• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Experimental Shoddy Tournament

You haven't been able to connect even using these instructions? It shouldn't matter if other servers "aren't showing up" because you're supposed to use this to bypass that and get directly into Smogon.

It's because the server name isn't correct, although the port number is.

shoddybattle.smogon.com

Bolded for the unnecessary bit. It's just smogon.com & 50000 to connect to Smogon University.

yeah putting shoddybattle at the beggining is the technically correct way to do it

I lost 0 to 6 against Full Metal Cookies... mainly because I'm not used to fast pace battles. ^^;

Okay. Since there are still three matches that don't appear to have finished yet, and all of them have reported problems, I'm going to extend the deadline to this Friday. I understand that weekdays can be hard for everyone to work with due to school, work, etc., but I really don't want to drag this one round out another full week. Please do your best to connect with your opponent by Friday, although sooner is obviously preferred.

Claiming victory against Grimdour, (was it 3-0 or 4-0? I don't remember...)

If I hadn't got lucky, that Gallade would have screwed me over big time.

Last edited:
Victory against Grimdour, (was it 3-0 or 4-0? I don't remember...)

If I hadn't got lucky, that Gallade would have screwed me over big time.
Good team you have. it's just the movesets you need to work with.

Okay. At this point there's actually only one battle to wait for (Firestorm and Mewtwo, iirc), because Terry.T. has been banned and is therefore disqualified; rock-ground, just go ahead and take a bye for this round, I guess.

If you want an impromptu battle that's fine, but please don't use this thread to arrange it. Either use the battle tower thread stickied in this forum (yes, I know it doesn't say anything about simulator battles, don't worry about that right now) or just keep it all to PMs. Don't clutter up the tournament thread, please.

Okay, sorry for the delay. The first round is over now. All of the matches were able to complete (sort of) except one; I know that Mewtwo and Firestorm were having trouble connecting, but I haven't heard anything from either of them since the extension and this *really* needs to move along. Sorry, you two. The good thing about this is that it leaves an even number of people to compete in the second round, so there's no need to worry about anything convoluted until next round. The match-ups for the second round are as follows:

rock-ground vs. Walker
Skymin vs. moon-panther
Full Metal Cookies vs. Oreku

As before, post here after your battle to confirm your results. I'd like this round to end by next Saturday, so please, do your best to finish up by the 14th.

As far as next round goes, perhaps you could do like a loser's bracket, where 2 of the losers (the ones with the closest matches) battle, and winner gets another shot at the next round?

Usually at this point I'd just do a three person round robin, but that's a possibility.

Claiming 5-0 victory over moon-panther.

Damn, if only I could use my (admittedly borrowed) Latias team...Latias is <3

Back
Top Bottom