• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

it wouldn't make sense unless for mawile (or whoever did it) to be editing that info specifically because they would have to know i was targeting kyeugh in the first place. so it's possible they don't have full control over what info gets edited? i don't think mawile would be telling the exact truth about how his role works.
in re: the last sentence, i agree. i forgot about kyeugh being a special case, though. hmm.

Unrelated but people in this game have been using a lot of terminology that I certainly never saw back in the heyday of this forum and it's throwing me off a bit. I feel like everyone went and got a degree in Mafiology and learned a lot of esoteric jargon.

like what exactly is w/w. i assume you don't all mean a romantic relationship between two women (also known as Wife In Front of Me or WIFOM)

w/w is short for "wolf/wolf" i.e. the idea that the two players being discussed are both mafia.

@Herbe Could you tell us what happened to you after Mawile died?
I'm a bitter widow(er) now. My goal is to survive to the end of the game, out of pure spite, to outlive the rest of the people that may die. It's not a "win" condition per se - I've already lost, it's just a new goal. No new powers, either. I'm just sitting, grumpy.

And yes, I can confirm that Mawile was out-group mafia. He had no access to any hypothetical mafia chat. If he knew or figured out who any others were, he didn't tell me.

Good evening

I magically have managed to restore some amount of energy towards this game pfft just kidding I'm trying not to fall asleep on a couch rn

anyways. maybe i'll target someone else tonight. maybe not. i live on my own terms

...not sure if I should explain in detail because Eifie warned strongly against speculating about who the cop is, but all the sensible guesses I can think of for the bodyswapper role PM's phrasing result in one person being the cop. The two of you should probably have added some extra obfuscation yesterday (like swapping with a third person, or swapping an even number of times).
minor thing but i don’t really think eifie was saying it’s bad to ever speculate who the cop is, just that speculating based on cop cover kind of defeats the purpose of cop cover. multiple people have claimed as cop now so i don’t think it really applies.

i thought rnp meant that he blocked stryke using the block feature on the forums and couldn’t figure out why people cared so much (“people are still dying even if you block him” ????) and then i remembered his role.

i like vm’s longpost, it feels real and searching even though it doesn’t really get anywhere. maybe that’s towny? on my first skim of it i thought that at the end he was trying to beat around the bush of suggesting that the “kyeugh is innocent” message was modified by mawile and thus incriminated me/served as a dogwhistle, but i think it’s because i saw my name a lot in that post and was reading it defensively. after a couple more read throughs, i think i like his thought process overall, although i don’t expect we’ll get anything worthwhile from reading into mawile’s likes.

thinking about the “kyeugh is innocent” post in conjunction with my info about vm using nanomachines, i wonder if there is indeed some kind of unconventional redirector at play here. maybe the same force that altered my info about vm caused the message he got about me? i guess it doesn’t really matter.

i like vm’s longpost, it feels real and searching even though it doesn’t really get anywhere. maybe that’s towny?
yeah. i think, particularly since vm has only intermittently posted, it felt real especially with respect to the information that he's been exposed to (and it doesn't feel like he's holding back from admitting anything or w/e, either). i also thought it would've been really easy for him to write it as "wtf no i didn't lie wtf!!!"/that's kind of what i expected when he first announced he was Writing a Post, but it didn't come off defensive either imo

i think there has to be some weird redirector role? i'm just very ?_? because stuff like the vm-info-distortion (by 'stuff like', i literally just mean that one thing) seems very like ... localized to phrasing, and not to function, which is what's skeeving me out. also i acknowledge that this is hypocritical because i def accidentally fed into a lot of speculation about it, but i suppose the exact method doesn't matter so much as just being able to cut through it

if Mawile was playing smart he'd probably want to subtly let that contact know he was on their side, to avoid getting killed by the mafia. I think we should look for any behavior that seems... odd... or anything that could be a mafia dog whistle.
i will say that i halfheartedly tried reading back to look for stuff like this before this day phase started, but it just reminded me that part of why i felt so weird about mawile to begin with was that it felt like he never quite engaged with other people inthread. lol. maybe that's also why i was so easily convinced of the outgroup theory

Unlikely, but no harm in speculating... What if a redirector was trying to create a healer clash and swapped the doctors around? Ugh, I'm gonna have to look back at the thread and see if anyone mentioned possible targets that night. God, I have no idea what to make of this.

Talking about cop reads, I think pretty much nobody else knows who between @Keldeo and I is currently the cop, no?
Nope! And you probably shouldn't say until you have something urgent either because once you do, the mafia can just go back and count the number of times the phrase was exchanged to get a better sense of how it works. Unless something drastic comes up, we should already have our lynch for today. You were right about Mawile, so MF is the next logical target (which people have already pointed out), right?

Negrek mentioned to focus on what Mawile's "confession" would want to make us believe, and I guess the most obvious possibility would be to curb further speculation on what "The mafia have someone pulling the strings behind the curtains" means? Or like Keldeo said, make us question results. With Negrek dead, there's no way to verify Mawile's role, so there's even less reason to trust his claim.

Gonna try and reread stuff and post more coherently tomorrow. I'll probably be absent most of midday (there a PoGo event from 11-2 EST and then I think mum and I are going to the park?), but I should be back in the evening!

What if a redirector was trying to create a healer clash and swapped the doctors around? Ugh, I'm gonna have to look back at the thread and see if anyone mentioned possible targets that night.
afaik it was left up to a coinflip again?
As for who I'm healing, coinflip between two healers sounds good to me
this still doesn't explain why VM was specifically said to use nanotech to heal, though. obviously i don't have the pm that kyeugh received but i maintain (mawile claim or not) that from what we've heard it seems more minute than a redirect? since it maintained VM's name, ... ugh. i dunno

Unless something drastic comes up, we should already have our lynch for today. You were right about Mawile, so MF is the next logical target (which people have already pointed out), right?
tbh i was waiting for someone else to vote so it wouldn't seem like i was jumping the gun, so ty. yeah. i'm under the impression that M&F was singled out as the next target during yesterDay, as well, but i can't tell if this is still a shared sentiment? idk. ive got weird feelings here, like, not even just because rari's mawile read was correct (though it definitely didn't hurt)

With Negrek dead, there's no way to verify Mawile's role, so there's even less reason to trust his claim.
:(

Gotta admit, occam's razor suggests MF is the next logical target. Although if she wanted to defend herself, I'd hear her out.

minor thing but i don’t really think eifie was saying it’s bad to ever speculate who the cop is, just that speculating based on cop cover kind of defeats the purpose of cop cover. multiple people have claimed as cop now so i don’t think it really applies.

well ok then

"only the first swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop
"only the last swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop
"every swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop

that's why I healed him

only way I can see for rari to be the cop is for the condition to be something ridiculously obscure like "swaps only work if performed during hours that are also fibonacci numbers" (disclaimer: I haven't actually gone back to check, it is possible that that condition also results in Keldeo being the cop)

Unlikely, but no harm in speculating... What if a redirector was trying to create a healer clash and swapped the doctors around? Ugh, I'm gonna have to look back at the thread and see if anyone mentioned possible targets that night. God, I have no idea what to make of this.
That's what I was thinking too at first, but (a) VM didn't announce in advance that he was going to heal kyeugh, and (b) in order to cause a clash they would have needed to swap Stryke with somone other than VM who was also targeting kyeugh - it seems that kyeugh's role, although slightly ~mysterious~, gives her info about who targeted her, so we would probably have heard about it already if that last bit was possible.

other misc thoughts:
  • VM's longpost comes off as towny to me too, and his logic checks out - on D1, he hadn't inherited his role yet and would have no reason to lie about it
  • still believe Mawile was outgroup. My interpretation of his ISO is very similar to mewtini's - he hasn't interacted with anyone much except for memery. One thing I did notice is that he tried to FoS Seshas on D1 for having "vague" MI info compared to IndigoEmmy's, but that might just be because said MI info directly related to his role and he wanted to discredit it
  • would also like to hear from M&F given that the only options we have are (a) his role is useless (b) he's mafia or (c) mawilefuckery, but I'm disinclined on principle to vote when there are >60 hours left in the day

"only the first swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop
"only the last swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop
"every swap during the day counts" -> Keldeo is now the cop

that's why I healed him

only way I can see for rari to be the cop is for the condition to be something ridiculously obscure like "swaps only work if performed during hours that are also fibonacci numbers" (disclaimer: I haven't actually gone back to check, it is possible that that condition also results in Keldeo being the cop)

Should we really be speculating on who our cop is? Imo we should probably try not to make it more obvious for the maf than IT already is. Then again, as soon as the swapper swaps it will be obvious anyways, so the real question ist whether Keldeo/rari-teh should perform their action today at all or wait to do so...

Hey kokorico: heads or tails?
Also, @Stryke , what was that about? It sounds suspiciously like a confirmation phrase for an action in the vein of "it's not me, it's you" and it came relatively unprompted. Was there a reason for that or an insider joke that I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom