• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragons' Den Simulations

*sets up another RNG god shrine* Oh RNG gods! Forgive me for being so rash! *offers leftover Linoonian arena bits*

I think I figured out how to use this Conversion thing now. First, Conversion to Bug type via Signal Beam, then, spam Signal Beam. If the Darkrai uses any status-inflicting moves, Magic Coat, then scoot everything down an action. If it tries to Rockslide you after you've turned into a Bug type, use Agility to dodge it because it always worked in the anime when Ash tells Pikachu to use it, so it should work here, amirite?

Conversion (Bug)/Magic Coat ~ Conversion (Bug)/Signal Beam/Agility ~ Conversion (Bug)/Signal Beam/Agility

Nice plan. Shame to destroy it.
Start with Taunt to stop it using anything but Signal Beam. Then commence Rock Slides. B3

Taunt ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide

So.. it seems you're full up at the moment, unless Negrek's Zapdos battle fell through.. but, in either case, might I reserve a go at this the next time you've an open slot? ..Is that within the rules? ;w; Would quite like to give this a go.

Bah, totally didn't see this. Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me to search for a replacement ref. OTL;; Negrek's Zapdos battle isn't over, so yes, we're full. However, if I allowed reserving, we might end up having quite the backlog (not likely though :P), and then new ASBers would hardly have the chance to try. At any rate, I have to tweak some of the difficulty settings now that I've seen things in action.

tl;dr: Sorry, you can't reserve a spot. But try to be quick as you can after one of the battles finishes. :3

DQ Time: 5 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned moves: OHKOs, Chills 5/Pokemon, 1 direct healing/Pokemon, Perish Song
Arena: Basic Stage

The Basic Stage is simply that; a plain expanse of mottled white tiled floor. A large pond of water waits on the side, for Water types to use and stay in. Above is the sky, where for now, the sun hovers far above. There are no special effects, and the field is completely flat, the tiling reaching about a hundred feet square. The tiling isn’t very strong, and can easily be broken for access to dirt for moves such as Dig and Mud Slap.

Round Three

Crazy Linoone (OO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Death Canon (N/A) <Download>
Health: 47%
Energy: 64%
Status: Feeling horribly inadequate. Dragon-typed. Sp. Attack +1, Sp. Defense -1.
Commands: Conversion (Bug)/Magic Coat ~ Conversion (Bug)/Signal Beam/Agility ~ Conversion (Bug)/Signal Beam/Agility

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 164%
Energy: 168%
Commands: Taunt ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide

Death Canon scrambled to rearrange its coding once more, but long before it was done, it heard a deep, commanding voice echo through its head. Somehow, the Porygon knew without a doubt that this was Darkrai. The legendary’s voice had taken on a sneering tone. A glance at the oblivious trainers confirmed that Darkrai was communicating by telepathy.

Suddenly fearful, Death Canon did its best to block out Darkrai’s voice, but snippets of talk still seeped through: a disappointing opponent… no way the next Pokemon in line will be able to take me down… horrendously-coded creature… does Silph Co. really deserve its position…? Death Canon’s temper flared at the last two statements; it was coded perfectly well! It was the physical embodiment of intelligence! Darkrai probably didn’t even know the basics of programming! Death Canon stormed around angrily, longing to attack Darkrai but unable to think of anything due to its irrational state of mind – who bothered with attacks like Conversion and Magic Coat, anyway?

Darkrai chuckled quietly to itself – inferior Pokemon were so easy to delude! – before extending an arm, palm out, in front of it. There was a rumble, and then the earth between Darkrai and Death Canon seemed to explode. Boulders tore themselves free from the ground amidst a great cloud of dust, dirt, and debris. They hovered in the air, as if hesitating, then abruptly hurled towards Death Canon. The Porygon was quickly buried by the onslaught of rocks.

Thankfully, Darkrai’s accuracy was a bit off. That combined with Death Canon’s mounting rage meant that it was fairly easy for the furious creature to clamber out. Once free, Death Canon tilted its head back as the familiar red and blue orbs began to take form at its snout. For the umpteenth time a red and blue beam cut through the air to strike Darkrai, this time dangerously close to its head. The legendary Pokemon shook its head irritably, feeling slightly dizzy, but within moments its vision was back to normal.

Once again, Darkrai called up stones from the earth, ripping them out from the wall of the chasm it had created before, forming an ever-widening (though rather shallow) trench. This time, Darkrai’s aim was completely off, and the boulders crashed down about a meter away from Death Canon. The legendary cursed under its breath, unable to believe its pathetic miss. Death Canon snorted, then shot yet another Signal Beam – Darkrai was really sick of seeing the same red and blue lights – but it hit its target’s stomach, generating no chance of the confusion Crazy Linoone was so dearly hoping for.

Crazy Linoone (OO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Health: 40%
Energy: 52%
Status: Starting to feel its injuries now that it has calmed down. Dragon-typed. Sp. Attack +1, Sp. Defense -1.

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 146%
Energy: 152%

Terrain notes
There is a chasm between Darkrai and Death Canon. It measures roughly three meters in length, one in width, and half of one in depth.

Final notes
Mike attacks first next round.
Since Death Canon wasn’t given an offensive option on the first action, it did nothing.
Darkrai’s second Rock Slide missed.
Also: not proofread. Enjoy.

Derp

Carry on with the Rock Slides unless she Protects. In that case use Swords Dance.

Rock Slide/Swords Dance ~ Rock Slide/Swords Dance ~ Rock Slide/Swords Dance

CTRL + ALT + DEL --> God mode ON

FIRE UR LAZR -- I mean, spam Signal Beam. If the Darkrai gets confused and doesn't attack you, use that action to Chill.

*RNG God shrine*

Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam/Chill ~ Signal Beam/Chill

The Basic Stage is simply that; a plain expanse of mottled white tiled floor. A large pond of water waits on the side, for Water types to use and stay in. Above is the sky, where for now, the sun hovers far above. There are no special effects, and the field is completely flat, the tiling reaching about a hundred feet square. The tiling isn’t very strong, and can easily be broken for access to dirt for moves such as Dig and Mud Slap.

Round Four

Crazy Linoone (OO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Health: 40%
Energy: 52%
Status: Starting to feel its injuries now that it has calmed down. Dragon-typed. Sp. Attack +1, Sp. Defense -1.
Commands: Signal Beam ~ Signal Beam/Chill ~ Signal Beam/Chill

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 146%
Energy: 152%
Commands: Rock Slide/Swords Dance ~ Rock Slide/Swords Dance ~ Rock Slide/Swords Dance

Determined not to miss this time, Darkrai extended a hand and twitched its fingers. In response, several more rocks heaved upwards from the ground. With a wave of the legendary’s hand, the boulders were sent flying towards Death Canon. This time Darkrai hit its mark. It was several moments until Death Canon recovered enough to drag itself out of the pile of rubble; clearly, by the way it handled itself, the Porygon was flagging from its injuries.

Wearily, Death Canon tipped its head back and began to charge the red and blue orbs that Darkrai had grown to dread. When Death Canon released the Signal Beam, the target tried to dodge to the side, but the beam was almost instantly redirected. Darkrai cringed as the bug-type energy scalded its skin; this one, combined with the bajillion others it had received thus far, gave a toned-down sensation of being lit on fire.

Darkrai angrily extended its hand once more and beckoned at the ground, causing yet more boulders to rip themselves from the earth. Death Canon squeezed its eyes shut, despairing that there would be nothing left of its body after this battle but a pink and blue pancake. The crushing force that Death Canon had fast become familiar with came again. The Porygon took a deep breath and began to struggle, but this time it was far too tired to free its entire body. In the end, only its head poked from the mass of broken rock.

Thankfully, Death Canon’s next attack didn’t require anything more than its head to be free; unfortunately, it was the attack that it had been repeating for the vast majority of the battle. Another blue and red beam shot from Death Canon’s snout and hit Darkrai’s shoulder, who hissed in pain again.

In the control panel of Dragons’ Den Simulations, the operator yawned, looking extremely bored, and pounded half-heartedly at her keyboard.

For the third time this round, Darkrai called up several more boulders and telekinetically hurled them at Death Canon. Luckily for the digital duck, the previous Rock Slide acted as a shield, but this didn’t stop the new rocks from adding weight. The extra load pressed relentlessly on Death Canon’s back, causing all sorts of alerts to pop up in its vision as it was in danger of being painfully crushed.

Frantic now, Death Canon resorted to dirtier tactics: this time, as it shot the Signal Beam, it aimed for Darkrai’s head. The shaft of bug-typed energy burned at an eye, and Darkrai screeched in agony, rearing back and clutching at its face. Even when it had recovered enough to open its eye again, the legendary’s vision was blurred. Snarling, Darkrai swore vengeance on the Pokemon who would try such an underhanded trick.

Crazy Linoone (OO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Health: 21%
Energy: 31%
Status: Hysterical, exhausted, and badly wounded. Dragon-typed. +1 Sp. Attack, -1 Sp. Defense.

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 112%
Energy: 134%

Terrain notes
There is a chasm between Darkrai and Death Canon. It measures roughly five meters in length, two in width, and one in depth.

Final notes
Linoone attacks first next round.
Death Canon took a bit of energy to struggle out of the Rock Slides.
Death Canon took slightly less damage from the third Rock Slide because it wasn’t directly hit by the rocks.
Also, for its third Signal Beam, Death Canon rolled a 1 which is, by my scale, the best number you can get. Therefore, that Signal Beam was a critical hit and lowered Darkrai’s accuracy, since it hit its eye and all.

*RNG God shrine*

*RNG God shrine*

*RNG God shrine*

C'mon, Death! You can do this! We're still pretty much on even grounds with the Darkrai.

Since we can't move, stop struggling to get out of the rocks; you might as well as take advantage of the situation and use it as a shield of sorts. By my calculations, the Darkrai should die after two Signal Beams. So just spam Signal Beam until the Darkrai dies.

I know, it's boring, but strategy is strategy. Oh, and Chill if the Darkrai Protects/is unable to be hit due to any reason besides Substitute, and Magic Coat all status-inflicting moves.

Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat

...how have I not noticed Death Cannon has been Dragon-typed all this time ._.
I'm pretty sure I remember some event Darkrai or another coming with Roar of Time and Spacial Rend, so spam the latter. If I'm wrong though, use Ice Beam instead.

Spacial Rend/Ice Beam ~ Spacial Rend/Ice Beam ~ Spacial Rend/Ice Beam

Round Five

Crazy Linoone (OO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Health: 21%
Energy: 31%
Status: Hysterical, exhausted, and badly wounded. Dragon-typed. +1 Sp. Attack, -1 Sp. Defense.
Commands: Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Chill/Magic Coat

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 112%
Energy: 134%
Commands: Spacial Rend/Ice Beam ~ Spacial Rend/Ice Beam ~ Spacial Rend/Ice Beam

Furious that a mere computer program could harm it so, Darkrai unleashed the full extent of its power in the space around Death Canon, tearing a fissure in reality itself and unleashing pure chaos on the panic-stricken Porygon. It gave a garbled screech as potent draconic power ripped into its body, but even that sensation was almost overwhelmed by the sense of being in many places at once: immersed in lava, drowning in sand, shivering in near-absolute zero temperatures. The boulders Death Canon was trapped between were shattered and tossed around amidst the turmoil.

At last, Darkrai became too weary to keep the attack going. The gap in space healed over, leaving a great deal of rocky debris and a half-dead Porygon. Death Canon was barely conscious, but it managed to fire another Signal Beam nonetheless. In its distress, though, its aim was slightly off, and it hit Darkrai’s arm instead. The legendary growled in pain, though it was more bearable than the others it had endured before.

Sensing that this could certainly be the final blow, Darkrai concentrated its full wrath on the infernal duck-thing in front of it, slicing another rift in the dimensions. Even though its aim was slightly off – Darkrai could only see so well with an injured eye – the furious bursts of energy were enough to sap the rest of Death Canon’s consciousness away.

Crazy Linoone (xO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Health: 0%
Energy: 25%

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 105%
Energy: 115%

Terrain notes
There is a chasm between Darkrai and Death Canon. It measures roughly five meters in length, two in width, and one in depth.

Final notes
Linoone sends out.
Mike attacks.
Linoone attacks.
Death Canon rolled a 100, which is the worst number you can get by my scale, while firing the Signal Beam. Fortunately for it, it was during the critical hit check, so I docked a few points of damage instead of having it miss.
Two 100s in one reffing. :O The same happened to Darkrai’s second Spacial Rend.

Well, that was slightly unexpected... Good work though, Deathy. Your death will be avenged...

Just so I can be a total jerk, I send out Death Canyon the Porygon.

oh noes moar drinkybirds

Brick Break it to death. Use Swords Dance if it protects.

Brick Break/Swords Dance ~ Brick Break/Swords Dance ~ Brick Break/Swords Dance

OH HAI.

Death Canyon, let's kick some serious butt with Bide. You'll get hit with lots of Brick Breaks, but you'll be dealing some serious damage at the end. Bide has 1 priority, so the first Brick Break should add in to your epic release at the end. According to my calculations, if you get hit by all three Brick Breaks (which should happen unless Darkrai screws up horribly), you'll receive 30% damage, which turns into a 60% when multiplied by Bide. Then, add STAB, and that'll turn into a whooping 90% -- yeah, you get -1 from being the first form, but it's still pretty darn good. Also, there's no damage cap to screw you up....

This is going to be awesome.

Bide(wait) ~ Bide(wait) ~ Bide(wait for the third Brick Break, then release)

Hey I noticed on this Sim, Mikeh commands the legend, and for Negrek's, blazhy does.

I could help out here with Legendaries by like commanding them if you want.

You don't have to I thought I might help.

Hey I noticed on this Sim, Mikeh commands the legend, and for Negrek's, blazhy does.

I could help out here with Legendaries by like commanding them if you want.

You don't have to I thought I might help.

In the original plan, Dragon would command in the battle I'd ref, and vice versa. Dragon can't get on TCoD anymore for whatever reason, though. Anyway, Mike says that he doesn't mind commanding a legendary from now on, and since the DDSimulations only runs two battles at once, we don't need any help with commanding at the point. Thanks for offering, though.

Darkrai stood motionless as Crazy Linoone recalled her comatose Porygon. The Pokemon Pokemon trainer (does that even make sense?) giggled darkly before throwing another Pokeball. Darkrai twitched in surprise and irritation when the being inside the Pokemon took form: a Porygon who looked exactly the same as the one that preceded it, held the exact same item, had the exact same ability if its “equal defenses confirmed; now enhancing attack aptitude” was anything to go by, and apparently even had a nickname that was but one letter off. Even though this particular Darkrai was born from technology itself, it couldn’t help but curse the computer program that had spawned the digital duck species.

Round Six

Crazy Linoone (xO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Death Canyon (N/A) <Download>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Sensing hostility towards the Porygon line. +1 Attack.
Commands: Bide (wait) ~ Bide (wait) ~ Bide (wait for the third Brick Break, then release)

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 105%
Energy: 115%
Commands: Brick Break/Swords Dance ~ Brick Break/Swords Dance ~ Brick Break/Swords Dance

Darkrai snorted and clenched one fist, which was promptly surrounded by a faint fighting-type aura. Even though it was starting to feel a bit worn out, it was confident that it could dispose of this Porygon as easily as it did the first. Seeing its opponent adopt a fighting posture, Death Canyon quickly braced itself. When Darkrai dealt three vicious punches to Death Canyon, the duck-like program was pushed harshly back, but it didn’t retaliate. Instead, an angry red glow began to surround its body.

Death Canyon’s inaction, as well as the crimson aura, set off the alarm bells in Darkrai’s brain. Narrowing its eyes, the pitch-black legendary clenched its fist again, though this time it approached more warily. Another three-hit combo was executed, but this one was drastically more effective. Two of the three punches hit Death Canyon’s joints – places where the skin of coding was particularly weak – and the Porygon reared back in pain, beeping frantically. It quickly analyzed the damage, fearing hampered mobility, but thankfully its joints were not that badly damaged. Meanwhile, the scarlet glow fed off of Death Canyon’s agony, growing ever stronger. It was now writhing crossly, subtly reaching towards Darkrai with countless fiery tendrils.

Apparently Darkrai had decided that the quickest way to ensure that the scary aura did not harm it was to knock Death Canyon out as soon as possible. The Porygon was pummeled by yet another Brick Break, and it gave a weird squeal, obviously starting to flag from these repeated beatings. If Death Canyon was capable of portraying emotions, though, it would be smirking (albeit painfully); all of a sudden, the malicious red aura surrounding it doubled in size. Every single drop of energy had been absorbed from the Brick Breaks and multiplied twofold, and the aura was its physical manifestation. Darkrai barely had time to brace itself before the wave of energy slammed into it, causing excruciating pain. Its skin, so vulnerable to fighting-type energy, was seared with the ferocious power, until Darkrai felt that surely there would be none left. In reality, the Bide fizzled out in a matter of seconds, but to Darkrai it lasted much longer. When the attack finally dissipated, sheer agony radiated from every muscle.

Crazy Linoone (xO)

Porygon @Upgrade
Death Canyon (N/A) <Download>
Health: 63%
Energy: 63%

Simulator (O)

Darkrai
(N/A) <Bad Dreams>
Health: 31%
Energy: 100%
Status: All but adopting the fetal position. Absolutely livid that a mere Porygon could cause it such pain. -1 Accuracy.

Final notes
Linoone attacks first next round.
The second Brick Break was a critical hit.
Short reffing is short - but what can you do when there were, essentially, only four attacks executed? Anyway, I'm terribly sorry about the wait.

Oh fine, my calculations were a bit off. But still, 69%* damage! I think you might have set some records there, Deathy!

Now, commands. Spam Signal Beam! If the Darkrai uses Rest, Nightmare and continue down the que. If the Darkrai uses a status-inducing move on you, Magic Coat. You should have enough health to withstand whatever the Darkrai throws at you, and if the Darkrai attacks all three actions, you're going to Signal Beam it to death.

Signal Beam/Nightmare/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Nightmare/Magic Coat ~ Signal Beam/Nightmare/Magic Coat

*Blazhy you did this on purpose didn't you

Back
Top Bottom