• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elements The Game

yiran

http://elementsthegame.com

Elements is a fantasy card game online. The player is an elemental, a spirit composed of an element; elements are the fundamental building blocks of nature. Each elemental has an arsenal of skills that can be used in a duel against another elemental; each skill corresponds to a card. The player can pick which and how many cards to use in the duel and collect them together in a card deck.

–*taken from website.

It's pretty fun and addicting, moreso than other online flash games because it has plenty of strategies and combinations of cards and stuff.

My current deck is a rainbow deck where I just stuff all my best cards in, like my Purple Nymph, Elite Anubis, Miracle, and Upgraded Arsenic. I also had a Entropy-Life deck using photons and mutating (or Butterfly Effect-ing) them and destroying the opponent.

Has anyone else played this? |||<

Oooh, I remember playing this a few years ago. Looking back at my deck, I don't think I had a strategy and just tried to play as many dragons as possible??? My deck was mostly a mix of Air and Time cards, and then a bunch of miscellaneous healing cards.

I've had like three accounts; most common strategy is Entropy/Fallen Elf and some life cards.

I really like mutations apparently.

Well, another reason to use Entropy-Life is that I got three Purple Nymphs from the oracle. Lucky me. :x

Rainbow decks are more reliable, though. Just be sure to have enough sundials and phase shields and they'll run out of permanent control and you can at least build up a firefly army or just spam low cost creatures with empathic bond and heal. Black Hole's really annoying so Sanctuary helps a lot.

The thing I hate most by far, though, is the Dune Scorpion. Neurotoxin can go eat my

Wow I haven't played it in forever but-

Yeah, rainbow's the most reliable so far. As much as I like my fallen druid mutation deck, it doesn't win as many battles as my rainbow.

I really want to make a giant dragon chimera deck, just for chimeralulz, but chimera is a terrible card and takes too much luck to use :/

...Dune Scoripion is the reason I keep a Purify in my rainbow deck.

OOh, I love this game~
Of course, I have a sucky rainbow dragon deck. I've been TRYING to build a deck around Schrodinger's Cat, but...

Try not to use dragons unless you're using Monodecks and want a large source of damage, or instosis, or sky blitz/shard of freedom decks. Rainbow decks generally use the useful creatures which have spread out quanta needs, like Lava Golem, Mind Flayer, Lycanthrope, Firefly Queen, Anubis (although that might be a bad idea because you use all your time quanta on golden hourglassing), as well as fitting in useful cards together like Steal, Miracle, and stuff. Sanctuary is quite good because it stops Black Hole from utterly screwing you up. Adding a few rare cards is probably good because they are generally good (Arctic Squid immortalised is the most trolololol thing ever)

Schrodinger's cat deck needs death. Vultures is the mainstream idea, along with soul catcher and bone walls. Boneyard isn't used as much as shield stops you too easily but you could combine with darkness to get nightfall and steal which is very helpful but then it requires 3 elements, which is doable but meh.

Mindgate is surprisingly underused. There's this person I met on PVP and he used mindgates to copy the opponent's deck and just abuse the ones who use rare cards like shards of sacrifice and stuff.

Damn, this game is addicting. And hard.
I go with an Aether/Entropy deck. I Mutate my Schrodinger's cat into Abominations (or sometimes mutants) and Parallel Universe the opponents' Dragons and good cards.

Yay, not dead thread.

Damn, this game is addicting. And hard.
I go with an Aether/Entropy deck. I Mutate my Schrodinger's cat into Abominations (or sometimes mutants) and Parallel Universe the opponents' Dragons and good cards.

Unless you benefit from Schrodinger cat's abilities, just use Photon as mutate fodder material.

Aether/Entropy doesn't have much synergy (...unless you Antimatter and Quint the opponent?) so I'd suggest not to use it. Also mutate is pretty bad unless you use Fallen Elf but then you'd need another quantum type, or maybe just a Life Mark would suffice.

PU is underused :c but for a good reason - it's situational. If your opponent has something like a Firefly Queen deck, you can't take advanatage of the opponent's card's abilities. It's also very expensive so in rainbows it probalby won't be used (Aether in rainbows mostly use Dim. shields and Quint anyway).

But it's always fun using 3 Rage Potions on a Voodoo Doll then PUing it 3 times... OTK :3

Also False Gods are harder than Platinum for me ;_;

Yay, not dead thread.

Unless you benefit from Schrodinger cat's abilities, just use Photon as mutate fodder material.

Aether/Entropy doesn't have much synergy (...unless you Antimatter and Quint the opponent?) so I'd suggest not to use it. Also mutate is pretty bad unless you use Fallen Elf but then you'd need another quantum type, or maybe just a Life Mark would suffice.

PU is underused :c but for a good reason - it's situational. If your opponent has something like a Firefly Queen deck, you can't take advanatage of the opponent's card's abilities. It's also very expensive so in rainbows it probalby won't be used (Aether in rainbows mostly use Dim. shields and Quint anyway).

But it's always fun using 3 Rage Potions on a Voodoo Doll then PUing it 3 times... OTK :3

Also False Gods are harder than Platinum for me ;_;

Eh, I've kinda changed my strategy since then.
I really only have one Cat, so it's not really my main Mutate fodder. I use my Sparks for that, since they'll either turn into an Abomination, which is better for the long-term, or they mutate into something awesome. (once, it mutated into a Fire Nymph which I Hatched into a Black Dragon with Devour. Then I PU'd it twice and Quint'd the original. I won that game, by the way.)
I also use a Mindgate when things are getting dull and I don't have many cards. To make up for the quanta costs of Mindgate cards and mutants' abilities, I have five Quantum Pillars and two Novas.

The problem with your deck is that it seems not very consistent. I mean, it doesn't have much main strategy. And with 30 cards (don't use >30 cards without Sundial/Hourglass/Precog because it lowers the chance of drawing the cards you actually want) it's not good. A simple deck with 17xEarth Pillars, 1xShort Sword, 6xGraboid, and 6xShrieker with Time mark would probably function better than yours because although it's boring, it works.

Speaking of which, which level AI do you farm?

If you follow a guide you can probably make a reliable AI3 farming deck from the get go.

But I learnt this the hard way, aka using Monowater when it is completely trash...

So yeah basically simple decks are better but experiment all you like.

NOW I NEED TO FIND WHY THE ONLINE FALSE GOD FARMING DECK ALWAYS LOSES.

I'm still working on it, but I plan to use an Entropy+Death deck whose strategy is basically to put out boneyards and vultures, and then a lot of Schrodinger's Cats for a lot of skeletons and some very strong vultures. And also then mutate the skeletons into abominations and stuff.

aw shit i remember this game, damn good times

I'm still working on it, but I plan to use an Entropy+Death deck whose strategy is basically to put out boneyards and vultures, and then a lot of Schrodinger's Cats for a lot of skeletons and some very strong vultures. And also then mutate the skeletons into abominations and stuff.

I've been doing this but with Gravity instead of Entropy, using Otyughs so I can cannibalise my own Skeletons. That way you not only get +1/+1 for every Vulture in play but for the Otyugh in question as well. Plus if your opponent has a tricky stupidly-powerful creature you'd quite like to vacate the premises, you can munch on Skeletons for a few turns until Oty's big enough to eat it, and beef up your Vultures and turn it into a few Skeletons into the bargain.

Might try switching to Death/Entropy as well soon because yay Entropy.

(Incidentally, what possessed the game to think it was a good idea to use Plague when my side of the field consisted of a dozen Skeletons and two already moderately powerful Vultures just now was a good idea, I'm not quite sure.)

(Incidentally, what possessed the game to think it was a good idea to use Plague when my side of the field consisted of a dozen Skeletons and two already moderately powerful Vultures just now was a good idea, I'm not quite sure.)

Once I had a boneyard in my rainbow and some bonewalls, as well as a scavenging dune scorpion. I was facing Half-Blood and built up a skeleton army through Otyugh chomping and they used Rain of Fire which boosted that DS to 16/18 and my bonewalls to 30 something. (Also a fun way to abuse boneyard is to improved mutate a skeleton, eat it, which generates another skeleton, repeat.)

I am currently on a hate streak for False Gods because Lionheart was at 1 card when I ran out of Sundials and Dim. Shields (he would have decked out immediately), Miracle kept on Miracle-ing until I decked out (should've brought Eternity I guess) and Incarnate just survived at 2 hp when I died. Maybe it's my deck's problem, although I'm pretty sure it isn't because it has beaten Miracle and Incarnate before. ALSO SEISM IS UNBEATABLE.

Experimenting a gravity deck with 14 pillars/pends, 6 colossal dragons, 5 momentums, 5 acceleration. Works surprisingly well, although it hates Reverse Time and Freeze (and to an extent, Mutation). Also experimented with a Firefly Queen deck with Rustlers and Empathic Bonds + Adrenaline which also worked well (Adrenaline on Firefly gives 4 Light Quanta per turn and photosynthesise it into 8 Life Quanta).

Trying this as well, though I'm doing Bone Shield + Boneyard iinstead of a ton of Cats. Also Plague with Mutate, and a few Abominations for strong-arming when I get dealt a shitty hand throughout the game.

Bone Shield + tons of Cats works pretty amazingly, actually. Unless your opponent's completely flooding the field with monsters you're pretty likely to put up layers faster than they can break them down, and they'll never lay a finger on you. Especially if you have a lull of a few turns where they're not attacking and you can prepare a load at your leisure.

Bone Shield + tons of Cats works pretty amazingly, actually. Unless your opponent's completely flooding the field with monsters you're pretty likely to put up layers faster than they can break them down, and they'll never lay a finger on you. Especially if you have a lull of a few turns where they're not attacking and you can prepare a load at your leisure.

Plague fixes creature spam. Also gives you more of those Bone Walls upon death.

I think you should be more worried about your cats getting CC'd, or Momentum and Psions and the like.

Back
Top Bottom