• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who: Series 4 discussion thread (remade)

NOOOO BBC YOU HEATHEN CHILDREN! >| I was all 'YES trailer is the Doctor going to be alright!' and then there was a TO BE CONTINUED

argh. Well, anyway! I really liked this episode, thought it was gonna be a whole lot worse. I liked how Torchwood/Sarah Jane etc. never actually meet, I thought it would be worse if they did. And lol John Barrowman acting. XD 'It's impossible! >o' Ah, I love that crazy guy.

There were loads of moments where I was in fits of giggles, but I can't remember which parts they were. xD Liked this better than last week's episode, but I like them together and probably next week's as a three-parter - it makes last week the calm before the storm we all knew it was going to be~ Which is awesome. Also when they all finally SHOWED us the sky I was gaping in awe at those beautiful planets... <3

And psssh the Doctor's going to stay as David Tennant. I bet he'll suddenly stop regenerating randomly and then they'll all stare at each other mid-screaming fit. Russell T Davies likes to do that. xD

"She didn't let me have a webcam; she thinks they're naughty."

:D

Was it just me that thought the special effects in the scene with the TARDIS flying down the 'tunnel' made by the signal or whatever looked like something from the eighties?

Was it just me that thought the special effects in the scene with the TARDIS flying down the 'tunnel' made by the signal or whatever looked like something from the eighties?

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Oh my god! EPIC! EPIC! All the different characters uniting under one cause. Harriet really went out with a bang...oh god, It's wonderful...

But now we have to wait until next week. Oh well. We all know that Ten will make it. PHotographs and such. Besides, it only nicked him. Also, love the references to past episodes, with Pyrovilla and Adipose 3, and Poosh. Alien bees. Gwen and Iantos hopefully not last stand. Mr. Smith.

But what I can't wait for is Martha and Rose to meet. I have my reasons for this.

I knew it was going to come anyway. Because I'm special.

Somebody else been reading the TV guide? x3

But wooooow. That was awesome. I can't wait until next week - and apparently, the final episode is going to be 65 minutes long, which is cool.

Concerning Dalek Caan's comment (oh man, I was cracking up at all of his sing-song giggly parts xD) that "There will be everlasting death for the most faithful companion" (or something close to that)... who d'you lot reckon that is? I mean, the obvious choice is Rose, but I'd say Sarah Jane and Jack are possible candidates too... they both spent ages finding/waiting for the Doctor, so... also, as Jack will continue to die forever (or a very long time, anyway), and survive, so maybe that could count as “everlasting death”? Though things aren’t looking too fantastic for Sarah Jane at the moment – I’m hoping she’ll ram the Daleks with her car or something, I dunno. Maybe her kid’ll save her. Or Jack…?

Also I love how a bunch of threads over the series’ have come together – the Medusa Cascade, the Shadow Proclamation, the vanishing planets… and Rose, I suppose.
Davros wasn’t the most evil looking guy at the beginning, but he got much more menacing when he showed his chest/skeleton thing. Was cool. x3

I bet Torchwood would’ve transmitted the signal a lot faster is Tosh had still been there. ;-; On the subject of Torchwood, I am slightly bemused about why Ianto and Gwen were preparing to face the Daleks out in the open with pretty much useless guns. If Jack didn’t have time to come up with better weapons, they could at least be shooting from behind something. D: I’m thinking maybe something will happen to stop all the Daleks in their tracks for a while, like how at the end of the first Slitheen episode way back in series one, everyone was under threat and the Doctor disabled the lot of them with the electrocute-y thing. Same with the end of the first Cybermen episode in series two. o.o … Long post is unexpectedly long.

"She didn't let me have a webcam; she thinks they're naughty."

:D

I agree.

That episode was made of so much win, it's untrue. I think that the Daleks were used very sparingly, which was good, and the Davros speech was awesome. I know that Tennant is still staying on, but last night, I was saying to my Mum 'If he regenerates into a new body, then this is the best kept secret ever'. Still time, I suppose... The Journey's End preview clip looks good, too. Dalek Caan ftw

"People, planets and stars will turn to dust. The dust will become atoms. And those atoms... will become nothing. We will achieve victory in destroying reality itself!" - Davros

Cirrus' post just reminded me of something: Why did Sarah Jane (I think it was her, anyway) suddenly stop her car behind the Daleks instead of ramming them? If she rammed them hard enough, wouldn't they just topple over and at least give her something vaguely resembling a chance to dodge extermination?

Cirrus' post just reminded me of something: Why did Sarah Jane (I think it was her, anyway) suddenly stop her car behind the Daleks instead of ramming them? If she rammed them hard enough, wouldn't they just topple over and at least give her something vaguely resembling a chance to dodge extermination?
If she attempts to, she may end up like the family that went inside the house.

Also, Davros may not be the scariest in the whole series (The Beast was), the fact that he looked the same as he did in the '70s gave me a chill.

All I'm going to say is this. BBC loves to torture us by giving us an exclusive clip that we've already seen!

...I think I'm going to go crazy.

One day *twitch*
Argh, I'm so torn up! I desperately want to see this, but I also don't want the series to end because there's going to be so little Doctor Who next year >_<

Concerning Dalek Caan's comment (oh man, I was cracking up at all of his sing-song giggly parts xD) that "There will be everlasting death for the most faithful companion" (or something close to that)... who d'you lot reckon that is? I mean, the obvious choice is Rose, but I'd say Sarah Jane and Jack are possible candidates too... they both spent ages finding/waiting for the Doctor, so... also, as Jack will continue to die forever (or a very long time, anyway), and survive, so maybe that could count as “everlasting death”?

Well, I have reason to belive that the everlasting death is for Donna. After all, she waited for a long time to meet the doctor again, AND, at the shadow proclomation, That woman apologised for "What is yet to come" for her."

Also, My friend belives that David Tennant will regenerate into himsef again. Chances are 1/1(Infinately stretching zero's), but he said that there's nobody new on the cast list, or something. Or did he mean the script reaing in confidentiall. Whatever it is, oonly one more day to go untill the final episode of the series. and then there will be nothing on the telley. NOOOOOO!

Something's up with Donna and water.

In 'turn left' "THIS is to tackle dehydration'
And in the latest episode that old woman offers her water.

In how many episodes does she say 'I'm a temp'?

Something's up with Donna and water.

In 'turn left' "THIS is to tackle dehydration'
And in the latest episode that old woman offers her water.

In how many episodes does she say 'I'm a temp'?
There's once with the Sontaran invasion, and apart from recently, that's it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK
FUCK YOU RUSSEL!
CAN WE NOT GO ONE FUCKING SEASON WITHOUT ANYONE LEAVING!?
WHAT THE FUCK? WHY IS ROSE GONE AGAIN? THAT WAS FUCKING POINTLESS! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!
Why. The. Fuck. Did. You. Do. That!?
The episode was fucking perfect until then.
All of it. It was fucking amazing. AND THEN YOU SCREWED IT UP BY MAKING EVERYONE LEAVE!
Sorry, I'm just really pissed off.

Wow.

Today's episode was... awesome to say the least.

So Caan wasn't as evil as we all thought...

Wow.

Did that still count as one of his regenerations?

In the last episode Dalek Caan (how do you spell it?) called the Doctor the 'threefold man' which I now understand to be The Doctor, other Doctor and Donna.

I think they need to keep a companion for more than one series, I know Rose lasted longer than that, but that doesn't count because she was with more than one of the Doctors.

Hahahaha German Daleks.

EDIT: I agree with Ice the Frosty Cat that Rose didn't have to go back. What was the point? Why couldn't she stay in her original universe?

Also the cybermen are back at Christmas, yay!

Oh. My. God.

Okay, I won't argue whether it was a *great* episode (though I think it was bloody awesome anyway), but you HAVE to concede that it was one of the BIGGEST ESPLODEY YAY EVER.

Words cannot describe the awesome.

i am so hyper now.

In other matters, when I saw the trailer for the Christmas episode with the metallic clunking and the Victorian people, part of me thought they were going to do a War of the Worlds/Doctor Who crossover (which is awesome and needs to be done anyway).

And finally, German Daleks. German. Feckin'. Daleks. EXTERMINIEREN.

I'm sorry to be dour but that finale was disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom