• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

^Huh

Of Torchwood three only Ianto, Gwen and Jack were alive...

EDIT: Also new epic Torchwood quote that made happy Ashley. They are talking about the massive birth rates since there are no more still borns and all pregnancies are working, some guy says that contraception is wrong, it's God's will. Response, “Yeah, I was a Catholic too once. I got better.”

Last edited:
Oh, cool. I was wondering last episode what would happen if one were to have an abortion post Miracle-Day and it's nice that they're addressing that.

And oh, you never stop being Catholic. It's like what Dara O Briain says; "I’m staunchly atheist, I simply don’t believe in God. But I’m still Catholic, of course. Catholicism has a much broader reach than just the religion. I’m technically Catholic, it’s the box you have to tick on the census form: ‘Don’t believe in God, but I do still hate Rangers.’"

True that. You can burn 5000 churches but still tick the Catholic box. You're born Catholic, literally, even if you dismiss every single thing in the bible.

ANYWAY. Torchwood started with a full crew: Tosh, Owen, Ianto, Gwen and Jack. Can't remember how Tosh died, Owen died then was revived and became what can be classed as a zombie before being molten down by nuclear radiation, Ianto suffered the same fate with the 456.

Oh, and the Welsh are VERY patriotic, especially against England, Danni.

Phantom: do you really think it's getting worse? o.o I thought the third episode was the best so far (not that that's saying terribly much). It's like, Jane Espenson writes an episode and suddenly everyone has a personality again. Also suddenly there is gay sex.

I'm not sure everyone's patriotic exactly but there's a definate air of 'I can poke fun at Wales, but if you're from the other side of that bridge you sure as hell can't.' :B

Hahaa, twisty-head woman used to be in Neighbours (yes, I know, shhh); she was quite annoying and Neighbours is too nice a show to give her a proper comeuppance, so Gwen punching her in the face was doubly satisfying. :D Thought it was an alright episode really - wasn't quite sure that whatever else was mixed in with plane cleaning fluid wouldn't have killed Jack, but it had a bit more TW humour! Also I cannot stop imagining a dinosaur sneaking up to dispose of corrupt-boss-man, darn it Jurassic Park.

Have you guys seen the Doctor Who trailer for the rest of the series? I think I saw Rory punching Hitler in the face. <3

Hee yes, we were making Jurassic Park jokes, as well. That's something that's nice, too; I'm used to recognising every other actor on Torchwood and Doctor Who, that I was a bit worried that this Americanised series of TW would have a bunch of people I'd never seen before in, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far :D

I've heard that people in North Wales are incredibly patriotic, but the Southerners less so? I've never met a Welsh person who wasn't lovely, though, and I've met a few Scots who've hated English people on sight, so they seem far less militant by comparison.

I recognise him more than 3rd Rock from the Sun, though that's probably because I haven't watched Jurassic Park at least all the way through for years.

I find Torchwood usually has fewer actors I recognise anyway in comparison to Doctor Who.

I've heard that people in North Wales are incredibly patriotic, but the Southerners less so?

Northerners don't like how the south gets so much attention, and quite a few think that the Southerners may as well be English.

The stereotype is that Northerners are dumb inbred hicks that shag sheep. According to Cardiff and the surrounding area.

HELLO ALL my friend Heather made me watch an episode with her, because I had been meaning to watch Doctor Who for ages, and I loved it and am now catching up on a somewhat shady-looking website I found on Google. I'm just finishing up with the 9th Doctor. Everyone says 10 is better than 9 xD But I love 9 so I don't know xD

ANYWAY now I can finally reblog all the stuff that crops up on my Tumblr, and also join this club! :D

I dunno whether or not 10 is better than 9. He's more conventionally attractive (ymmv), and while he gets the best episodes, he also gets some really poor ones, too. And he's around for longer, which helps the love, too.

But, regardless, you've got a lot to look forward to :D

Not everyone. >:( Nine is the best Doctor. And he gets the two best episodes, too.

I dunno if I'd count The Doctor Dances as the best (though that two-parter is definitely one of my faves), but aside from Boom Town, which isn't even all bad, there isn't a dull note in S1.

(My love of Harriet Jones supersedes my hatred of the Slitheen, so I still like Aliens of London)

Bad Wolf/Parting of the ways is my favourite season finale ftr.
I really don't think I can decide on a favourite Doctor though. They're all wonderful.
It's just a shame that we'll likely never get Eccleston back for a multi-Doctor episode. Hrrmmm :C

I have just watched a good amount of new-Doctor-Who in the last month or so! (Still have to see the last few episodes of S5, and I missed some of the first half of S6 when it was on TV... although I've been pretty well spoiled for it.) I have found it to be pretty excellent. Count it among the many wonderful things Dannichu has conned me into watching.

And honestly... I don't think I could pick a favorite Doctor either. They've all been really fantastic. Maybe, maybe I would pick Nine as my favorite (only by a little bit)... but a lot of my favorite episodes are ones with Ten, and I like Ten and Eleven's relationships with some of their companions better than I like Nine and Rose, even though they were perfectly lovely. It's really difficult for me to pick favorites of anything in this show, since in some ways things are so different, but similar at the same time, and most everything is good! I like everything. (I am infamous for even liking the terrible episodes. It could be that my taste levels are just questionable.) Is that ok?

I have just watched a good amount of new-Doctor-Who in the last month or so! I have found it to be pretty excellent. Count it among the many wonderful things Dannichu has conned me into watching.

:DDDD

Although, I have to say, I really loved Rose and Nine. More than Rose and Ten, I think. Ten and Donna are absolutely my favourite Tardis Team, though (except, of course, Sarah Jane and anyone/thing). And Eleven, Rory, River and Amy are fantastic; I'm reeeeeally looking forward to more of them! :D

I watched the third episode of MD today! It felt a bit more like a set-up episode for all the Physcom stuff later than an episode where *stuff* happened, but I enjoyed the American/English translatory bits, they were great. And my love for Esther grows. I want to ship her with Gwen, but I absolutely adore Gwen and Rhys, so I can't ):

Although Vera has gone from being one of my favourite characters to... less so in this episode. I dunno, there's something off about her... I hope she'll turn out to be evil or something. And I want Red Lady to get more personality, she could be cool.

And I really liked the Jack/Oswald parallell they're setting up, with Jack's killing of his grandson and Oswald killing that girl. Jack's charactersiation in this episode, though; perhaps the less said about it the better.

Oh! And a big cheer for "bigger on the inside" (I was beginning to wonder if they'd acknowledge that this was set in the Whoniverse at all), and a squee for the return of the super-cool contact lenses <2

Also, I found this - apparently, Jane Espenson, in all her brilliance, is doing a not-quite DVD commentary on Miracle Day and it's a really interesting read. AfterEllen is also doing a series of amusing recaps of the episodes - this is the most recent one and it's great.

Last edited:
Gotta love the little powerplay Jack and Rex have. Not to mention changing in the car.

And another thing I love about the show is that it doesn't focus on the fact that nobody can die and that's it, it explores the repercussions on society. The segregation, the cults, the corporates, it's a wonderful take on it.

And another thing I love about the show is that it doesn't focus on the fact that nobody can die and that's it, it explores the repercussions on society. The segregation, the cults, the corporates, it's a wonderful take on it.

YES, THIS. The next episode looks really interesting. And all the stuff with the hospitals and the discussion about the unviable foetuses not spontaneously aborting and the ethics of contraceptives in the water and ooohhh it's fantastic, I hope they continue with the issues because, even though I'm enjoying the characters and things, I like the societal implications they're talking about :D

Ok, I don't think it's getting worse.

It's staying the same.

I just can't see to get into it as I could with CoE or the regular show. Like you said the idea behind all these issues is amazing and quite something to think about. But I feel as though the Torchwood-y feel is gone. But I still love it. I mean I have a feeling it's going to be big.

I also am having character name issues. Seriously in my head I refer to them as "Black guy with hole in chest", "Tall skinny doctor lady", "Freaky rapist guy", "blond girl", "not-gay tie boy", and even "Neck lady". I am serious. I can never remember any of their names when I'm sure Freaky Rapist Guy's name has been said like fifty times an episode.

It was the pharmaceutical companies. They are trying to take over the world.

Waiting for tonights new episode.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom