• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Um. Well, the only person who said they could have some game theory ideas to help us lynch mafia has been killed. I guess we're at square one again, untill anyone else can come up with some info, though they probably would make targets out of themselves in the process. Which sucks. Though if we have enough collective evidence to lynch a mafia today, I think we should. I don't know, can anyone else chime in and help? Just trying to break the ice for discussion.

Sssso I'm getting the impression that flavour text is relevant?

I'd guess Gevaisa was killed with the move Thrash or Outrage or.. Bulldoze? Anyways, 's very different from DarkAura's flavour text, so unless someone has a role with multiple killing moves (???) we've got two distinct killing roles here. Nothing otherwise on this front, though. speculation!!! \o/

Am I right that usually there's a Don that always makes the kill?

Which, if I'm right, that means there is more than one killing role. Which is probably bad news for us. But my question is, if there's more than one killing role, why didn't they both kill?

*It would mean that if the don didn't have more than one killing power. Since they're the only one who could make the kill, it would be consistent flavors. So, above isn't the only option if the don has more than one power. Or if there isn't even a don at all.

Or, always an option, the flavor isn't really relevant. But the difference should be noted.

Hmm I didn't get a notice on top that day started. Oh well.

This is not good. We have no leads at the moment, and abstaining endlessly will kill us.

Ok, so I was hoping to quietly investigate, but whatever.
I can investigate what type of art (ie action) people do at night. On the first night Dazel did nothing, last night Lilypad used a disruptive action. Care to elucidate us?

Lookit me, forgetting to change the phase header.

re: flavor text: not really a relevant thing in MF's games. Sometimes straight misleading. Don't look into it too much.

It doesn't seem like flavor was relevant the first day, and I don't think it's relevant today either - and even if it is, it's not like it gives us any real leads anyway. We can brainstorm all we want about what caused all that disorder (thrash, earthquake, outrage, bulldoze, etc) but none of it would really implicate anyone anyway, and it could be very misleading.

Also, aren't Disruptive actions usually pro-town? Roleblocker is the only role I can call to mind that would be biased towards the Mafia, but it's more likely she's just a Swapper or Bus Driver or redirector, considering those are roles MF is equally fond of (judging from past games).

True, though a mafia roleblocker is not unheard of. Maybe a mafia redirector/bus driver? Hmm. No idea. Though I do have the feeling we'll be losing ILS tonight because he spoke up.

Since I'm probably gonna die, I'm gonna get as much information on this thread as I can.
MF gave me a list of possible art people can be doing: killing, informative, healing, disruptive, voting, support, other, combination.

Out of curiosity, Squirtles: you said Dazel did "nothing" when you targeted him the first night. Do you know if that means that he doesn't have an action or that he chose not to use his action, or can you not tell the difference between those two? I'm just wondering since "nothing" isn't one of your apparent options up there.

I wonder if he was disrupted if that would report as nothing? Hmrl

MF's given disruption powers to both mafia and innocent players in the past; I don't think it directly points to one or the other. I'd love to hear more about what's up with it, though!

I wonder if he was disrupted if that would report as nothing? Hmrl
I think MF might actually answer that one if ILS were to ask.

How on earth would someone be "voting" at night?

How on earth would someone be "voting" at night?

Top-of-the-head guess? Possibly not an actual "vote", but maybe a politician-like role that can force another player's vote to be counted a certain way. Or maybe a doublevoter who has to declare that they're going to doublevote the night before, but thaaaat seems kind of silly.

Well, the latter would make sense if it's one of MF's modal roles ("If you do not choose to X during the night, you may instead choose to...").

I find it interesting that there would be enough voting powers out there that somehow involve the night phase for them to get their own category rather than just being folded into "other."

Wow. What a time to be gone for a day or so.

Well obviously I would rather not claim unless nessessary, especially this early in the game, but if you're going to lynch me anyway, when it gets to that point I guess I will, if I must.

But, in my defense, having a disruptive role really doesn't say anything either way. Killing action, definitely, but otherwise there are plenty of innocent disruptive roles. (I would know of at least one :P.) And, since you spoke early without concrete evidence to lynch a mafia, we just probably lost our psuedoinspector. Which is further awful for our position.

augh why is the beginning of this game going so badly

I've got a power that would allow me to prevent ILS from being killed but it would also prevent ILS from being able to make any move so :/

Hm... I dunno, if ILS has any ideas about what he wanted to do tonight, maybe he can leave a suggestion for any other potential investigative-type roles? I... really don't know whether it's a good idea to block our only known investigator! but if you do decide to protectblock him (there might be other healing roles, I guess), and the other investigator(s) don't have any more pressing targets, maybe at least that way we can improve our chances that someone finds something out? (Don't actually say anything unless it would otherwise be a good idea to do so, hypothetical other investigators, but yeah.)

Also, not that past games are necessarily an indication of how this one will play out, does MF usually do healer clash in his games/Alti, does your role mention anything about clashing?

At any rate, pretty sure today is the last day for discussion? Are we... going to do anything? Two-and-a-bit roles coming forward on day two is plenty unless someone else has some really important information to share... and in theory I suppose they could since quite a few people haven't posted today, or even posted at all this game (where are you Butterfree, I was re-reading AAMafia 2 and it was awesome and I wanted to be awesome together again, and maybe even actually win this time ;-;)... but I don't know that we've gotten anything concrete enough to perform a lynch on anyone specific?

Back
Top Bottom