• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 2 [TOWN WIN]

Re: Fandom Mafia 2 (Game in Progress)

Aliens should end up innocent upon death, so it's possible that res, Butterfree, or Maimi could have been the alien.

I'm not inclined to believe that any of them are the alien, as Walter White and Katara (from what I found from a cursory wiki-glance; I don't breaking bad or avatar) don't seem like alieny roles (also Butterfree was "coming back from a drug deal") and Kyubey/res was implied to have a night action in flavor ("on its way to corrupt children").

regarding your oracular results. Well shit we're screwed if we don't get info because 4 mafiosi = in two to three nights town will lose. Although there's the possibility that you're paranoid oracle (?!?) and you're being lied to, but that's unlikely.

Remember, "nothing is canon". Then again, with an Espurr being able to use telepathy to ask the GM a question every night (according to my role's description, at any rate), Walter White selling drugs, and Kyubey on its way to corrupt children, I'm not so sure about that. Hmm...

Also, I seriously doubt I'm a paranoid oracle. It's not the same as inspector; I ask a question and the GM answers it. It's not just a result my character finds for themself. Unless Espurr has a seriously skewed perceptive of words, I doubt that the answer would be altered in any shape or form.

But the facts still stand. An alien was activated, there must still be a vig (on account of the whole "res being stabbed in the head" thing), and there are four mafia within the game. What should we do?

Well, it's a sticky situation because the mafia don could just role claim vig. But unless someone else is a regular or inverted inspector, there's no real way of confirming any alliances.

True.

Hmm... Alright, so we know the following:

• There are four mafia members, or possibly three, give or take the possibly dead alien, and the answer I got never went into specifics on whether it's just four in the game itself or four currently alive or what.
  • The mafia is active. There has only been one night without a death, and that was n0, in which an alien was activated. Which leads me to:
  • We may or may not have an activated alien among us. Which is infuriating, considering we kind of need to survive. All of us, when dealing with an alien. Mafia, whoever you targeted during n0, target them again. It'll be a win-win for both of us for the moment.
  • There's a vigilante. But there's no proof that res's death was due to a vig, despite there being a knife. That doesn't mean a vig didn't kill it; they might have, they might not have. The point stands, knife as the flavor text does not automatically mean vig.
  • Someone has to have started the whole bomb thing. When I got it, n0 was over with, and it was "passed onto" me. Ergo, for something to be passed to me, someone must've done the passing. But who? And why me, of all people?
  • Flavor text is important. It might actually help us figure out who killed who.

This brings me to a theory; Maimi's explodling was relevent in that "The Bomb" went kabaam on her. Butterfree's death mentioned her being on her way to a drug deal, which is what Walter White does on Breaking Bad, right? And with res as Kyubey on its way to corrupt children, I think you get the point.

So, I say we all claim our characters. You don't have to tell your roles or alignments (unless you're mafia, in which case, go ahead!), but maybe if we have the characters figured out, we'll be closer to finding out who the mafia are.

We may or may not have an activated alien among us. Which is infuriating, considering we kind of need to survive. All of us, when dealing with an alien. Mafia, whoever you targeted during n0, target them again. It'll be a win-win for both of us for the moment.

[...]

So, I say we all claim our characters. You don't have to tell your roles or alignments (unless you're mafia, in which case, go ahead!), but maybe if we have the characters figured out, we'll be closer to finding out who the mafia are.

I'm fairly sure that alien is a third party nonbinary-alignment role, neither town nor mafia, but VM might GM stuff differently than what I'm used to (I usually play irl with friends). Also Mafia doesn't want a win/win situation, it wants a win/loss situation in which town loses, as having a win/win would possibly jeopardize their chances of winning the game.

As for character, I'm Professor Layton, from (gasp) Professor Layton.

The sign up thread had VM state that he treated alien as innocent upon death.

Which is why I said for the moment. Unless this game seriously deviates from the norm, the goal for the mafia faction is to outnumber the innocents, while the innocents must get rid of all the mafia and still stay alive. Obviously, neither can be achieved if we have an alien wanting to suck our brains out. Get rid of the common enemy, and then back to feuding or whatever.

I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I'm Kirby. My role is to copy other people's roles. Permanently. More specifically, the first person to die. I can thus confirm that Butterfree was a roleblocker. Which I did try to hint at earlier.

Last night, having been given this power, I chose to roleblock...res. Not sure what corrupting children would have been, but I know that I stopped it from doing so. I don't /think/ I was involved with the murder.

...who is particularly inactive? I don't think we should abstain today.

I may have been a tad bit misleading with the flavor text, so I'm just going to say it.

The part about res "corrupting children" is somewhat superfluous information. It's not so much indicative of the role as it is the character itself.

Preston Marlowe - Battlefield Bad Company

Some probability role about healing myself. I haven't used it yet.

I would also like to point out that I hope VM did not make four Mafia roles, because that is already a little over 25% and a big advantage to the Mafia. Maybe millers or the alien(s?)

So corrupting kids is not res's role? Well that's.... depressing. All of our (albeit not solid) leads got flushed. Is Kyubey a mafia donish character, those with knowledge of its fandom?

If we go based on what DarkAura has, that means that we have a Vig and (possibly) an Activated Alien. Treading carefully, with all Innocent deaths prior to this, and assuming that DA is a sane oracle.

Piecing back to Butterfree's death, methamphetamine causes side-effects which would hinder the person taking the drug to be unable to act with regularity, which explains the role-blocking ability.

Katara might have been a healer/doctor. If I remember the show right, didn't Katara have the ability to use her water-bending to heal (minor?) wounds?

As for Kyubey, I am at a loss. I've never seen, nor heard much about that fandom. However, isn't Kyubey also known for granting wishes in return for a contract? Cultist might not be too far out of the question.

Oh, yea. I am France from Hetalia. Nothing special.

Just for quick reference, here's the list of claims (though some may not be true):

Flora: Vanilla, possibly uninformed Miller
Majora:
I liek Squirtles:
Superbird: Kirby, current Roleblocker
Maimi: Katara, possible healer (but I'm convinced that we have more than one healer who heals others)
Whirlpool:
hopeandjoy: Dick Gumshoe, inspector, possibly paranoid
Ether's Bane: Mabel Pines, Vanilla
Wargle: Preston Marlow, heals thyself with a probability
Zexion: France
1. Luftballon: Kyubey
DarkAura: Espurr, Oracle
Butterfree: Walter White, original Roleblocker
Dar:
Alligates: Professor Layton

I miiiight be missing a few details for this list.

@Superbird: No, voting for inactives would be completely unproductive. Deaths have been happening every night save for the one where the alien was activated. I'm pretty sure the mafia is anything but inactive.

We can't just keep abstaining, everyone. So, Flora.

See, VM treats aliens as mafia upon activation, and innocent upon death. hopeandjoy, when you inspected res, he came up as mafia, correct? That was before he died. Before the alien died. Maybe you're actually a cop that's sane, so maybe the inspections on Flora and Ether's Bane were actually correct.

Yes, this is all from the assumption that res was the activated alien (who possibly had a watcher role?) and that hopeandjoy may not be a paranoid cop. But this is the safest risk we could take. If we lynch her and she's innocent, we'll only be losing a Vanilla townie. But if she's mafia, whoo, go us!

We could also try lynching Ether's Bane, but Flora's alibi seems shadier (uninformed miller is either really improbable, or really bastard), and if we go by the possibility that res was a watcher alien, then it mentioned that two people targeted it on n0: hopeandjoy, and Flora.

Why would voting inactives be unproductive? Not because I'm for it, I just don't understand the reasoning.

VM told us that alien flips innocent upon death. He didn't say anything about them turning up mafia when they're still alive by an inforole. That, or we have a terrorist on our hands. The information we have points towards this last one, though. The terrorist is probably Mafia aligned, but is a third party entity by itself, kinda like how res was third party but flips innocent on death.

I'm Commander Strax, from Doctor Who. He was a Sontaran commander who was forced to serve as a nurse, and since his people are very war-like, it's a huge punishment for him. He serves an interspecies lesbian couple as their butler/nurse. I'm a Bodyguard; I can protect one player from being killed, but I, in turn, get killed if that player is targeted.

To the players of the first Fandom Mafia, is it normal for it to be really bastard?

If the mafia are active, why would the inactives be the ones to be lynched? Lynching an inactive would be completely pointless and would probably leave us down an innocent. We'd be taking a risk either way, but there's a better chance that an active player is mafia than an innocent.

Terrorist? No, didn't you see my post where I roleclaimed. Maimi's death was indirectly my fault, since I passed "The Bomb" to her and it went bwoosh on her. But that still doesn't explain who originally had the bomb. In which case, there actually might be a terrorist who orchestrated this. Huh.

I feel like i need to elaborate on my role. The probability lies entirely in my choices. I have the Auto-Injector from Bad Co 1. In-game, it heals you to 100% health when used. In mafia, it has three uses. If I use it and I'm attacked, I don't die. But if I use it and I'm not attcked, nothing happens, but I waste a use. that's what I mean by probability. I haven't used it yet.

Assuming no one roleclaimed falsely, the possible terrorist has to be one of the following people:

-Majora
-Whirlpool
-Dar

Majora has been barely active at all recently. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not the terrorist. There's still a small chance that he could've still logged on to send his action, thoughHowever, Whirlpool and Dar have been suspiciously silent (or is it just a knee-jerk reaction?).

Yes, it's not me. I'm Freddie Mercury, the kick-ass mayor. Rest assured, I'm not blowing any of you up. Well, not phyiscally, anyway.

I do, however, agree that it is either Whirlpool or Dar (obviously). Time can only tell which one it is (obviously again). They are both awfully quiet...

Yes, it's not me. I'm Freddie Mercury, the kick-ass mayor. Rest assured, I'm not blowing any of you up. Well, not phyiscally, anyway.

I do, however, agree that it is either Whirlpool or Dar (obviously). Time can only tell which one it is (obviously again). They are both awfully quiet...
Which fandom is that? Is there a Queen game that I don't know about? Or is it not limited to games?

Back
Top Bottom