• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

ok! that's totally fair honestly, ty for putting it into perspective for me tbh

what i will say though is that, like. i'm not going to lie, i'm slightly distrustful of this motivation
but rather wanting to keep players in who intended on actually playing the game, and lynching players who didn't
when others have cited it and i kind of think it sounds a bit like an easy cop-out to drag people away because it can substitute for a lack of town-establishing evidence, which maybe worsened my view

i know that what i said doesn't work in my exact post (since it was about ILS). i just do not like that in and of itself

alright, so, before I fall too far behind the present discussion, I'll share what I've found up until about page 50:

I understand that there is weight in analysing the death of Jack and the circumstances in the obituary, since it is seemingly relevant based on the past game, but it is a bit unstimulating and I don't really see how that catches scum?
the farfetch'd dude seems town because i get those vibes.

I have only played with Keldeo once I think and he was scum. Maybe he is similar here but too little data.
I am a bit suspicious of Eifie for starting and talking about the N1 post and the circumstances about Jack so much and I am a bit surprised that she hasn't complained about my inactivity

But that sounds like silly things to scum read someone for tbh
(a/n: he reneged on that FoS at Eifie just a few posts later because she did ping him)
Why did you abstain from wanting to say who you were/are suspicious of?
(was aimed at Keldeo)
thats why i am not giving him a town read atm tbh
thing is, i feel like eifie would get Keldeo if he is scum and she is town. So yeah.
so yeah, I don't know if he's going to flip the switch on that later, but as far as I am in this search, boquise was pretty vocal about FoSing Keldeo; maybe it's the confirmation bias getting to me, but also, it's not a fantastic look on the people who've been lowkey pocketing him, is it? I think kyeugh's been at it and maybe Eifie a little but my memory on this matter is kind of a blur; maybe that's gonna have to be a third thing to investigate

anyways, anyways, current subjects!
  • as for why VM wasn't targeted, I do think the far simplest explanation is that the mob expected him to be protected, even with one healer down. I'd say this lends additional credence to the theory that there were three doctors running around, and one was quite possibly scum
  • who's posted their cop covers yet? I think Eifie did but I don't know if anyone else did, and it's frustratingly topical despite that I was really hoping not to have to post mine very early

final thing: that logic is also inconsistent when she avoided an odie lynch. but. maybe i'm just. really ?!?!?! about everyone who i felt added unnecessary chaos to EoD which is pretty much just negrek and RNP. also neg mostly sidestepped the otter discussion while peripherally mentioning it, which makes me (and yes, this is a reach) go 🤔 was it a ploy to get us away from otter?!?! but that's awk territory for me, who sort of likes otter rn.

(again, this doesn't really promote evil!neg, just possibly-oddly-interested-in-distraction!neg)

basically lol sorry maybe this was also a slight waste of reading time, but that's my out-on-a-limb theory for the night

who's posted their cop covers yet? I think Eifie did but I don't know if anyone else did, and it's frustratingly topical despite that I was really hoping not to have to post mine very early
eifie and rari!

two's better than one I guess!

what I think my results are telling me is that Mawile (n0) and Negrek (n1) are both town.

i'm still writing my thing but i have some reasons to believe that eifie is actually a legit cop (also rari has hypocopped and mentioned their read once in early thread and again recently, and their read coincides with eifie's mr. ultracool green)
That doesn’t necessarily make sense? If I’m not mistaken, Eifie and I were not the only ones to give hypo reads on d1, and I didn’t even hypo on d2 because really what’s the point if only two people do it

mostly just the doctors, which i assume kill their targets when/if they clash
Isn’t that true of any two doctors in pretty much every mafia game? I’m pretty sure I read that in the rules sticky

That doesn’t necessarily make sense? If I’m not mistaken, Eifie and I were not the only ones to give hypo reads on d1, and I didn’t even hypo on d2 because really what’s the point if only two people do it
ftr my "some reasons" != the parenthetical clause.

i think the only other hypo that i can recall was kyeugh and fsr i read it as a meme when she did

what doesn't make sense?

alright, so, before I fall too far behind the present discussion, I'll share what I've found up until about page 50:
[some posts]
i'm not sure where i stand on this but thought i'd throw this post in there, which stands out in my memory but it doesn't seem you've included unless i'm just glossing over it

so yeah, I don't know if he's going to flip the switch on that later, but as far as I am in this search, boquise was pretty vocal about FoSing Keldeo; maybe it's the confirmation bias getting to me, but also, it's not a fantastic look on the people who've been lowkey pocketing him, is it? I think kyeugh's been at it and maybe Eifie a little but my memory on this matter is kind of a blur; maybe that's gonna have to be a third thing to investigate
are you saying i'm pocketing keldeo? or being pocketed by keldeo? i'm not sure what you mean here

anyways, anyways, current subjects!
  • as for why VM wasn't targeted, I do think the far simplest explanation is that the mob expected him to be protected, even with one healer down. I'd say this lends additional credence to the theory that there were three doctors running around, and one was quite possibly scum
  • who's posted their cop covers yet? I think Eifie did but I don't know if anyone else did, and it's frustratingly topical despite that I was really hoping not to have to post mine very early
agree on the first point. cop cover: n0 green keldeo, n1 green stryke

I haven't really been able to keep up with the discussion but uhh, I inherited the role White Mage. Seems like your standard doctor role but the flavor also hints towards there being some other kind of doctor that heals using technology.

The fact I didn't get Deadly Doctor is what interests me more. I guess it either means Negrek was lying, or I got ILS' role because Jack was actually mafia?

I will respond to actual discussion later, but can we not do the cop cover thing? I get that it's supposed to give us reliable alignment reads if the cop dies before they can claim, but we are not going to know when the cop dies. I don't see it doing anything for us outside of helping narrow down who's an actual cop for the mafia.

Unless I'm missing something! But if I'm understanding the strategy correctly, it seems like something that makes sense in a game where roles are revealed on death but which is Bad for a setup like this.

I haven't really been able to keep up with the discussion but uhh, I inherited the role White Mage. Seems like your standard doctor role but the flavor also hints towards there being some other kind of doctor that heals using technology.

The fact I didn't get Deadly Doctor is what interests me more. I guess it either means Negrek was lying, or I got ILS' role because Jack was actually mafia?
it's ok. it's speedy. thanks for claiming. guessing the tech flavor is just to stay consistent with emmy's MI intel?

but uh. big Hrmmmmm. about the second sentence

I will respond to actual discussion later, but can we not do the cop cover thing? I get that it's supposed to give us reliable alignment reads if the cop dies before they can claim, but we are not going to know when the cop dies. I don't see it doing anything for us outside of helping narrow down who's an actual cop for the mafia.

Unless I'm missing something! But if I'm understanding the strategy correctly, it seems like something that makes sense in a game where roles are revealed on death but which is Bad for a setup like this.
as long as you're alive we will probably know when the cop dies

are you saying i'm pocketing keldeo? or being pocketed by keldeo? i'm not sure what you mean here
that you're pocketing him, but you did just volunteer an additional boquise FoS from farther ahead in the thread than I've checked, so either I'm misremembering or you're a weathervane, I guess

FUCK'S SAKE

Ooh, that's spicy! But you're supposed to get the powers the night after they died, right? So if your re-read of your role PM is correct, there's no way you could have gotten ILS' role.

Could you take another look at the wording and ask Butterfree if your power will proc a second time if it fails on the first night? From the way you described it, it sounded like something that could only happen N0, so there would again be no way for you to have gained ILS' power. Otherwise, yeah, I guess Jack wasn't actually Town.

that you're pocketing him, but you did just volunteer an additional boquise FoS from farther ahead in the thread than I've checked, so either I'm misremembering or you're a weathervane, I guess
what do you mean by "pocketing" here? i feel like what you're saying doesn't really make sense with my understanding of the word

Back
Top Bottom