• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: Illusions of the Past

"I accept your alliance. You are correct in thinking that we'd be an unstoppable force united. However..." Mecha Sonic glanced back long enough to see that Bonecrusher was there in his vehicle mode, then added: "My other ally also wishes to take part in our alliance. He has a lethal combination of brute strength and trickery, and a third being in our alliance would strengthen it. Such strength would allow us to annihilate anything from the other side that crosses us."

Mecha readied himself for whatever Pride would send his way. "Do you agree to this?"

((Sorry about not posting earlier, Bakun.))

Meta Knight watched as Galacta Knight walked off before noticing that someone else had approached, or more, almost stepped on, him. Quickly, he stepped back and flew up to eye level.

"I haven't seen your face around here. This city is divided by the line you're standing on. What are your intentions?" he said quickly, not wanting to waste time.

If he had a mouth, Sage would have grinned evilly. So this human wanted to play this game. This was going to be quite fun.
The problem is here, human, that I don't care how physically small or big I am. I'm feeling nice at the moment as well, so I do not think I will do anything to you for now. In the meantime..
He focused on an abandoned car. With a loud series of crunches, he psychically crushed it into the shape of a giant sofa, dropping it near the human with a loud bang. He sat down.
Why don't you sit down and we can continue our conversation about how important physical size is?

Karou poked his eyes over the edge of a rooftop. The boy turned off the street and into an alleway. Before flying across the street, though, he couldn't help but notice someone else coming. He didn't look familiar at all to Karou, but he decided not to pursue that issue. A large gaping maw poked out of the alleyway, before snapping shut and retracting as the smaller blue robot from earlier appeared.

Karou flew, as quickly as he could, across the street to the building on the left side of the alleyway. Peeking over a ledge at the beings down there, Karou then noticed a large car rolled in. He recognized it as the mobile form of the very large robot. The smaller one went on about an alliance.

"Alliance?", he said, "Hehe, smart. If one makes a betrayal, it's easy for the other two to kill him."

He gently floated downward.

"Am I allowed to take part in this?", he asked, finally getting a chance to do something other than loaf around all day.

"I agree." Pride said to Mecha Sonic, smiling calmly.

The jaws behind him, however, snapped at the appearance of another, biting closed milimetres from Karou, and a few eyes popping into existance as well.

As Galacta Knight passed the alleyway, he kept hearing someone, or multiple someones, talking about forming an alliance. He nearly tripped over Karou. Backing off of him, he saw something peculiar. Eyes, staring out of the darkness.

"I am interested by your talk of an alliance," he said, not sure exactly what he was talking to. "I could be a valuable member..."

Bonecrusher shifted form after Pride agreed to the alliance. It was then that he saw the beings who had interrupted his bout with Mecha Sonic earlier.

"It's just like getting a symbiont from the Constructicons," he muttered, "When one does it, more and more want to try it for themselves."

One of Karou's wing-ears flinched back at the jaw. He wiped with one of his paws.

"Not the wings, if you will," he said to Pride, "they're ears too, and I like be able to hear."

He then jumped back as a metal-clad foot was about to catch him in the side.

"Watch it, some of us are actually, you know, small.", he said to whomever it was, "It's a problem, so I'd appreciate it if you acted a bit mroe considerately."

Karou turned to see someone looking a lot like the short, stout guy from across town.

"Don't tell me you're here to join us?", he said, "And was that a yes or no?", Karou then asked Pride.

Light had walked for some minutes when... something appeared right in front of him. It was small blue, purple and was wearing a mask and holding a sword. If he was the Light 7 years ago, he would definitely have jumped back and screamed. But this Light had seen far worse things, and he simply stepped a step back. He almost made a grimace at the image of a cackling Ryuk in his mind. If he could get his hands on him...

"I haven't seen your face around here. This city is divided by the line you're standing on. What are your intentions?" The thing said. Maybe it was a Shinigami. Impossible, Light hadn't touched any Death Notes. But maybe he was in the Shinigami Realm...

"I'm sorry if I have crossed any borders. By all means, I didn't mean to." He apologized to it. "If I'm unwelcome here, I'll just return to wherever I came from." Light had no idea where he was, what border he had crossed, what that thing was.

Light put on his innocent face. No one would believe he was someone who had murdered many ten thousands of people when they saw that face. "But, would you mind telling me where I am and what border I have crossed, I am pretty clueless right now. Haha." He scratched the back of his head. Now that he actually had met someone, he couldn't waste the opportunity to ask.

Galacta Knight looked down at the thing he had almost stepped on when it spoke. "Indeed I am, little... blue... hamster... thing."

---

"This border," Meta Knight explained, "Is the division between those who are fit to live in society and those who would threaten it." Glancing over at the other side, he added, "You can tell because that side is the one with the wrecked buildings and street lamps."

((Going on Meta Knight's description, what the hell is Storm doing with the heroes))

Envy froze in place when his quarry stopped and started to talk to the small round creature. This could prove troublesome. He padded forward a little bit, carefully changing his shape to look more like a husky than a wolf, mouth open and looking as friendly as he could. He approached slowly, hearing something about a border, and crossing it? Well well well. He stopped when he was about a foot behind the brown-haired male human, and barked.

----

More allies? This could be useful. And could be food when they outlive their usefulness.

“I’d love to form an alliance with you all.” Pride cooed, his shadows withdrawing and carressing his legs again. “It’s so nice of all of you to join me.”

"I see." Light said. 'So this little thing thinks I'm a threat? Me? I'm GOD! I rid the world of 99% criminals before I died, I cannot possibly be considered bad.' "Then, you're implying that I look like someone who would threaten society?" He laughed, it was hollow. "I'm sorry, but I really can't imagine myself as a threat. Look I'm a normal human!"

Light was, like at the time of his death, dressed in a black suit and had a purple tie around his neck. He wore black shoes and certainly none of his clothes were ragged or dirty. He was a clean man, Light Yagami. And before he got corrupted by the Death Note, he had been an honest, working japanese student, certainly not a criminal. Of course, Light had never considered himself a criminal, rather a god. Yes, the god of the new world was who he was. Kira. He was Kira. At least in his own opinion.

Then something barked behind him. Light turned and saw a somewhat cute husky. "Hello there." He replied to, in a very friendly tone as well. "What do you want?"
---

L had filled his pocket with candy and sweet things, and now he was ready to move. In the kiosk, no candy was spared from L's sugar tooth.

And now L was wandering once again, not stressed anymore, his body relaxed. Well, as relaxed as it could be. L could simply not walk properly, he had to hunch. It was all because of something that happened when he was an orphan at Wammy's. But he'd rather not talk about it, and tried to not spare it a thought either, because it was rather unpleasant.

The Imnosiac chewed on the sweet chewing gum as he walked.

((Damn it! Post Ninja's at the second! Thanks so much, FMC, now I have to change my post. ALOT.

Not really.))

"I am a Tsukaimon.", Karou said to the round being matter-of-factly, "My name is Karou."

He turned to Pride, "Oh good.", he said, "Just like... what I did... before...?"

Karou took a moment to look over his memories. His 'memories'. They didn't feel real to him now. Sure, he remembered them, the events from the past, but he didn't remember living them.

Karou shook his head, as there were more important things to think about, "What do we do now that we have all of us here, anyway?", he asked nobody in particular.

"That was not what I was implying." said Meta Knight, growing tired of this human. "But I have learned not to judge based on looks, which makes your argument irrelevant." He then heard a bark from behind Light. "What is that thing doing here? Does it belong to you?"

---

To his surprise, the one who had spoke was nothing more than, or so it appeared, a small, human child. Galacta Knight stared, unsure of what to say, not bothering to reply to the Tsukaimon either.

Envy made a cute dog face and nuzzled at Light's leg, just waiting for the other thing to go away. It was annoying. He bared his fangs at 'the round thing' and growled softly, before looking back to see if Len was around.

---

Noticing Galacta Knight's staring, Pride turned to address him.

"Is something wrong?" He said, smiling innocently.

Bonecrusher said nothing as he watched the stare-down between the winged being and Pride.

Though he'd said nothing contradictory, he felt very unnerved by Pride. To think that a human- a human child, no less -would actually be something so powerful and disturbing... it brought the closest thing his species could feel to unease.

Come to think of it, he's not too different from my species, he realized, We are certainly more dangerous than we can appear to be. Even for ones like Starscream and Blackout and...

He shook his head restlessly. And... and...

who was the other? The one that became a tank?

Why can't I remember his name?

"Ah. But I did not say that either. It was more of a question than a statement." Light counterattacked. With words, of course, something told him this thing was strong, despite it's size. "And, no, the dog is not mine." 'It seems this place or... world has criminals as well.' Light thought, already beginning to think of a plan to get rid of the rulebreakers and have himself become Kira. Again.

Light then felt something rub against his leg. It was that husky. He'd almost forgotten it, in the depth of his own mind. 'How cute.' He thought and bent down to stroke it's head. Then it growled at the round thing. 'Doesn't seem to like it. However, it does seem to like me.' A question then appeared in Light's head, and he said it out loud.

"Do animals also have to abide to the rules?"
---

L was walking west. Far west, he knew by looking at the sun. Not directly of course, L was not stupid. His chewing gum had lost it's sweet flavour now, and L began searching for a trashcan. Because, well, littering was a crime as well as murder, and L was justice, and he couldn't go forth with a bad example. He found one, and spit the gum in it.

Then he heard a bark far away. Deciding to find the source, he began walking further west.

((My fault for spending 7 minutes at this post. I deserve to be Post Ninja'd.))

"...." Len said nothing, suddenly standing behind Len silently with her hands holding one another as her dress drifted slightly in a soft breeze that blew down the street. Her blue hair was the dress's partner in that waltz. The eyes though, they laid unblinking upon Light, the single red hue within them making them seem almost unreal.

Last edited:

"No... nothing." Galacta Knight recomposed himself, trying not to look shocked. "This alliance you speak of, how do you intend to use it?"

---

"Animals? I suppose not..." Meta Knight saw that it seemed uneasy around him. It liked the human, however. "But they should at least be restrained." After thinking for a moment, he said, "If it wouldn't be a burden, why don't you keep it until someone claims it?"

Back
Top Bottom