• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fandom Mafia 4 [Game]

Yep, it makes the night end early, and renders any night actions sent in after I send in that one null and void, including mafia kills. Since we can't really afford to lose any more town, the mafia were probably going to kill me tonight cause I'm a wild card, and we need all the time we can get... well, you get the picture.

frick ok that was scary to wake up to, we really can't afford to lose more town. that was a good call!

So, um, seeing as how an opportunity like this really won't come again, what should we do today?

Timing based powers? Such the swing.

Well, I'm not really sure about the claim that "we can't lose any more innocents" -- worst case scenario, we're still three players ahead of their bare minimum win condition. At least, I guess it is plain to see the mafia isn't very interested in playing properly right now, if that poisoning was in lieu of a regular nightkill.

Anyways; we should probably lynch, and let's see. Our suspect list right now is narrowed to JackPK, DarkAura, Stryke, Faorzia and MD. Styrke seems unlikely to be one of the proper targets, although the possibility remains. If we assume he's innocent, and if we assume the worst as for mafia's remaining numbers, we have four possibilities, out of which three are scum -- that makes a 75% chance to hit the right one. With those odds, and with our current lead, we could honestly randomlynch, although I'd consider that a last resort.

If our mystery cop is still alive, now would be a good time for them to chime in; any clears would help to keep the list narrow and the odds ever better. But I guess there's a good chance that that was Dazel, in which case, fuck everything.

I don't think we need a massclaim right now, though -- and frankly, I'd really rather not reveal my role at this point. My odds of survival are bad enough with the clear.

For what it's worth, since MF is our only definite innocent at this point, if we do decide to do a random lynch, he should be the one to randomly select. If anybody else picks, there's a decent chance it'll be a mafioso intentionally picking a townie under the guise of "randomness."

Also, yeah, I'm assuming Dazel is a typo?

Anyways; we should probably lynch, and let's see. Our suspect list right now is narrowed to JackPK, DarkAura, Stryke, Faorzia and MD.

since MF is our only definite innocent at this point,

Um, aren't you forgetting when I was killed by Wargle and showed up as innocent? I think it's reasonably safe to assume I'm in the clear. Anyway, I guess what I meant by "we can't afford to lose anymore town" is "the mafia is picking us off left and right and we don't know how to stop it before it gets bad."

Oh, yeah, I did forget that! I guess somehow I had mixed up you and ILS. I was thinking of the fact that he had been strongly implied but not explicitly confirmed innocent by resurrecting you and Autumn.

So yeah, if we decide to random lynch, either you or MF should pick.

Wait, what? MF is a definite innocent!? But... but that can't be...! How are we going to justify lynching him now? Hehehe!

Anyway! Random lynch could work, the odds are probably in our favor. And besides, it doesn't seem like any new information is going to surface, so it's not like we have many other options. There's massclaim, I guess, but MF has already said he doesn't like that idea, so.

(in case you're actually confused about things, check page seven! our super duper possibly dead mystery inspector cleared MF.)

hoooooold up, lynch train. inspector here

nira flipped innocent last night when i inspected them

(other results: first night superbird flipped innocent, second night i got no result from mf (this was the night with no death. maybe there was also some jailkeeping going on? idk), third night i checked mf again and found he's innocent, too)

also I'm good either way, massclaim or random lynch, but it looks like we're going to pray to the rng today?

So that really only leaves four choices, right? With Stryke and MF being basically confirmed inno and Autumn already confirmed as third party, that just leaves JackPK, Faorzia, MD and me. Not counting myself and assuming there's only two mafia left, that's a solid 2/3 chance to lynch a scum.

ofc there's always the possibility that our mystery inspector was really just mafia that wanted to protect MF and took advantage of the anonymity to do so, but I can't imagine a gamble like that working if the actual inspector was alive.

dazel? :o

Also, yeah, I'm assuming Dazel is a typo?
I meant Nira who goes by like 365894692 different usernames in different places and times.

And oh, yeah, I was under the impression Stryke was clear but thought I was just confusing it with him having a practically confirmed roleclaim. So that really does gives us 75% on a randomlynch, or 50% if we're not in that much trouble (and if we aren't, we can afford to mislynch).

I meant Nira who goes by like 365894692 different usernames in different places and times.

ohhhhh

ofc there's always the possibility that our mystery inspector was really just mafia that wanted to protect MF and took advantage of the anonymity to do so, but I can't imagine a gamble like that working if the actual inspector was alive.

That's an intriguing idea. It would be ballsy to claim inspector and risk getting counterclaimed, but if the mafia decided to try it anyway and the inspector happened to have been dead already... they might have gotten lucky and sent us down a dead end.

Let me think this through for a moment. Everyone still alive has posted since MF asked the mystery inspector to come out (well, everyone except Autumn), and no one's claimed. So if none of us admit to being the inspector, what are the remaining possibilities?

> Mystery inspector is real, and still alive, but is keeping silent for some reason (this is probably a stupid decision on their part if this is true)
> Mystery inspector is someone still alive (or Wargle, I guess?) who was lying about being an inspector — probably a mafioso trying to help out their buddy MF, but I guess other convoluted possibilities could exist. Regardless of who or why, this would definitely cast doubt on the claim's credibility
> Mystery inspector was really Nira. Either he was an actual inspector and added his own name into his results to get himself off the block, or else he was making the inspector claim up entirely. Again, this would cast doubt on whether Nira really knew MF was innocent or was just throwing out a random name to appear credible
> Mystery inspector was Flora, which seems unlikely since she hasn't made any other posts here since the first day phase.

I can't think of any other possibilities, since no one but Nira, Flora and Wargle (who was mafia) have died since the inspector spoke. Alarmingly, many of these possibilities cast doubt on the credibility of the "innocent" result for MF. He may be innocent anyway, but at this point, if the mystery inspector doesn't speak up, I'm not sure we can trust that they were really an inspector.

So unless the mystery inspector decides to speak up, now I'm thinking that if we decide to random-lynch, we should have Stryke randomize it, with MF included among us.

So, are we random-lynching today? Cause I can't really guarantee if I'll be around to pick the lucky lynchee tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom