• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

Hehehe, rewatched A Good Man Goes to War and I'm still revelling in the brilliance.

That Sontaran is one of the funniest Who characters I've ever seen. He's just priceless XD

And I totally want Madame Vastra (played by Neve McIntosh, I love that she plays every female Silurian) and Jenny to have their own spin-off show or something because they're awesome.

I just saw it via teh youtubes.

EPIC, and Dani is right, there needs to be more Madame Vastra and Jenny becausethey were soooo awesome. I soo knew the baby was only a Ganger. And the Sontaran/Rory thing "I'm a nurse..." Gotta wonder if he knew. :3 And River, "Can't you read???"

Also the River thing bothers me... Her and the Doctor... I mean now that we know for sure... The Doctor's like her... Uncle... Aunt... whatever. :3

I am still for Doctor/Sexy

Yeah, I can't ship 11/anyone seriously. He's too ace and childlike and uhg it's just disturbing. Doctor/Sexy works for me just fine.

Also, Madame Vastra/Jenny = ultimate who ship.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the inclusion of Vastra and Jenny are a sort of apology to all the fans who shipped Amy and River and now feel... a bit awkward. (I'm actually not one of these people!)

Ahahaha, and a tweet from Neil Gaiman to Steven Moffat: "I think Madam Vastra should act as well as solve crimes. Then she'd be a Victorian Silurian Lesbian Thespian."

Last edited:
I didn't know anyone shipped those two... (but of course they did haha). I think it's just because Moffat is obsessed with gay, honestly.

Ahahaha, and a tweet from Neil Gaiman to Steven Moffat: "I think Madam Vastra should act as well as solve crimes. Then she'd be a Victorian Silurian Lesbian Thespian."

...That is extortionately fabulous. :D

Last edited:
I didn't know anyone shipped those two... (but of course they did haha). I think it's just because Moffat is obsessed with gay, honestly.
It's canon. No need for anyone to ship it. Just because it's gay doesn't mean it's not canon.

Vastra: Mammals; they all look the same.
Jenny: Thank you.
Vastra: (comes closer to Jenny) Am I being insensitive again, dear?
(guard wakes up, Vastra slaps guard with her long, snakelike tongue)
Vastra: I don't know why you put up with me.

Also, He killed off the gay Anglican soldiers and Doriam who's inexplicably gay and introduced Madame Vastra and her butler-lover Jenny. It's not a gay obsession dear, he's just red-blooded.

It's canon. No need for anyone to ship it. Just because it's gay doesn't mean it's not canon.

... So? Ships don't have to be fanon.

2j4wx75.gif

And don't call me 'dear'. I am not your dear.

Uuuh, I think Pathos meant Amy/River. Which really, really isn't canon XD

As far as I can remember, Vastra and Jenny are the only lesbians from Moffat-era Who (and the only ones from RTD-era that come to mind were the elderly couple in Gridlock and Sky in Midnight), so it's not really being 'red-blooded'. There've been way more queer guys in NewWho, and most of them don't die (and one of them dies a lot, but keeps on coming back).

Moff did write the lesbian PI couple on Jekyll (oh my god, they were the absolute coolest), gave John a crapload of subtext with Sherlock/a gay sister in Sherlock and I think one of his characters in Coupling was bi, so he's definitely gay-friendly, but I still don't think it counts as 'obsessed'. More like 'an accurate representation of the number of gay people within the general population'.

Last edited:
Uuuh, I think Pathos meant Amy/River. Which really, really isn't canon XD

As far as I can remember, Vastra and Jenny are the only lesbians from Moffat-era Who (and the only ones from RTD-era that come to mind were the elderly couple in Gridlock and Sky in Midnight), so it's not really being 'red-blooded'. There've been way more queer guys in NewWho, and most of them don't die (and one of them dies a lot, but keeps on coming back).

Ah, right. But by red-blooded I mean "red-blooded male". As in he put in fanservice for the guys. Because let's face it, between all the Doctor/Master ships, the guys don't get anything apart from the odd sexy character of the day. The Moff has heard our calls.

Also, we should put Spoiler Alert on the thread name because every post has a spoiler now, much easier to just spoiler the thread instead.

Ah, right. But by red-blooded I mean "red-blooded male". As in he put in fanservice for the guys. Because let's face it, between all the Doctor/Master ships, the guys don't get anything apart from the odd sexy character of the day. The Moff has heard our calls.

...Erm? Besides the fact that not all men are particularly interested in lesbian couples, not all... people... are particularly, erm, aroused? By shippings? Or canon couples? I don't know? And something else too, but I forgot. When it comes back to me I'll say! Perhaps!

Also, we should put Spoiler Alert on the thread name because every post has a spoiler now, much easier to just spoiler the thread instead.

Well yeeaah... But there are some people, like Arylett for example, who aren't watching series 6 right now, who are behind by a number of series, and so who have to catch up... So seeing spoilers for series 6 would be a bit unfortunate for them.

>all men
There's your mistake. I wasn't talking about all men, I was talking about the fanboys who would like the same treatment as some of the fangirls do; get two of the sexiest characters who just also happen to be the same sex together.

The girls get Jack and Ianto? The guys get Vastra and Jenny. It's just a simple obervation.

>all men
There's your mistake. I wasn't talking about all men, I was talking about the fanboys who would like the same treatment as some of the fangirls do; get two of the sexiest characters who just also happen to be the same sex together.

The girls get Jack and Ianto? The guys get Vastra and Jenny. It's just a simple obervation.

Oh my god stop fetishizing people. Girls don't 'get' Jack and Ianto and guys don't 'get' Vastra and Jenny, no more than anyone gets straight couples. Jfc.

I might've said this before, but my Welsh housemate tells me that, if you go to the big statue-thing that Torchwood 3's meant to be under (obviously Torchwood isn't there, but the big statue-thing is), there are HUGE amounts of flowers, pictures, poems and all sorts in memory of Ianto all along that section of Cardiff Bay. Which is both sweet and creepy in equal measure.

I might've said this before, but my Welsh housemate tells me that, if you go to the big statue-thing that Torchwood 3's meant to be under (obviously Torchwood isn't there, but the big statue-thing is), there are HUGE amounts of flowers, pictures, poems and all sorts in memory of Ianto all along that section of Cardiff Bay. Which is both sweet and creepy in equal measure.
It's not in Torchwood Tower, it's in the boardwalk door that actually leads to nowhere. Tourists think someone actually died there. And the memorials come from EVERYWHERE; Germany, Canada, USA, there's even one from Taiwan.

Back
Top Bottom