• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ever "caught 'em all"?

Ever "caught 'em all"?

• Yes!

Votes: 40 36.7%
  • No!

Votes: 32 29.4%
  • Nearly!

Votes: 37 33.9%

• Total voters
I caught every Pokémon (including Mew) except for Hitmonlee in my Blue version back in the day. I'm still amazed by the fact that at least ten of my friends all preferred Hitmonchan to Hitmonlee.

I got everything except Darkrai and Arceus on my old Pearl game. (I never cheated, but I had a friend who did and a got all the data from him)

All 151 on Blue without the Mew Trick or cheating; I got an official Mew from an event waaaay back in the day.

Um and all 200 in the Hoenn Dex in Ruby and Emerald, all 151 in Diamond's Sinnoh Dex. I haven't been in the mood to try for all 251/386/493. I'll get to it eventually.

Last edited:
No, I could never trade with anybody so I didn't see the point. D:

I did it in Gold and Diamond... 251 and 491 respectively. I tried to do it in Emerald, but Diamond was released before I managed to get so far. Migrating everything in Emerald helped a lot, though :3

And obviously, I still lack Shaymin and Arceus... but just you wait ;)

I've done it three times now, as of yesterday. :D First was Yellow, which I completed with 150 after some trading with my own Gold and Crystal as well as with my cousin; I'm not sure whether I'd traded a Mew Tricked Mew over by the time my save got deleted. Then I also completed it on Gold, first with 250 (one being a Celebi of dubious origin that I got from my cousin and he got from a friend) and then with 251 once I'd gotten a Mew Tricked Mew from my second Yellow version. Finally, yesterday I completed it on Diamond with 492 (with a couple of hacked event legendaries) after a few months of effort including personally training and evolving nearly every Pokémon I had without the bait-and-switch trick. Today I got a back-and-forth hacked Shaymin just for the sake of completion, bringing it to 493.

I got 150 on LeafGreen. My sister got me Dragonite when she was ill one day. I'd been trying to get it for ages, and I'd finally completed it. I restarted my file since then.

Event Pokemon aside, Red twice, Silver, Crystal thrice, Ruby, Emerald twice, and FireRed.

Aww yeah.

On Blue, Yellow, Crystal and I got all 200 Hoennables in Ruby and all the original 150 in FireRed.

I've done it three times now, as of yesterday. :D First was Yellow, which I completed with 150 after some trading with my own Gold and Crystal as well as with my cousin; I'm not sure whether I'd traded a Mew Tricked Mew over by the time my save got deleted. Then I also completed it on Gold, first with 250 (one being a Celebi of dubious origin that I got from my cousin and he got from a friend) and then with 251 once I'd gotten a Mew Tricked Mew from my second Yellow version. Finally, yesterday I completed it on Diamond with 492 (with a couple of hacked event legendaries) after a few months of effort including personally training and evolving nearly every Pokémon I had without the bait-and-switch trick. Today I got a back-and-forth hacked Shaymin just for the sake of completion, bringing it to 493.

Wow, congrats Butterfree, you officially win this thread XD

I got pretty close in Red or Blue (can't remember which); this was long before the Mew trick was discovered, though, and I can't remember if I stopped at 150 or if I Gamesharked a Mew and got all 151.

My last were Persian (Yellow), Tauros (Blue), Octillery (Crystal), Miltoic (Ruby) and Chansey (FireRed). I always remember them for some reason. X3

On Yellow, I'm fairly sure my last was Weezing, and I think it was Kabutops on Gold. On Diamond, it was Groudon, which I got from my own Emerald after miraculously catching it at almost full health with an Ultra Ball after it used Rest (my Pokémon were all around level 45).

Back
Top Bottom