• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light

Leaf deals non-elemental damage, Lux boosts all stats and adds Regen (don't think it adds ProShell after all).

Status update!

Yunita Lv72 Hero (Bladeblitz, Reckless, Wrath, Finale)
Aire Lv72 White Mage (Cure, Esuna, Arise, Lux, Healthgiver, Miracle)
Brandt Lv72 Mystic Fencer (Mystic Sword, Magic Thwart, Magic Infuse, Waterga, Firaga, Aeroga)
Jusqua Lv72 Black Mage (Blizzaga, Firaga, Quaga, Leafaga, Desolator, Spell Focus)

In the final dungeon now. It is... really ridiculous. You have to fight the big boss demons you recently fought at each town again. The catch? All your jobs are locked upon entry. You unlock 3/4 jobs after each demon you defeat. That said, you're stuck with Freelancers for the first fight. I ended up doing flying-snake-head thing Guera turns into first. Belphegor second, Leviathan third, Lucifer fourth. Ice Queen fifth. Just fought Satan, though, and got throttled.

Last edited:
okay guys Satan/Beelzebub (second time) and Chaos are really fucking crazy ; ; guess I'll need to farm gems until I can max out all my equipment upgrades

Just got the game. It really -is- difficult. The fact that you can't run away from tough battles until after you've beaten the first major boss just ups the ante. I died so many times before then ._. Stupid Lizardmen and their Bladeblitz.

Still enjoying it greatly so far, though.

Finally got my copy in the mail today, and I got to say that it is really fun. I'm up to the part with Jusqua and Aire. I was having trouble with the pirate boss and so I explored the area for level grinding, and I came across Urbeth. Upgraded my equipment and I'm going back to face the boss right now.

My heroes of light atm
Jusqua - Lv. 13, Black Mage (Magic Mojo, Spell Focus, Fire, Water, Aero, Cure)
Aire - Lv 13 White Mage (Healthgiver, Cure, Water, Fire)

A few things I really like so far:

-Battles are quick and painless. Auto-targeting is godly, since the game pulls it off well.
-Plot is simple but I like simple stories every now and then
-Very neat way to upgrade weapons and crowns
-Massively looking forward to renaming spells later on in the game. <3

I just beat 6/7 of the demon's, in order: Belphegor, Mammon, Asmodeus, Leviathan, Beelzebub, Lucifer, and going after I believe Greaps 2, Doppelgangers and Satan..

^ Where is it that you change the name of spells? Does it change ability names as well?

^ Where is it that you change the name of spells? Does it change ability names as well?
To quote from Gamefaqs, "You may or may not need the dragon to fly there, but its a small blue tower-like building on the western side of the map, close to the south-west end of Invidia, the Ice-covered dragonier village. It looks like a cave once you go inside but there's a ninja looking guy in there who renames your spells."

I've yet to do that yet, however.

ANYWAYS STATUS UPDATE. Just got my party altogether for once and I'm about to fight Rolan.

My team atm:C
Brandt - Level 19, Ranger (Cure, Target)
Jusqua - Level 20, Black Mage (Spell Focus, Blizzard, Fira, Water, Aero, Cure)
Yunita - Level 20, Fighter (Combat, Cure, Raise, Fire)
Aire - Level 23, Aire (Healthgiver, Cure, Cura, Shell, Protect, Banish)

Brandt - Lvl 34, Hero (Reckless, Bladeblitz, Wrath, Finale, Cure)
Jusqua - Lvl 33, Elementalist (Augment, Amplify, Mysterio, Cure, Fire)
Yunita - Lvl 33, White Mage (Healthgiver, Lifegiver, Cure, Cura, Raise, Lux)
Aire - Lvl 34, Black Mage (Magic Mojo, Spell Focus, Mirror, Magic Might, Fira, Blizzara)

Black Mage (Magic Mojo + Spell Focus + Magic Might) + Elementalist (Augment + Amplify) = Destruction over practically everything. I've recently been trying to experiment with Paladins and Dancers as well, as the boss guarding the Lamp of Truth is probably the hardest battle I've fought so far.

^ That's pretty interesting, I think I did see that tower while going on my world tour. Time for a visit straight after the boss.

Last edited:
Everyone's 99 now, beat Beelzebub v2, still got throttled by Satan :| Still working on equipment upgrades, almost unlocked the Ninja job.

What is the preferred jobs for everyone?
Brandt is moreso a physical fighter with crappy magic stats, so jobs that focus on attack at the sacrifice of magic stats are okay for him.

Jusqua focuses on Intellect, so Black Mage is usually the way to go, but since it isn't NECESSARY to have a Black Mage, he can always be a support unit.

Yunita has balanced stats, so anything goes for her. I set her up on physical job classes, but usually if I need to have someone of a certain job for a boss or something, I have her be that job because she can fit into any job comfortably.

Aire has a higher Spirit stat, so the White Mage job class is perfect to her. She can also work well as a support unit or Black Mage, but I don't suggest setting her as a physical unit unless you're flying solo with her, like in Arbor.

ANYWAYS STATUS UPDATE.

I spent an hour or two today gem grinding to update weapons/armor/crowns. I also fought Beelzebub, the dude in Guera, and the demon in Gulug. The guy in Guera was difficult, but setting Aire as a Bard and using the stat boosting song was a lifesaver. The boss in Gulug was moreso tedious than anything else. After getting Lux, Beelzebub was insanely easy. Once my DS charges up again, I think I'll head to either Horne, Liberte, or Invidia.

My team ATM:
Brandt - Lv. 50 - Ranger (Target, Snipe, Covering Fire, Smashing Blow, Cure, Berserk)
Jusqua - Lv. 50 - Black Mage (Spell Focus, Blizzara, Water, Firaga, Cure, Leafra)
Yunita - Lv. 50 - Fighter (Combat, Jugular, Chakra, Cura, Fira, Raise)
Aire - Lv. 51 - White Mage (Healthgiver, Lifegiver, Cure, Cura, Lux, Water)

-Since you earn battle points normally through the game, you can purchase WiFi stuff without actually having to use the WiFi features. That's how I got a Growth Egg my first time around in Arbor. I've had it equipped on Aire ever since, which is why my levels are so high. Gotta say, it makes grinding a breeze, since I think the monsters level up with you.

-Really liking the Ranger class on Brandt. Lots of damage to the back row without need of magic, and with Target you can never miss.

-Lux is game breaking for me right now. The whole reason the last boss was so easy was because Lux boosted all of my stats. Loving it loving it!

You also find a Growth Egg in the last Ice Cavern thing iirc. Also it's not WiFi, just local, unfortunately. I've played co-op with my sister some.

Is it possible to get the Musician crown without using Wi-Fi? If so, what are that crown's abilities?
Yeah, its possible. Throughout the game, through regular battles and boss battles, you earn "Battle Points". Once you have 2500 points (I think), go to the WiFi store in Liberte and buy the Music Score.

The Musician is kind of like the Bard's long lost twin or something to that extent. When you have a Musician and a Bard on the same team, the Musician's stats increase (and maybe the Bard's too, I'm not sure). The Musician has one ability that casts Regen on everyone, one that increases speed, one that increases magic power, and one the increases attack, magic attack, and speed as well as casting Regen on everyone.

Is it better than the Bard?
I don't know. I guess it depends on your personal preference with abilities and stats and the like. Once you get Lux though, the Bard and Musician are both pretty much obsolete though.

ANYWAYS ANOTHER STATUS UPDATE FOR MOI.

Since I had a day off from school today, the game distracted me from doing anything else. I saved the rest of the world and stuff and spent about 2 hours gem grinding. I upgraded my equipment too. I gave three people an armor that has high defense and magic defense that also has an HP+20% bonus, and upgraded it, plus I maxed out everyone's weapons as well. I went through about 40 floors of the first bonus tower, then I just said "screw this" and beat a boss from the final dungeon. It was the cube dude, whats-his-name. He was surprisingly easy with the Freelancer job, but with Desolator and Lux, every boss is really easy.

Also, kudos to the Growth Egg, I must say. Without doing any level grinding (unless you count gem grinding as such), my team is now level 92. Woohoo!

Annnndddd crowns and character stats:

Brandt - Ranger - (Target, Snipe, Covering Fire, Smashing Blow)
Jusqua - Black Mage (Spell Focus, Leafra, Fira, Firaga, Blizzard, Desolator)
Aire - White Mage - (Healthgiver, Lifegiver, Cure, Cura, Lux, Esuna)

Yunita is kind of a jack-of-all-trades for me. The only abilities she has consistently are Cura and Raise. I tend to switch her between Fighter and Paladin, but I've also had her in the Spell Fencer and Dark Fencer crowns as well. She essentially conforms to whatever I want.

I also got Brandt ready to go as a Hero whenever I want to use a Hero, but thus far I've seen no need for it. He does sufficient damage as a Ranger atm.

Back
Top Bottom