have actually happened?

He had decided earlier that the battle, while it had been intense, had not been real because it had occurred during Dormant Mode.

What exactly was that creature?

((Just establishing that while Mecha was affected by the nightmare, up until now he thought it was just a nightmare.))

((Alright, I know Skymin and Blastoise never replied to the VM, but Dragon did, and they were both online to see it, so I'm going with the 'popular' vote: throw a boss at 'em.))

It was evening, and the sun was beginning to set beneath the sea. A few miles away, a bipedal fox was in the bushes near a moss-covered cave. Moments after, a hooded Koopa was riding on a broomstick with a hooded Waddle Dee in the back, holding on tightly to the 'driver'.

"Sir, why did I have to come?!" it squeaked, still holding on. "I get kind of motion sick."
"Honestly, I don't know. But now that you're under me, I can't leave you behind."
The Waddle Dee simply pouted.
"This is why they should only appoint generals to do these things, not general-in-trainings..." he muttered.

"Oh, there you are." Kitsune looked up at Kamek and 'Hooded Dee'. "Do you have the Pokemon?"

"Yes. Well, only three." He reached into his hat and brought out three Pokeballs. "Raichu, Electrode, and a very rare Pokemon called Zapdos."

"Sir," Hooded Dee poked him in the back. "Those are three of our best electricity-producing Pokemon from the new bomb factory!"

"They've stopped providing us with electricity recently. They're expendable."

"...Oh. Aww, can't I keep one? I thought they looked cute..."

"No! We release them!" He tossed out the Pokeballs. The three creatures formed in their places.

"Time to get out of here!"

((I'm fine with this, FWI))

Luigi rolled over, not asleep, but not fully concious, either. As he rolled, he bumped his nose against a jagged rock.

With a yelp of pain, Luigi returned to the world of the living, but moaning like the dead. Clutching his burning and slightly bleeding nose, Luigi stood up carefully, wary of any rocks.

Luigi ran out of the cave and saw a small, babbling stream. Dancing towards the stream, Luigi kneeled down and scooped up some water, dipping his protuberant nose into the cool freshwater. Wincing at the sudden cold on his wound, Luigi dropped the water and looked around, wiping the crusty bits away from his eyes.

Was that lightning? Coming from the ground? When it was clear out?

Luigi dashed towards the cave and jostled Tails and Pit.

"Hey, you mighta wanna see this!" he squaked, pointing at the entrance.

((I'm assuming they fell asleep, but I think I left it ambigous enough if you guys wanted otherwise.))

((So we fight a Raichu, Electrode and Zapdos? But Tails and Pit are Flying type this isn't fair))
Pit was juuust about to fall asleep, but nooo, Luigi had to come along and.. something about the entrance, and- was that a flash of something? He shook his head, a bit more awake now.

"What's this?" Pit stood up and looked towards the entrance, seeing a lot of yellow there. He took a few uncertain steps toward the cave entrance.

((Sissies, Zapdos isn't even an Uber))

Hmm... they seem like they can handle it. I'll see if Raichu and Electrode can defeat them.

For some reason, Zapdos stayed back as Raichu made the first move. "Rai... CHUU!" It sent several jolts of electricity from the pouches on its cheeks towards the cave.

Pit squinted towards the entrance and heard something like 'shoe', and felt a twitch of static. A few sparks were running towards him, most running by him, a few just stopping short of him. Pit looked towards Luigi.

"Did you see those sparks, or was it just me..?"

"Umm, no, I saw dem too!" Luigi answered, jumping onto a small shelf of rock. Leaning out the entranceway, Luigi saw a orange-yellow giant rat with a lightning-bolt tail.

"Hey, I think that'sa the thing that made'a the sparks!" said Luigi, pointing with one hand and readying a fireball in the other.

Raichu reared up and sniffed Luigi on the nose, causing it to sneeze and loose a few small sparks. Agitated, it leaped back and summoned a devastating lightning bolt on the cave.

((Not much, eh? Sorry about the whole not posting thing. I've had a bout of writer's block.))

"Hey!" Pit yelled, and shot a few arrows at the mouse thing.. looking a bit like that other mouse.. Pikachu. What had happened to him? He shook his head. Why was he thinking about that when some mouse was attacking them.. Pit dashed towards it and spun his swords in a circle, keeping an eye on the biiiig bird.

((Sorry I haven't posted in about 2 weeks, does this mean I taken off the list? I am still waiting for a response...))

((^No, but only because I'm forgetful and I meant to warn you about that the other day. But you just posted, so. You should probably get on with your little saga soon, though, because Mewtwo has nothing to post with Moonshine even though I'm waiting for her because I don't like unwarranted character-dragging.))

Raichu was buffeted by the arrows, and before it could react, it got caught in the spinning blades.

((Yeah, I'm not making it attack this time because you're still forgetting the "devastating lightning bolt" that's electrified the cave.
Oh, and you drive me nuts everytime you refer to Pit's twin blades as swords. Just sayin'. Kinda funny considering how you bite peoples' heads off in RitD for calling Vai's daggers swords. XP))

Last edited:

((I.. did? DDD: And Dragon LIKES conveniently not noticing things~ I promise you I'll pay less more attention, don't press the red button- *crackling noise*

I'm not completely insane, I promise :DDD))

((Well, I'll assume Raichu didn't attack. I fail at this, don't I?))

"Ch-CHU!" it scampered away, frightened by Pit's onslaught. The Raichu wasn't sure where it was going, but now that it was free, it was going to stay out of trouble.

I hope Electrode can do better.

Watching intently as Raichu darted past, Electrode spun wildly before sending shock waves in all directions.

Back
Top Bottom