• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

Re: Elite Four Choice Pokémafia - Game Thread

... I mean, 72 hours for discussion. Somebody screw my head back on.

Sssso I guess you didn't protect ILS last night, Altissimo? Or was there a healer clash or something?

I didn't 'cause I figured there'd be no point in preventing the inspector from moving. I was hoping any other healers might take up the mantle and protect him instead. >:/

Well either they didn't because they feared a clash or there aren't any. ((Or in a much rarer case there are multiple others who healed and clashed))

...seriously? No one else has anything to say? No ideas, no one who has already revealed their role has any other plans or information, nothing?

Welp. I said I don't like abstaining, and I'm not abstaining anymore. I hate to have to do it this way, but while I admit that we have no solid leads, I also hate sitting on my hands when we have no other way to keep the mafia in check. If we have no real information, then we do the next best thing and get rid of dead weight. Which is... a lot of people, honestly, but I'm going to say lynch Zero Moment because he only posted once early on and hasn't bothered since, and that one post wasn't anywhere near as useful as, say, Butterfree's.

Sorry, but if you're not talking, you're not helping town.

I don't see the point of attempting to write vapid posts when there's both nothing personally to go on and nothing real to discuss in the thread. ILS was a pretty good potential source of info, but the moment he opened his mouth he was killed. I don't think that's much incentive for the people with the knowledge—if there even are any at the moment—to say anything if they don't have something concrete. As of now, we apparently have absolutely nothing. We go to bed, it's likely that someone dies, but at the same time, it's likely in the morning someone else knows why.

Urf, late for the time extension.

Technically, time should have been way up before ZM cast the tie vote, but in the interest of avoiding a GM lynch in the next Day, let's go ahead and make it a 24-hour time extension.

Sorry for not being around. I've had a pretty crazy week.

I don't actually think it's likely that someone dying in the night leads to more information the next day. It may, but we have no knowledge of what inforoles might still exist in the game and even if there are still some, depending on how they work, there's still plenty of opportunity for them to swing but miss in any given night phase. Lynching is literally the only thing the town can do to advance towards a winning state, and given that lynching (almost) always gives a nonzero chance of finding a mafia player, while not lynching always has zero chance of uncovering mafia, lynching as often as possible is really the best way to go.

I agree that it's frustrating to write posts along the lines of "well we still don't know anything, this is exciting" every day phase, but unfortunately the nature of online mafia usually is that there's little to go on in the early days, since unlike real-life games posters don't necessarily have any obvious "tells," and even things like people not replying to the thread don't give much away.

In any case, I will vote Zero Moment for now, since I do think we should lynch someone today and that breaks the abstain tie. I'm fine changing that to someone else later if we're able to agree on another target, though.

Eh, I don't think ILS was the only investigative role here - he was less inspector and more role cop - and if this is anything like past MFia games, the mafia have more than just killing actions. The only people he would really be able to peg with his power would be the don, then, and the vigilante, and that would put the town at somewhat of a disadvantage. If this inspector hasn't spoken yet, it probably means that they haven't come up with any Mafia yet, which is unfortunate.

Well, I suppose there won't be any change in votes today. I'm the backup, I take the role of the first person who dies in the game. I believe I took Gevaisa's place. Let's do this thing.

Now, just who...?

A stunned silence for a moment, and then, distrust. Some short discussion on preemptively killing potential conspirators. Everyone withdrew into their rooms for a moment...

... And by the time they were reunited, a Pokémon Battle was happening in the central room.

"Don't fall behind, Skarmory! Set up Spikes! Let's hope she steps on them too!"
"Get them with Flamethrower, Hydreigon! Get both of them, if you can!"

Yikes. Serious business. But regardless of the strange circumstances, who wouldn't be down to watch two Champions duke it out?

A fight has broken out between Lilycolo and Kratos Aurion!

Please read the following carefully in order to avoid a modkill.
For the remainder of the Day phase, only Lilycolo and Kratos Aurion may participate in the Day discussion. Other players may only post "Go, Lilycolo!" or "Go, Kratos Aurion!", which will be parsed as a lynch vote against the opposing player (ie, "Go, Lilycolo!" is a vote for Kratos Aurion to be lynched, and vice-versa). Neither Lilycolo and Kratos Aurion may cast votes on players, although they can post as they'd like otherwise. Players other than Lilycolo and Kratos Aurion can only post the specified commands -- posting anything else may be penalized with modkill.

48-hour extension (not cumulative with any currently running extensions).

Well then. MF is a fan of gladiators. This is what, three games in a row?

Go Kratos Aurion

Kratos seemed to be helping more with more posts I can't remember lily posting and I don't know who you are sorry

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON I AM SO LATE WHUT

Dammit I can't do much except ugh FIGHT!! FIGHT TO THE DEATH and hope I get more people on my side

:( aurg wasn't this supposed to be a VANILLA GAME? And then suddenly Pokemon Fight of Doom!

I'm a pacifist goddammit! Zm did you do this? I'm /sorry/ about or as mafia okay :( what did I do to deserve this

Back
Top Bottom