• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Nobody knows even whether an actual cop hypocopped at any given point or not, so yeah, I still don’t follow?
my thought was just that it narrowed down the number of possible cops for mafia to choose from, honestly. i don't think it makes a big difference, i was p much just springboarding off of negrek's logic that the hypocop trend could be harmful if it lets mafia narrow down

One more thing before I hop off, since it's likely the mafia will want to kill me off now I've claimed doctor, and I don't see the benefit of sitting on this info even if I find its authenticity rather dubious: I got a "strange message" from someone via Butterfree last night saying that "kyeugh is not mafia". Considering that warning earlier that the mafia are "secretly pulling the strings", I don't exactly have a lot of "faith" in anything i have to "put in scare quotes".

One more thing before I hop off, since it's likely the mafia will want to kill me off now I've claimed doctor, and I don't see the benefit of sitting on this info even if I find its authenticity rather dubious: I got a "strange message" from someone via Butterfree last night saying that "kyeugh is not mafia". Considering that warning earlier that the mafia are "secretly pulling the strings", I don't exactly have a lot of "faith" in anything i have to "put in scare quotes".
Let’s just say troperville!VM lives quite the surreal life lol

If I may take a Wild Guess™, maybe there’s a cop-like role where the flip is routed to a random player
hmmmm. can you elaborate on what your wild guess is? eifie's hypocop is such that she can't control who she targets

so i'm wondering how your WG™ is different than a cop like hers, esp when it's at night, with private messaging, etc

Hmm, maybe where Eifie can't choose her target (and gets a random target) but gets the result sent to her, maybe Wild Guess cop can choose the target but the information gets sent to someone random?

A role that gets to whisper to other players at night is one I've seen used in a number of games here before, so while it's weird that EVERYTHING is happening to VM, I don't think it's super out of left field. Could be either innocent or mafia sending the message, though, so I don't see any reason to assume that it's a true message.

Back
Top Bottom