• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

This is brilliant :)

Edit: This review is fantastic, too.

And next week's episode looks very creepy indeed, I hope they pull it off. I think I saw Chris Skelton there, too - it'll be hard to imagine him being anything other than dopily adorable (assuming his character is someone who isn't) - so much to look forward to! :D

Last edited:
... /sob I would really like to read all the reviews and join the jubilation but for once I've been trying to not get spoiled, so this is hard resisting all the spoilers. OTL

What other episodes had Gaiman worked on besides The Doctor's Wife? He seems to be in the hearts of all the fans.

Too. Many. Spoilers.
Must. Not. Read.

I really need to catch up on my who. Netflix one of these days your gonna get a work out.

Any way add me to the club if you would please. Never hurts to show one's Doctor Who fandom.

I for sure need to gather up all my friends and watch the new episodes. I only showed them the first of season six.... I think I am going to steal them and have a new series marathon....

Completely off-topic, but:

Thomas Sangster, 18, will take the lead role. He is known for playing Liam Neeson's son in British comedy Love Actually.

YES IT'S ADORABLE KID :DDDD I LOVE ADORABLE KID

I LOVE ADORABLE KID TOO <333 I rewatched the Family of Blood two-parter (Not completely off-topic! :D) the other day, and it amuses me how they can have the world's most adorable boy and the world's creepiest boy in the same episode.

Although his Wiki page brings sad news: "In March 2008 it was announced that Sangster will star in Steven Spielberg's CGI motion capture film Tintin as the title character of Hergé's comic books. Sangster left the project after scheduling difficulties when filming was delayed in October 2008 and the role was given to Jamie Bell" Aww ):

Oh god no, sorry, that would be terrible D:

Also, because I need to ramble, and here is probably the place to do it, I would just like to say how much I absolutely freaking LOVE The Sarah Jane Adventures. I've spent most of today watching it (hurr, I totally don't have an exam on Wednesday) and while it's a bit cheesy here and there, it's also so, so well-written and happy and funny I wonder why it doesn't get more love.

In an episode I watched today, where they end up going back in time, Sarah Jane introduces herself and Luke to her parents (who died when she was a child) as Victoria and David Beckham; SJ sees a police box, assumes it's the TARDIS and runs over, only to discover it's an *actual* police box (it being the 50's); and Rani steps through the time gap to look for SJ, and, realizing she's drawing stares from everyone around her, announces "Yes, hello, an ethnic person in the 50's!". It's a combination of both the writing and the acting, but all of these scenes are absolutely hilarious.

Although the funniest scene ever was in S1, when Maria gets kidnapped by a cult of evil nuns because it had the line "I’d shut up if I were you. Or the Abbess will show you her idea of solving a problem like Maria". I died laughing.

I'm also always impressed with how it deals with things like death, illness and family breakups in ways you very rarely see kid's shows do - things don't always turn out all right, and even in a world where kids save the world from alien invasions, there's no magical way to deal with the pain of your parents' divorce. It also shows non-traditional families as acceptable, normal and, in the case of SJ and Luke, pretty awesome.

It's also worth noting that, in the fourth series (after Luke goes off to uni), the main cast is a black kid, an Asian girl, and a woman in her 60's. Which is fairly brilliant.

Ramble over :)

Last edited:
Although the funniest scene ever was in S1, when Maria gets kidnapped by a cult of evil nuns because it had the line "I’d shut up if I were you. Or the Abbess will show you her idea of solving a problem like Maria". I died laughing.
... Oh my god fdjaskfjasjas that is brilliant.

Speaking of funny things, I discovered something awesome and hilarious. When Billie Piper acted as a high class prostitute in the Secret Diary of a Callgirl, one of her clients was acted by Matt Smith.

It must be seen to be believed.

And her interview about it is equally hilarious.

... eh, sorry if you guys know about this already, being a total noob in the fandom is pretty hard. OTL

Ahahaha, that is fantastic XD I keep meaning to watch SDoaCG - my housemate who I'm rewatching all of NuWho with at the moment has seen it, and keeps telling me how funny it is to see Billie Piper wearing chavvy clothes and things. I think she and Matt Smith are both in the BBC adaptations of Ruby in the Smoke and the other Phillip Pullman books.

I love the Doctor Who actors SO MUCH <3

So, tonight's episode! It was pretty good, I thought (MUSE AT THE BEGINNING :D), but I hope next week's builds on it, because the ending was a bit flat.

Haha I think they have the most insane cast ever.

And the Gangers, especially er that last one ( I have lack of spoiler covering abilities since I am using my cell phone at the moment) were very interesting. I found that if they freaking attack Rory one more time I will find Arthur and tie him to a chair so they stop trying to kill him. Seriously, leave the poor bloke alone! But I loved his line after Jennifer said Amy was a lucky girl just the pause and "yeah". Funny as hell. And when the Doctor (spoiler I guess) finds the TARDIS sinking his first response is, "what are you doing down there??" And his shoes lol. He talked to the TARDIS like it was still a person... well it is but it isnt ... eh it's a paradox but that's ok.

Hello! I'm extremely new to Doctor Who, and as such, cannot read any of your spoilers or have any idea what most of you are talking about. >: Started with the first revival series, had a once over with it, then sort of stopped watching afterwards because the Tenth Doctor alienated me because I preferred the Nineth. But I'm rewatching all the episodes I've seen again and then going to catch up. I hope.

What I'm trying to say is that it's pretty brilliant and I like it and yes, I want to join your club even though I know so little.

Yay! HI ARYLETT.

I think everyone has that thing when their first Doctor regenerates - I remember after the Ninth regenerated everyone was saying how they didn't even want to watch Doctor Who anymore, and then everyone fell IN LOVE with David Tennant. Keep going with it, the Tenth Doctor has some absolutely amazing episodes :D

My favourite post-most-recent-episode-Tweet: "IRONY: In tonight's episode of #DoctorWho Rory makes it thru whole episode w-out dying. However,we the audience are killed by the rapture."

I finally reached the last episode of season 4.

Dear lord someone hold me. ;_;

Ten, I will miss you so...

Back
Top Bottom