• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

I love how you color things, it look almost like you're using marker, or something. The coloring on BlackGarurumon is especially lovely. Zangi is pretty cute, as well. :3

The unfinished Garurumon is pretty good, too, though I agree that the paws should maybe be more... as if you were seeing them from the side, or flatter against the ground. It also looks a tad.. short, maybe (in length, I mean, not height) and a bit... well, I guess just short. But you should make it a regular Garurumon~ :3

Front paws are always my issue! But ah, I will fix them. And I'll do it by looking at my dog's paws. ;;Grabs dog by the paw;; Hey, let me take your paws! ;;Is bitten;; Ouch. XD

Yes, I have decided that I'll make it into normal Garurumon then. And I'll make it longer too! (As long as I can without running out of room on the paper, that is.)

Thank you guys~

Last edited:
I haven't finished fixing Garurumon yet, but I did do something else! A mini-update. Remember those sketchy avatars I said I'd colour? Well, I didn't colour ALL of them, but I did colour one:
(Note: I coloured it digitally and not with pencils, yeah.)
dragonair1wq5.png

Now here it is resized for forum use and with a spiffy background added:
dragonair2du0.png
dragonair3jj8.png

Hmm, I probably won't use it, I'm too in love with Rinoa. :D But um, if anyone somehow wants to (I don't see why though, it isn't even that good.), just give credit. I'll be colouring more of these later on the road.

Oh and here's something else I found whilst digging through my old collection:

A Beautifly~

I'll probably colour it after I finish Garurumon.

Last edited:
Your digitally colored Dragonair is pretty, especially with the background~
One little problem I have with it, though, is that the lines are a bit messy. You probably saw, but it's especially noticable near the bottom of its neck and on its orb, the colors don't quite... mesh, there's a bit of white and it's kind of... I dunno, just messy-looking. Really it's not super noticable, but it throws me off a bit.

The Beautifly is also nice~
(although, maybe the windy bit behind it shouldn't follow the outline of it so much, like where it's curving around the wing? Bit awkward-looking. The windy part would look good colored though~)

I did indeed notice the outline problems, I got a little lazy. Eep. I'll remember that for the next one though, I'll try to make the outline better.

Hmm, I'll fix that windy bit around the wing as well. I drew it a while ago, so it needs a bit of fixing.

Thank you though, I'm glad you like the Dragonair and Beautifly~

Aaah, your Creation monsters are pretty cool. :] I like Shellpent and Drafle; Drafle reminds me of a Chocobo and that's cool.

I like your CG'ed Dragonair too; do you have a tablet or are you doing that with a mouse? I think the lines by themselves are steady enough, but you picked kind of a meshy color for the blue part (it shows mostly around the ball, like Mhals said) and there's some white residuey stuff, probably left over from when you made the picture transparent? Laziness gets the better of me sometimes, too, so I get it. :D; The eye is good.

Mouse. The white stuff is um, left overs from trying to erase the colour of the actual paper I scanned. If that makes sense. I was erasing around the outline and some stuff got left over, but it was so mininal and my hand was sort of hurting a bit, so I was like: "Oh, what the hell? It's not so noticable." And I got lazy and left it like that.

You know what's weird? I was thinking of a chocobo when I was drawing Drafle! I suppose it shows. Eee, thank you. :D

EDIT: Hey, I stopped being lazy and fixed Dragonair's outline! Look:
Dragonair1-1.png
Dragonair2.png
Dragonair3.png
Dragonair4.png
Dragonair5.png

It looks better now, don't you think? (I also made the first picture transparent this time.)

Last edited:
The newer Dragonair avvies looke much nicer; you're really good at digital colouring o.o
And the background is perfect; it kinda looks like a TCG illustration.

And I think the Beautifly is really pretty; it'lll look awesome when coloured because they're so bright and you always colour things all bright and prettily and it's all chubby and cute anyways X3

Wow! You really think it looks TCG-ish? And that I'm good at digital colouring? Thank you! :D I um, haven't had a scanner for that long, so I had to show off my art skills some other way. (As in, digitally. I have lots of digital experience. 6 years worth, yeah. It took a very long time for me to get a scanner. )

I colour things bright and prettily, you say? Beautifly's cute and chubby. XD Ahaha. Dannichu, you are awesome. Thank you again! ^^

Yeah, I've been laaazy~ Sorry guys. But good news, I finally got Garurumon finished! Look at all the fixes I gave this one! And to think, it used to be a failed attempt. I really think it's better than BlackGarurumon:

Garurumon.

Also, here's a random old piece of artwork I dug up. It's REALLY old, so excuse the terrible mistakes with the legs and whatnot. (I had it posted on the first page of my last art thread)

Atnurain Dragon.

Ah yes, I almost forgot. I'm going to visit my sister, so uh, I won't be here for a few days. But I'll be back soon, this Tuesday. I just wanted to post some new art before I left. So yeah. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! ^^

Last edited:
The coloring on Garurumon is lovely, as always, and it's generally really good. And, Dragonair looks much much better with the little outline fixes, and... that is all, I think. I'm failing at commenting, but you should draw more Digimon. :3

That I will, Mhals, that I will. Drawing Digimon is fun~ And I plan on doing ShadowWereGarurumon, that'll be a task. I'm not good with humanoids, so we'll see how that turns out.

But thank you, thank you~

I have a request.

Please draw a Sneasel with her left ear and tails purple. That's one of my pokesonas (I have a sona for all my usernames). Make her look cute.

Thanks.

And thanks for the Zangi, by the way ^^ But her left ear is green, not the right one... and she has a green mark on the M. But it's okay, since it's not nice to complain about finished pictures, and I like the picture. I'll just add a reference drawing the next time.

EDIT: Woo 1000 posts! YEAH!

Last edited:
Oh and another update! Humm, humm.

Here's WUE's request done, I hope you like it:

WUE's Pokesona~

And here's Atnura, a character I play in two RPs. (the RSP and Freedom Fighters) I've been sort of obsessed with RPs lately, yeah:

Atnura.

Last edited:
You're welcome. :D

So I've got some old, old, old stuff to post, since trying to make the deadline for my summer homework has been distracting me and I haven't had time. (But I made it! I made it~ I just finished most of the work.)

First up, here's some ugly Fakemon sketches. The starters for this region I'm working on. (Called Aour.)

Quasil. Grass type. Turns into a Grass/Flying type when it evolves.

Rokady. Fire/Ghost type.

Dripent. Water-type. Turns into a Water/Poison type when it evolves.

And finally, Dannichu, I'm reposting your birthday pic~ ;;Puts it up on first post;; I decided against remaking it, I think it's awesome the way it is. :D

Dannichu's Birthday present.

I promise I'll have some better quality, newer work next time around~

Last edited:
And Arylett kept to her promise...

Yes, finally, some new art!

First up, as you know from looking at my banner, one of the things in it's supposed to be a Flying-type Cubone. Unfortunately, it sucks. (I actually got the idea for it from my quiz results. I got Cubone for the What Pokemon Are You? quiz and Flying-type for the type quiz) However, I redrew Flying-type Cubone (One thing to note: It's holding the bone of a wing):

The Flying-Type Cubone.

Speaking of type changes, I decided that I needed to do more of those... Look, Fire-type Linoone:
Fire-Type Linoone.

Finally, I've been hanging around the Sprite and Pixel Art forums a lot lately and was suddenly inspired me to draw Arcanine's D/P sprite (Yes, I know, there are many things that aren't the same as the sprite. Mainly, the right leg.):

The Arcanine D/P sprite drawn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom