• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eon Spirit vs. Phantom

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 32%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct
User Limit: Participated in one, or no battles as of yet.
Arena: Imperial City Arena

Here there be gladitorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moes such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devestating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
Sword Slash (3% Damage, 75% chance to hit, cannot hit flying)
Arrow Shot (5% Damage, 50% chance to hit, can hit fliers)
These legions cannot be dfeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries ar applied as fainted due to disqualification

Eon Spirit's active Squad
[Spatz] Pichu (M) <Static>
[Zelx] Zangoose (F) <immunity>
[Onikami] Poochyena (M) <Run Away>
[Lori] Starly (F) <Keen Eye>
[Xaciz] Shinx (M) <intimidate>

Phantom's active squad
[Kaden] Charmander (M) <Blaze>
[My Dark Soul] Gastly (M) <Levitate>
[Blitz] Electrike (F) <Static>

To start off...
-Phantom sends out
-Eon Spirit sends out and attacks
-Phantom attacks
-I ref.

By the way. About the arena. What exactly is this? Is the "legion" attacking constantly, once per round? At a random opponent? If Eon Spirit could explain this a little more in-depth, I'd be most greatful.

By the way. About the arena. What exactly is this? Is the "legion" attacking constantly, once per round? At a random opponent? If Eon Spirit could explain this a little more in-depth, I'd be most greatful.

The Legion will only attack if the arena suffers intensive damage (i.e. crowd is injured, eartquake/fissue/magnitude etc etc.) and will ttack both at random...

Last edited:
Spatz, take a stand!

Unable to predict a stratey we'll do this, Nasty Plot for a nice boost, Rain Dance to get things wet, and Clean Up with Thunder. If he tries to Psych Up your nasty plot, instead use Thunderbolt, if he uses Protect on Thunder, just Nasty Plot.

Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt ~ Rain Dance ~ Thunder/Nasty Plot/Thunderbolt

Hypnosis on that little yellow thing, if it's asleep use Dream eater and then nightmare. If it's not asleep use Sucker punch and then shadow ball.

Hypnosis~Dream Eater/Sucker Punch~ Nightmare/Shadow Ball

3vs3 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct

Here there be gladitorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moes such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devestating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
These legions cannot be dfeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries ar applied as fainted due to disqualification

”It’s a great day here at the Arena! But today, we have a special treat for all you spectators! No more boring gladiators! This time, we present to you…a Pokémon battle!”

The crowd cheers as Phantom and Eon Spirit each walk up to opposite sides of the arena. Phantom throws out a Poké Ball, out of which a floating gas ball appears. The Gastly glares at the light around it, then focuses its gaze on Phantom, who is deliberating her pokémon choice. Soon, Phantom throws her poké ball out as well.

Out of it appears a small, yellow mouse that looks around and instantly smiles at the crowd. Then it turns its gaze to the Gastly at the other end of the arena. The ref steps up and waves his flags; it’s time for the battle to begin!

Round One Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Ability: Static
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Ability: Levitate

My Dark Soul begins the battle by capturing his opponent’s attention. As Spatz turns to look at the Gastly, he suddenly gets struck with a weak pulse of psychic energy. Suddenly, he feels somewhat sleepy…and his eyelids droop. Soon, the Pichu is snoring. My Dark Soul laughs at how easy that was and begins the next attack.

The Gastly floats over to Pichu, and using his ghostly powers, looks into his opponent’s dreams. Ooh, there’s a good one! The Pichu is currently dreaming about being a gladiator…fitting. Deciding that looks like a nice-tasting treat, the Gastly licks the dream out of Spatz’s head, promptly ingesting it. The Pichu gives a large shudder, but doesn’t even come close to waking up.

Well, Soul thinks If it can handle that, then let’s try something bigger! The Gastly immediately conjures up all of the evil thoughts it can think, gathering them in front of his body. Sticking his tongue out, Soul propels the evil thoughts into Spatz’s head—a replacement for the dream he just ate. The Pichu doesn’t react kindly to this, and begins to shudder rapidly, rolling around with his eyes closed. My Dark Soul laugs, and retreats back to his trainer for his next order.

Round One End!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 88%

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Energy: 84%

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary.

Damage and Energy calculations
•Hypnosis: 4% energy
•Dream Eater: 9% damage, 7% energy
•Nightmare: 5% energy

Notes
•I set Nightmare at 3% damage per action, since the A&A says “considerable mental damage”. Is this correct?
•Spatz was asleep for all three actions.
•Nightmare is going to pretty much decrease the sleep counter by one every action, so…yeah.
•Phantom, your signature is now more hilarious than ever.
•If you find any mistakes, please do say so.
•I knew SOMETHING was off about Spatz...

Next Round
•Phantom attacks
•Eon Spirit attacks
•I ref.

Last edited:
Hmmm, how about Dream Eater, followed by Ominous Wind, if by chance it wakes up by your third move then use Attract, otherwise Sucker Punch.

Dream Eater~Ominous Wind~Attact/Sucker Punch

And thank you Superbird, I forgot to change my quote last week so I was long overdue.

Just to note, Spatz is a Guy.

Well your asleep, how 'bout that, the one thing I didn't think of...

Anyways, Sleep Talk it out...unless you wake up, then use Thunderbolt like the spammy fool you are...

Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk/Thunderbolt ~ Sleep Talk/Thunderbolt

3vs3 single

Imperial Legion:

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries are applied as fainted due to disqualification

Round Two Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 88%

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Energy: 84%

The referee waves his flags again, and My Dark Soul does the same thing he did last round—he floats over to Spatz, and eats one of the poor Pichu’s nightmares. Oh, they tasted so good to him! But as he floats back to his side of the arena, Spatz mumbles in his sleep and slowly gets up, probably subconsciously, and begins digging in the sand. He soon has a nice pile of it sitting in front of him, and as he breathes a part of his life force into it the Substitute forms into a Pichu-shape, and looks at its master, who shudders in pain once again.

My Dark Soul glances curiously at the new Substitute, and after a little decides to try to kill the little thing. He begins to use his ghostly powers to start up the wind, adding a bit of Ghost-type energy to blow around in it. Spatz, however, just continues to shudder in his sleep, letting his faithful creation block the attack. My Dark Soul frowns. Those darn substitutes! They were always /so/ annoying!

But then Spatz stumbles forward, a large red-and-white gift box appearing in his hand. He tosses the Present at Soul, who doesn’t hesitate to make use of his intangibility. The Present flies right through his body and explodes harmlessly on the ground. Spatz shudders again, and suddenly his eyes snap open. That was a horrible dream! Wait, how long has he been sleeping? However long it was, he is sure that his opponent has been taking advantage of it. And he intends to pay that price back!

Meanwhile, Soul groans. Is his trainer insane or something? Well, orders are orders. The Gastly tries his best to throw every compliment he can at his opponent. “Oh, hey! Thanks for that present1 I love it! And you know what? I love you too!” Unfortunately for the floating gas blob, his words really don’t sound genuine, and Spatz wonders what exactly he’s talking about Well, whatever. Time to get revenge! Spatz taps into his inner supply of electricity, supplying a Thunderbolt to fry his opponent. The Gastly is hit hard by the blow, and scowls. This is not going well anymore.

Round Two End!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 63%
Energy: 75%

dpicon172.png
Substitute: 4% health

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 63%

Arena Notes
•Nothing out of the ordinary.

•Dream Eater: 9% damage, 7% energy
•Sleep Talk/Substitute: 7% energy
•Ominous Wind: 6% damage, 8% energy
•Sleep Talk/Present: 11% energy
•Attract: 6% energy (failed)
•Thunderbolt: 10% damage, 7% energy

Notes
•The first Sleep Talk yielded Substitute, interestingly. I randomized it, and it came out to be a small substitute.
•The second Sleep Talk yielded Present. I think it has a 25% chance of healing, so I went with that. It chose to do damage, and since Veekun says it deals randomly between 40 and 120 base power, I randomized that too. It came out to 104. Not that it actually mattered.
•Ominous Wind did not raise any stats.
•Oh, sorry, Eon! I didn't notice that. I thought /something/ was off...Anyway, fixed in the last reffing.
•If you see anything wrong or questionable, please just say so!

Next Round
•Eon Spirit attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref.

All right, you're awake, now it's time to make that silly Gastly pay!

Start off by using rain dance, then use Nasty Plot, but if he Psych's Up use Sweet Kiss instead. At any time he tries to put you back asleep use protect. Else clean up with Thunder.

Rain Dance/Protect ~ Nasty Pot/Sweet Kiss/Protect ~ Thunder/Protect

Crap, I so would not have used Attract, I thought it was female. Grrr.

OK use Substitute say, 20%, Chill for a bit and let the sub take the hit, then Night Slash.

Sub 20%~Chill~Night Slash

3vs3 single

Here there be no gladiatorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moves such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devastating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
These legions cannot be defeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:

Round Three Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Energy: 75%

dpicon172.png
Substitute: 4% health

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Health: 90%
Energy: 63%

My Dark Soul starts off the round by duplicating his opponent’s previous actions. He uses his powers to unearth a mass of dirt, considerably bigger than his opponent’s, and breathes a large portion of his life force into it. The Substitute springs to life, forming into a round ball, and begins floating in the air like its creator.

Meanwhile, Spatz watches this display curiously. How dare that stupid ghost steal his tactic! Well, he’d take care of that. The Pichu gathers a bluish ball of energy in his hands and hurls it up toward the sky. Within moments, dark gray storm clouds have begun to appear out of thin air above the arena. The roar of thunder is heard, and the rain spontaneously starts pouring down. Soul groans at the annoying liquid, as does the crowd. Spatz, however, is quite happy with how well his attack worked out.

My Dark Soul looks again at the rain. Actually, it is rather relaxing, and it makes things darker. Maybe it isn’t so bad after all. In fact, he likes the rain so much now that he closes his eyes and relaxes in it. Meanwhile, his opponent smirks evilly. Oh, Spatz thinks, I am SO going to get him! Just watch my next attack, Trainer! It’ll be the final blow! The amount it raises his morale is astonishing.

Soon, Soul wakes up and yawns. What was he supposed to do now? Oh, yes. That. The Gastly immediately fades away into the darkness caused by the storm clouds, appearing right in front of Spatz and slashing at him with a claw of gas. However, the Pichu’s Substitute jumps in the way at the last minute. Curse that little pest! He makes sure to hit he mound of dirt extra hard. It explodes into mud, as if it were a Mud Bomb, and My Dark Soul retreats back to his side of the arena.

Spatz laughs to himself. He doesn’t need a substitute anymore! He has electricity! The Pichu raises his hands to the sky and calls for Thunder. His wish is granted. A gigantic bolt of lightning, or maybe even several of them, comes crashing down from above right on top of My Dark Soul. The Gastly gives a high, shrill, (comical) scream, and braces himself for impact. But the impact doesn’t come. Soul meekly looks up only to see his Substitute crackling with electricity and barely staying together. He sighs in relief, and makes a plan to get that annoying little rodent.

Round Three End!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Energy: 54%
Status: “How dare you block my ultimate attack!” Special Attack +2.

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Health: 70%
Energy: 57%

dpicon092.png
Substitute: 2% health​

Arena Notes
•It is raining (6 more actions).

•Substitute: 10% energy
•Rain Dance: 7% energy
•Chill: Restored 10% energy
•Nasty Plot: 4% energy
•Night Slash: 6% damage, 6% energy
•Thunder: 18% damage, 10% energy

Notes
•I love how much free time I have on weekends.
•I’ve set Rain Dance to three rounds’ duration.
•If I’ve made any more mistakes, please do say so.

Next Round
•Phantom attacks
•Eon Spirit attacks
•I ref.

I love Soul's status right now, for some reason that made me laugh. OK!

We can't have that fuzzy yellow thing beat you! You're sub isn't going to last long at all, so, if that yellow furball attacks again (damage attack) you Protect right away! As soon as they put their guard down use Night Shade on them and then Lick, and if it's your third action and they don't attack you use Taunt!

Protect/Night Shade~Protect/Lick~Protect/Taunt

EDIT: I didn't pull a stupid at all.

Last edited:
Oh how it is a shame you don't have scrappy, well we'll have to work ith what we get.
If you beat him on speed to encore his prtect, do so.
Thunder ~ Chill/Encore ~ Thunder

3vs3 single

Here there be no gladiatorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moves such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devastating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
These legions cannot be defeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:

Round Four Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Energy: 54%
Status: “How dare you block my ultimate attack!” Special Attack +2.

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Energy: 57%

dpicon092.png
Substitute: 2% health

My Dark soul, wary from Spatz’s last attack, sees that the electric rodent is planning to use it again. The Pichu cries to the heavens, asking them for help. His prayers are answered when a gigantic bolt of electricity, just like last round, streams down from the heavens. Spatz looks eagerly at his opponent. Did it hit? Meanwhile, Soul is cowering under a green shield of energy. He’s officially scared now, and he swore he could see the Protect flickering.

Upon seeing his opponent unhurt, Spatz utters an angry growl (which is admittedly still quite cute) and sits down, closing his eyes. He’d better recover energy for the next attack, or else…Soul watches this, and snickers to himself. Wonderful! The rodent isn’t going to attack this time! The Gastly warily floats over to his opponent, then sticks out his large red tongue. He licks the Pichu. Waking up, Spatz shivers. Ewwwwww. That was disgusting! Time for payback!

Grinning evilly, Spatz calls to the Heavens yet again. The rainclouds above begin to again crackle with electricity. My Dark Soul looks up with wide eyes, his experession showing that he’s genuinely scared. Then, without hesitation, the floating gas blob sets up another green shield of energy. Then the Thunder comes crashing down. As the gargantuan lightning bolt strikes the barrier, Soul gapes in amazement as his protect flickers, then after a few seconds disappears entirely. He screams, bracing himself.

But the impact never comes. Instead, the Gastly looks up innocently only to see the splattered remains of his Substitute falling from above his head. He sighs in relief, ignoring the fuming Spatz on the other side of the field.

Round Four End!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 62%
Energy: 44%

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Energy: 40%

Arena Notes
•It is raining (3 more actions).

•Protect: 7% energy
•Thunder: 10% energy
•Lick: 1% damage, 3% energy
•Chill: restored 10% energy
•Protect: 7% energy

Notes
•On action three, Thunder actually managed to hit through the Protect. Unfortunately, the substitute still existed, so…yeah.
•Any mistakes, tell me.

Next Round
•Eon Spirit attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref.

I'm good, scared gastly is freaking pissing himself over a little rodent.

anyways

Chill Once, don't want to oerwork yourself, but if he uses hypnosis agin use protect. Then follow up with Flash and finish with Thunder.

Chill/Protect ~ Flash/Protect ~ Thuder/Protect

BE A MAN/GHOST SOUL! IT'S A LITTLE YELLOW FUZZY MOUSE THING!!

Chill for a bit to get it together! Then Night Shade (by the way Soul does have exp), if that Thunder hits then use Curse, otherwise Night Slash.

Chill~Night Shade~Night Slash/Curse

3vs3 single

Imperial Legion:

Effects:

Round Five Begin!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 62%
Energy: 44%

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)

Spatz realizes that he’s suddenly getting somewhat tired. Knowing that he really doesn’t have anything to fear from his pesky opponent, the Pichu sits down and closes his eyes, relaxing as much as he can for the time being. Seeing his opponent, My Dark Soul realizes he’s in no immediate danger, and follows his opponent’s example, closing his eyes and relaxing.

After a minute, his eyes open again. Soul feels refreshed! He decides to use the darkness provided by the stormclouds to use his next attack. Using his ghostly powers, Soul makes the darkness close in on Spatz, who snaps to attention and looks around startledly. He looks up, frightened, to see the darkness closing in on him, and shields himself. After a few seconds, though, the Pichu feels a weak sting and looks up. The Night Shade is gone.

Spatz shrugs. Well, whatever that was, it didn’t really work that well. In any case, it’s time for his own attack! The Pichu forms an orb of light in his hand, and runs up to My Dark Soul. As soon as he gets close, the Pichu throws the orb, which explodes in a flash of light in front of the gas blob. Spatz quickly runs back to his own side of the arena, glad that he had his back turned. Soul, however, is stunned by the Flash, and can barely see correctly any more.

Thankfully, Soul thinks, he doesn’t need his eyes for his next attack! It’s time for a painful revenge! The Gastly closes his eyes and begins to chant a mysterious and ancient curst that he somehow knows. Spatz listens intently—What is that strange creature doing now? Soul soon finishes the curse, promptly wincing as his vitality is quickly sapped out of his body. He pants. That was more draining than he had expected it to be! Spatz, on the other side of the arena, suddenly clutches his head, which had suddenly exploded (Metaphorically) with a throbbing pain. Gah! What did that dang Gastly do to him?

Whatever it was, Spatz isn’t about to allow that deed to go unpunished! He raises his arms to the sky again, calling upon the heavens one last time. His prayers are granted as, down from the storm clouds comes a gigantic bolt of lightning, striking Soul squarely. The Gastly cringes in pain, and as the surge leaves his body, begins to focus his energy on staying conscious. Spatz suddenly feels a burst of real pain. No doubt the work of that stupid Gastly. Oh, that thing would pay! Neither battler really noticed as the storm clouds above parted and disappeared instantaneously.

Round Five End!

Team Eon Spirit (OOO)
Pichu
Spatz (M)
Health: 51%
Status: Itching to finish off his opponent. Special Attack +2. Cursed.

Team Phantom (OOO)
Gastly
My Dark Soul (M)
Health: 2%
Energy: 39%

Arena Notes
•The ground is still a little damp.

•Flash: 4% energy
•Night Shade: 1% damage, 5% energy
•Curse: 6% energy, -50% health

Notes
•Night Shade has 10 base power for every EXP point the pokémon has. Therefore, since Soul has 1 EXP, it had 10 BP.
•Thunder was ALMOST a critical hit.
•Spatz hadn’t actually used Thunder, but he was going to and because of the rain, it wasn’t gonna miss.

Next Round
•Eon Spirit attacks
•Phantom attacks
•I ref.

Alright, for the lolz, use thunder shock, then chill off the rest...

Thundershock ~ Chill ~ Cill

Back
Top Bottom