• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

dw Keldeo I wouldn't have gone out in this limb if I wasn't super super convinced that Seshas is a mysterious informant. I haven't been wrong about a mech read yet...!

@ qva: oh hmm maybe I need to reread your posts about the vote. I was probably a bit distracted by seeing red or whatever. So what were your thoughts on the whole infiltration thing?

Personally, I'm leaning towards Seshas as a MI, because the information and phrasing of having the "mafia pull the strings" sounds like information given to an MI, based on Eifie saying that "there were some mysterious informant hints that seemed basically useless". I was under the impression that more of them were like IndigoEmmy's based on my (admittedly brief) skim through the original thread.

It also kind of feels like Seshas was using the information to legitimately try and piece together some claims about who to be suspicious about early in the game (as in, like the first few pages). It just feels like a towny thing to do? I've never played with Seshas before, so I have no clue how he usually plays.

Hmm, what was your purpose in drawing the comparison with IndigoEmmy, then? The wording of your first post that I quoted seemed a little skeptical of Seshas - did your opinion change during the conversation?

dw Keldeo I wouldn't have gone out in this limb if I wasn't super super convinced that Seshas is a mysterious informant. I haven't been wrong about a mech read yet...!
😁

Tell me how you feel about rari_teh? My eyes are kinda glazing over and I might put off focused rereading until tomorrow but I feel like they've been playing alright (in an alignment sense) given this is their first game.

I think most of them were more like IndigoEmmy's and then there was the random-ass Genre-Savvy one that I don't think anyone could make heads nor tails of.

My opinion did change after Eifie pointed out the one genre savvy clue given in the previous game. I was skeptical at first because I was purely drawing a comparison to IndigoEmmy's MI information and was running under the assumption that MIs had clues more along the lines of hers.

Hmm, what was your purpose in drawing the comparison with IndigoEmmy, then? The wording of your first post that I quoted seemed a little skeptical of Seshas - did your opinion change during the conversation?

😁

Tell me how you feel about rari_teh? My eyes are kinda glazing over and I might put off focused rereading until tomorrow but I feel like they've been playing alright (in an alignment sense) given this is their first game.

I was actually literally thinking like 5 minutes ago while pretending to sleep that I like their posts a lot, and then started worrying that I'm just doing the thing of reading everyone who posts a lot to be town. I mean it's certainly enough to earn them a couple day passes from be barring any mech info to the contrary.

There aren't any particular posts that I can think of to point to, just like, a general "body of work" sorta thing.

Hehehe, I also like your posts a lot :3

There’s nobody who’s currently very high in my suspicions as of now, but I won’t deny there’s a couple of people out there that gave me some mafia vibes

Could you tell me more?
Well… I won’t deny, for like 50% of the time I’ve been here I was pretty sure you were mafia. I don’t remember exactly what post first made me think that, but… lately I’ve been reassessing that evaluation. Not entirely convinced either way.

And Mawile. I also don’t quite remember what was it (I should really have taken better notes), but something seems off (sorry!). Those are more gut feelings than actual readings, anyway.

Then there’s the wide majority which I’ve never been quite sold on one way or the other, of course.

Thanks! It's fair to have gut feelings right now, I'd appreciate hearing a bit more about your reasoning if you get a chance.

I feel like a lot of people have mentioned doubts about Keldeo, so I'm interested to hear what they're seeing. I kind of expected more people to be townreading him.

@kokorico I'm interested in hearing about your half a scumread! idc if you think it's silly or whatever, tell us about it.
I feel like a lot of people have mentioned doubts about Keldeo, so I'm interested to hear what they're seeing. I kind of expected more people to be townreading him.

Well, maybe I can help there!

My impressions pretty much exactly match rari_teh's. The tentative feeling I was unsure about sharing was that Keldeo was coming off as mafia to me. The posts since last night are starting to shift my opinion the other way, but the jury's still out.

My reasoning was that most of his posts so far, excluding tomfoolery, consisted of things that were nominally useful to town and came across as him trying to be helpful, but actually provided little new information or insight and didn't require a great deal of effort to come up with. Things like explaining mechanics and TCoD meta to new players, voting for inactive players to prod them into talking (without tagging them??), asking other people about their reads (including, once, on himself!) and summarising the town's hypotheses or collating them into lists.

He freely volunteered his reads in #65, at the top of #125, and again in #244, but other than that I don't recall seeing any actual new contributions, except last night when he voiced his support for IndigoEmmy. Though even that wasn't exactly enormously useful - I agree with everyone else who's spoken that she's highly unlikely to be pulling a fast one.

Standard disclaimer: I don't know any of you, and have zero mafia experience on TCoD and not much anywhere else. Take my analysis with a pinch of salt.

something something hero syndrome

i don’t really want to get into the weeds too much on this bc this minor lean is not a hill i want to die on but by his own admission seshas has information that he has not expressed yet (“i would be more precise but”)
This was because I wasn't sure whether I could quote my rolecard in this particular instance

i have to be honest i’m not really sure what level of substance is to be expected from anyone right now. keldeo has made some useful posts—prodding and collating are useful, and also just how he plays—and that’s a lot more than like half the member list has done at this point. that seems like a really weird thing to scum read him for to me, why not do the same to like the half dozen people who have actually barely posted

this probably seems like a really sudden reversal but after sleeping on it i’m pretty much ready to take that at face value seshas lol

in particular i think eif’s example of a basically useless MI tidbit from the previous game is changing my mind more than anything

unvote

how do you you feel about my push on you though

I'll make an actual post later but, hehe, one thing people always suspect Keldeo for is for asking so many questions :p I'm actually grateful that he's been doing it for me tbh.

jeeeeesus my brain cannot keep up with this thread, most of our games didn't have half as many posts as this in their entirety. I think social media has puréed my brain and made it where I don't have the attention span for this kind of thing anymore.

I guess I won't mind if i do get offed right away. In fact, oh yeah, I forgot to mention another part of my role: I learn the name of all the mafia members on N1, and I also have unlimited daytime vigilante kills. Would be a real shame if something were to happen to me tonight~

Back
Top Bottom