• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Feedback wanted: Style requests

I currently use either Mew style or Butterfree style, but two things.

1. I miss Joltik Style
and
2. Can we have a Galar Gym Stadium Style.
Or better yet, a custom style picker where we can put in our own colors, fonts for the logo and pokemon to be featured up in the top. That would be pretty cool, but probably very hard to make.

COOkfEd.png

Possible concept for Galar Stadium style? Obviously it would look different when it's actually made but maybe something like this.

I really like Roar of Time style for being a sort of "dark mode", but I'm finding several occasions lately where folks using light mode will hard-code their text as black-colored instead of letting it default to the style's default (example 1, example 2). Is it possible to get a style that's dark, but not a totally black background, so black text will still show up on it? Or alternatively, is it possible to make Roar of Time style forcibly override hard-coded black text to be something not black?

I really like Roar of Time style for being a sort of "dark mode", but I'm finding several occasions lately where folks using light mode will hard-code their text as black-colored instead of letting it default to the style's default (example 1, example 2). Is it possible to get a style that's dark, but not a totally black background, so black text will still show up on it? Or alternatively, is it possible to make Roar of Time style forcibly override hard-coded black text to be something not black?
Hmm, I'm not sure that's easy to do, not without just disabling font color BBCodes altogether - the BBCode just gets rendered as a span with an explicit inline font color style, which can't be overridden by the style's CSS. It does suck if people inadvertently color some text black, though. It's hard to say exactly what could reasonably be done about it.

Oh, huh, !important does override inline styles. I was very sure it did not!

All styles will now override any post text of the same color as the background color with the style's regular text color.

Unfortunately, JackPK's second example is text that's dark but not quite black. I don't think there's a sensible way to catch that.

Is there really much use for actually changing the color of text in posts? If it’s easy to just disable it, that sounds like it’s the quickest way to solve the problem.

Maybe y’all use color coding in mafia or something?

Maybe we should send an envoy to the CSS working group to lobby them for regex selectors :P
Wouldn't really help here; a regex can't match "numbers sufficiently close to these other numbers", let alone sensibly taking into account how the numbers scale differently when high vs low.

Color-coding is used in mafia, yeah.

I guess it's probably too much work to limit colours to a palette that gets set for each style?

honestly I didn't know that when switching the text back, you have to click the little eraser instead of picking black. so like, in the meantime while maybe some sort of technical solution is made, ppl can just spread the info to whoever it's relevant to (like gms)

Back
Top Bottom