• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Educational Funding Disparity?

Uh, I was actually trying to point out that "horrible schools in gang zones" don't apply to Superbird, whose school district is the topic of the discussion right now. I'm not trying say that all schools in gang zones are good or there are no terrible schools.

Oh, sorry. I figured we were just talking about school districts in general... since a thread concerning one school district would be kind of silly? The thread just happened to start with Superbird's complaint about his school district because that's where the derailing from the Political Compass thread began. >; I think that's what most people have in mind too, I wasn't the only person who got the impression I got from that combination of quotes.

@ Superbird: Uh, I think you've lost me. Are you saying that even schools in gang zones are about as good as schools that aren't in gang zones... because even if the kids' grades suck horribly they're way better at sports or arts or something to make up for it?...
Because, uh, where I live we don't even have gang zones and there are still huge differences between the schools as far as quality and infrastructure and grades and stuff go, even accounting for... sports and arts... they're just kind of terrible in general compared to others.

@ Superbird: Uh, I think you've lost me. Are you saying that even schools in gang zones are about as good as schools that aren't in gang zones... because even if the kids' grades suck horribly they're way better at sports or arts or something to make up for it?...
Because, uh, where I live we don't even have gang zones and there are still huge differences between the schools as far as quality and infrastructure and grades and stuff go, even accounting for... sports and arts... they're just kind of terrible in general compared to others.

This.

This is why I never go to Serious business anymore.I suck at saying things.

Sorry for confusing you. What I sorta meant was that it's pretty much the same teaching quality everywhere, and where you go really depends on what extracurricular activities the school is good with.

Their argument is also "I don't want my kid riding the bus because it's unsafe". Most people I've talked to, and myself as well, don't even notice anything except it takes longer to get home.

Oh, sorry. I figured we were just talking about school districts in general... since a thread concerning one school district would be kind of silly? The thread just happened to start with Superbird's complaint about his school district because that's where the derailing from the Political Compass thread began. >; I think that's what most people have in mind too, I wasn't the only person who got the impression I got from that combination of quotes.

This is the reason I don't post at Serious Business anymore because I fail at making coherent statements :(

Back
Top Bottom