• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

Um, I have read two things (not just random bloggers, herpderp) that claim it's real, one that says "ahaha this dude will direct it who is not currently associated with DW," and one that says "if a DW movie happened it would star the current Doctor and be directed by this person who is associated with DW at the moment." I don't know if either source is reliable, but that's what I've read about it.

OH NOES D:
I forgive you for leaving the show, RTD. You were my(and my mom's) favorite writer, I want you to know that. ;.;

Sooo, Christmas special, what you think of it?

Personally,
I thought it was rubbish; at least until the last five minutes. I mean it had its moments, but as far as Christmas specials go, I don't think it held up to major specials like "The End of Time" or "Voyage of the Damned". For some reason it felt... forced... I am at a loss for words on how to explain it... but the sheer ripped off-ness from The Chronicles of Narnia put me off a bit. I mean I get that it was in the name, but still, yeah I don't know.

The jokes about 'wood' were funny though. All this time people have been arguing about the sonic screwdriver and wood, and that pretty much settled it. I love how he was talking to the screwdriver.

I was happy to see Amy and Rory though. I missed having them, and I sort of wished that River was there for Christmas too, it would have been a nice surprise for the Doctor. :) But it was cute that they always left him a spot. And I thought Amy's reindeer sweater was adorable.

Otherwise I didn't really care for the story much. Just felt corny with a bit of really funny bits.

I was watching it, but then my brother was loud and I had to restart it. Then my computer broke. It's on my mom's account and not mine, so I can't access it right now. I have to wait for her to get home.

In other news, once my bass is fixed, I'm going to learn some DW stuff on it.

EDIT: Have now seen it. It was a wonderful episode. Also is the only thing with the honor of making me cry, except the ending of Explorers of Sky.

Steven Moffat sure does like writing WW2 episodes, doesn't he? (He wrote The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, I think. And then the Dalek episode. And now this one.)

Last edited:
All I'm saying is, Amy really rocks that sweater.

Also, Moffat, I appreciate you trying, but it's best if you don't have the equivalent of large neon signs pointing at your character going "this is me being feminist", especially when you totally weren't being feminist about five minutes ago.

All I'm saying is, Amy really rocks that sweater.

Also, Moffat, I appreciate you trying, but it's best if you don't have the equivalent of large neon signs pointing at your character going "this is me being feminist", especially when you totally weren't being feminist about five minutes ago.

Agreed on both points. That sweater now needs to be incorporated into her regular wardrobe... :P

The mother just felt so forced you know?

Ahaha, yes: "He followed me home every day and siad he'd refuse to stop until I married him!" lololol. That said, I loved the house, Matt Smith was excellent through that whole scene (lemonade tap! Hammocks! <3), and the scene with Bill Bailey and the other people was wonderful and I loved it. The story itself was a little eh, but I was pretty high on happiness from The Gruffalo's Child (which was on BBC One before Who) and sugar to really pay that much attention.

And oh - having Alexander Armstrong play a WWII pilot and not have him end any of his sentences with "...and shit" was a massive oppurtunity missed.

I am sad Karen is leaving, apparently it's official? But from what I've heard round the pond, get it, 'pond'?, is that we're going to see her a lot in series seven and according to Moffat, "The Ponds will be rejoining us next series. But the final days of the Ponds are coming. I am not telling you when and I won't say how. But that story is going to come to a heartbreaking end."

I hope they don't die. And I watched Matt Smith Graham Norton and he talked about Karen and said he was sad because he and Karen had become really good friends.

Also, I want a lemonade tap!

So I've now played all of the adventure games available so far, having just finished the Gunpowder Plot. The first four are okay, but the last one is pretty darn good for what it is!
Except for when the Doctor says that the event leads to "400 years" of bonfire nights. Because as we all know, present day to us is present day to the Doctor as well even though he's a time traveller, and all bonfire nights beyond the early 2000s haven't happened yet.

Oh and anyone have any thoughts on the trailer for the next series? The who/whatever it is with the eyepiece reminds me of something, but I can't think what.

So I've now played all of the adventure games available so far, having just finished the Gunpowder Plot. The first four are okay, but the last one is pretty darn good for what it is!
Except for when the Doctor says that the event leads to "400 years" of bonfire nights. Because as we all know, present day to us is present day to the Doctor as well even though he's a time traveller, and all bonfire nights beyond the early 2000s haven't happened yet.

Oh and anyone have any thoughts on the trailer for the next series? The who/whatever it is with the eyepiece reminds me of something, but I can't think what.

Davros maybe?

Dalek?

Also, what are people thinking of the new companion?

original.jpg

I don't know if we know anything about het except who's playing her, but I'm hoping she's not from Earth, or at the very least not from present day earth.

Yeah, I was pretty unsurprised by the revelation that she's played by a pretty, skinny, white young British woman. I hope she's from another time/place, and I'd quite like her to be unrelated to the Ponds.

Also, there's a rumour going round that Moffat's planning to cast a woman to play the twelfth Doctor, possibly Lara Pulver. I don't know how much I can see Pulver (Adler in Sherlock) being the Doctor - I'd much prefer an older woman - Emma Thompson would be my pick, although Joanna Lumley did a superb job in The Curse of Fatal Death - but the comments on the linked page are pretty horrifying.

Rumor is false, I heard. Just like I heard that Cumberbatch will not be playing The Master.
God I hope that's true. Otherwise we can never have Wholock!

On the subject of the new companion, she looks nice. Hope she doesn't turn out to be another Rose.

Guys guys it's all a lie I am the new companion!

:p But um geeking out about the convention aside whoo there are rumours all around. Tumblr is fast becoming something like my worst enemy not for procrastination but spoilery Doctor Who photos from filming which I SHALL NOT MENTION but eek.

@Danni Oh my goodness Emma Thomson that would be too perfect you can't just say things like that! D:/:D

Mostly with the rumours flying about I remain sceptical of both their content and Moffat's denial of them because I don't trust that man remotely. He is a fiend. (I really do want to like him because he does cool things like Blink and Sherlock and Jekyll but I dunno he does tend to go a bit nuts when he has mostly solo creative control.)

Oh my gosh, the Doctor Who Experience is the most fun, isn't it? I'm so pleased that when I went it wasn't a school holiday or anything so there weren't lots of kids, so I didn't have to give flying the TARDIS over to them or anything, because I probably would've fought them for it :p

Mostly with the rumours flying about I remain sceptical of both their content and Moffat's denial of them because I don't trust that man remotely. He is a fiend. (I really do want to like him because he does cool things like Blink and Sherlock and Jekyll but I dunno he does tend to go a bit nuts when he has mostly solo creative control.)

My goodness, this so much. I think my actual dream job would be some sort of advisor to Moffat, where he writes his really good stories, and I'm on hand to say "No, Steve, you definitely should say that" and "What you think is feminist, Steve, sometimes isn't actually feminist", etc, so it'd all be lovely.

And I don't think 11/River existing would mean that the Doctor couldn't be a woman. For starters, of all the fictional people in the world who'd object to their lover turning into a woman, I don't think River would top the list, and also the Doctor's also had the body of a 70-something man and it was fine and dandy that he got with 18-year-old Rose. Although not as creepy as his constant meeting little girls, going forward in time, and then making out with them (Moffat is especially bad for this - I would definitely sit Steve down and talk to him about it).

^ I agree.... but I would rather build on who.

I mean making all the cool stuff they use. SO MUCH FUN TIME.

I have three dreams involving Doctor Who...

1. Be an extra on Doctor Who
2. Be an alien (Like a sontaran... hell I'd BE AN OOD) on Doctor Who
3. Have a character I play die on Doctor Who... not even main character, I'm talking like Daleks come and blow up things and I don't know how to dodge.

Ahaha, me too. I have a friend who knows some people who were just chillin' in a cafe in Cardiff one afternoon a few years ago, when someone from the BBC came in and said "We're doing a scene for Torchwood just down the road; if you fancy it, you get to run around screaming for a bit" so they all did. I think it might've been for the S1 finale, with the giant shadow-kills-you monster? Anyway, I'm very jealous.

Back
Top Bottom