• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Event] Battle for Asber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well that doesn't sound so ba-
*look at Team Asber lineup*

...Ew. No thank you. Maybe some other time.

Last edited:
Oh like you guys wouldn't enjoy a togekiss on your side. >| I have a honchkrow or golbat you could use too. Or a magneton or a clefairy (or a starmieskarmorymetangaerodactyl ok etc.)

oh, but we would! that is not the problem.

You've been having negotiations and were gunning for more players, so it's not like you didn't have sufficient warning and time to create a briefing.

as we know, we are horrible at planning ahead.

If I read ths right, psychics can hover?
If so, I'll join with my Starmie (nickname is Star)

workable, but possibly not the best idea -- is able to hit only one of the legendaries for significant damage, weak to two STABs, and not much in the way of defenses.

I'm in. Been wanting to get a piece of this for a while.

Joining with Zeus. (Don't worry I have no plans of sideswitching)

please don't don't don't dont normal/flying nfe with neither powerful stab nor any other redeeming qualities

To expand on what res is saying: we'd like the most ideal fighters as possible in this battle, since so much is at stake. We're currently mashing together a list of Pokemon we can obtain and lend out to give us a better chance. If you're willing to use our Pokemon, that's great; we'll get to you in a bit. If not, we can't force you.

of course, if you have even better contributions, so much the better! but that is not entirely likely since most of our preferred list is fully evolved for damage reasons.

If new people are wondering what they'd borrow, we have salamence, togekiss and volcarona! Others, too!

useful notes: butterfree are cheap, at $35 a pop, and among the most useful things. $47 gets a package which includes hurricane, which would be marvelous.

in fact a few butterfree, the togekiss, and an army of ghosts sounds great.

Last edited:
Just for you people, I have other VERY useful Pokémon, namely a Medicham (with Hypnosis) and a Masquerain.

A Bug / Water Masquerain. With Soak.

EDIT: Also Sunflower plzzzz don't use that Rufflet, it's not worth a try! Use my Medicham or Masquerain or our Salamence or Volcarona or Togekiss!

EDIT2: AND A DUNSPARCE (it flies u know)

Hey. Hey guys.
How about you quit telling people what Pokemon to use?

I've changed my mind - I want to participate. But the way you people are talking, it seems like you don't want people to use their own damn Pokemon and instead want 6 iterations of your own.
So what if Sunflower wants to use a Rufflet? Her Pokemon need the experience a lot more than yours do, and even if she can't contribute all that much with it, she could sure as hell use the one or two points more than your Salamence, Togetic, Volcarona or others. And $35 for a Butterfree? When I first joined up I didn't have $35 for ages, and logically having just joined ASB and only having been in one or two battles, Sunflower would most decidedly not have that after buying a team.

That said, I'd like to join with Chimani. And I will not hear anyone complain about it.

We're not shoving our Pokemon onto others because we want the EXP. We're doing it because we want the ideal Pokemon choices to /win/. If you want your EXP, we can gladly give you Rare Candies after the battle. If it's the money prize you're after, I'm sure quite a few of us are able and willing to give you what you should have got. Additionally, we're willing to provide funds to buy that Butterfree.

Of course we can't force you to use our Pokemon. We're suggesting you do because that gives us the best chance of winning, and victory is what we're all after in the end, right?

What blazhy said. This is a communal effort--I won't pretend that I don't play excessive attention to Tuft, because I do, but if the team suggested that I use the volcarona I would do it and pay excessive attention to them. I own the Daycare now! Take some EXP, if you really need it that much!

Besides, Negrek knows about this. Why would neg intentionally ignore your reward for the battle and give it to the lender, when neg could so easily just give you something else? Rewards are going to be based on participation, apparently, and not the typical "knock out a pokemon, get EXP"; there's no need to assume you won't get compensated. This isn't, actually, an attempt to leech experience off of you!

(Oh, and there are some unevolved cheap pokemon we would appreciate. An insomnia murkrow/hoothoot would be amazing, regardless of ownership. We could pay for that too, I guess, and whoever could keep it.)

Last edited:
On your team? Well, your aerodactyl seems like the best/only usable one there, although he doesn't quite stand out.

Otherwise, the volcarona (blazhy's), masquerain (Quidam's), togekiss (Dragon's), or hoothoot/murkrow seem like our most wanted things. Can't quite think of who's most needed atm, so!

Yeah they already have ko'd one aerodactyl already.

I agree with Zora, I would rather use a member of my own team. But I will hear out others before I go choosing.

Last edited:
I am interested in joining the fight, any specifictions on my team on who to use?

Hi hi hi! Welcome to the awesome team! What ninja Mai said, basically, but we're also willing to smash some cash in to buy butterfrees for you if you want! Also, I think there's a plan going around with natus, but I don't think we're doing that anymore, so don't run off and buy one for this battle (unless you really wanted a natu anyway).

Yeah they already have ko'd one aerodactyl already.

I agree with Zora, I would rather use a member of my own team. But I will hear out others before I go choosing.

Aerodactyl is not a bad choice at all! We do have plans for other Pokemon, though; when we've got things worked out we'll PM you. Shouldn't be long. If you still want to use Aerodactyl though, then go ahead!

Good to be here.

Oh and I have some monies to put towards a butterfree fund.

(Is is ironic that we need butterfrees so badly?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom