• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

the way that herbe phrased things ("got his alignment") is also a pretty good/speedy/nebulous way to make it seem like they're both town to protect mawile tbh
Yes, he's town, I got his role alignment and he told me his role

also, in re: mawile's one quote about (against?) herbe;
Herbe gives me mild weirdness (not necessarily suspicion). It's just kind of a bit weird to me that he focused so hard on giving an opinion about mewtini with quoted posts to give exact evidence and hasn't even really mentioned much about other people? It could just be an oversight on his end, but I still find it odd.
if herbe's wincon works symmetrically - that is, mawile also instantly loses if herbe dies - the quote/throwing doubt on herbe doesn't really make sense. i think i posted earlier saying i was fine with this, since maybe mawile was trying to allow himself a window to later capitalize or something and lynch herbe for a mafia victory or something

BUT if they both lose immediately, then i don't get this anymore

i mean no tbh
also why should we... out cop for this
mawile/herbe lovers desu!?!?!?!?
I don't really understand the 0 to 60 urgency there :<
i feel really bad about mawile's 0 to 100
?? why did mawile not say anything about this
imo the loverizing doesn't mean Mawile is 100% clear, since it was an effect of Herbe's role, but I don't want to kill Herbe too. And I think knowing that explains some of Mawile's shifts this EOD that I thought were strange

i got up through when keldeo made his series of recap posts (around 3176) and will maybe shut up for now depending on if i find anything i want to dig up after that

rari/mf stuff
another thing to note is that between the rari/mf tangle, i'm more inclined to believe that rari is a sane cop and that mf is either a) insane or b) lying, and is actually a wolf

I am a Private Detective and my power is Stalking Mission. Which means, I’m a regular alignment cop. No quirks that I know of.
the flavors of those tropes are much less inane cop than mf's
(tbh wild thought, with the below quote in mind: mf would have the easiest time faking a tropified role considering her encyclopedic knowledge of tropes)
I feel like M&F would be thorough with their role claim regardless of alignment
since they're so thorough with everything else

If Stryke was redirected N2, then rari is less likely to have been
another few comments: seshas mentioning a thorough MF claim makes sense when paranoid (all-red) cop is the easiest of the cop types to fake, and it could have happened in order to discredit rari? idk - it also seems massively unlikely ~in my heart~ that there are two cops that are both insane/impaired in some way and i have more long-game desire to trust rari than MF but. obviously something is getting manipulated in the current tangle of things

other stuff
Goddammit i was THIS close to being helpful
this sounds kinda sincere to me tbh even though kyeugh's sort-of-not-really shade (about claiming to heal people who didn't die, etc, etc) made me legit go hmmm for a second since the nanobots role was public knowledge/possibly up for grabs as a claim. but no one's counterclaimed yet and the only person who wouldn't have been around enough to counter would be flora, i think, so i'm cool w stryke for now

Aww, shoot. Now I feel bad that I ever mentioned suspecting Eifie. :confused: It sounds like she was an important role, too, and not an alien or something like I suspected.

Out of general curiosity, and something I've been wondering, is it allowed for more than one person to have the same role?
in case anyone wants to take a break from actually useful and ongoing discussion. anyone think this sounds lurky lol

I have information that all cops are useless! but that's in real life, not in the game-
shesright.bmp

i think it would be the first person in the night action lineup? and wouldn't doc go near the end, cause if someone gets attacked, doc heals them afterward. meanwhile motion detector would set up/get stuck first. (also to y'all hypothesizing that he tried to murder me N1: he would still have gotten stuck before stryke came to heal)
probably just useful to put here in case it comes back up
also i was the one who initially guessed that mawile attacked herbe n1 but it's because i forgot how mafia kills work. lmfao. (and we don't think any kills so far have been due to any non-mafia entity, given the consistency of flavor; yum)

so then we think mawile must have a non-kill night action

last post sorry. just finished everything.

trying her best
mewtini :C

mech-clear town (well, my interpretation of Clear)
indigoemmy
seshas
rari
VM
stryke
MF (doublelisted below)
ultracool
negrek

probably town, because i Believe™
kyeugh
ottercopter
herbe (with an obvious caveat ...)
kokorico
keldeo

idrk, nonnegative feelings
mist

inactive
flora
redneckphoenix
serimachi

hrm
panini
MF
mawile

That also raises the question why anyone would redirect Stryke unless they were mafia... and if the mafia was going to redirect Stryke's action, why not seize the opportunity to kill me? They'd have to know I'm the only one I couldn't heal. So why Eifie? I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this (Also I'm a little hurt there's a role called Vigilante Man and it's not me. I'm changing my trope name to Vigorous Medic if there are no objections.)
vigorous medic made me lol. anyway yeah VM's post here also presents some reasons i think i'm on board with stryke; as i said before, i also think that if there is a redirector out there who made an action last night, they would have gone for stryke since he was the easiest to find/most recent power role claimant. that would assume that the redirector was red though (and kyeugh has said that the alignment is unknown?)

So Negrek should have gotten that Eifie was Non-Action Guy at the time of her death.
hm

this situation [herbe/mawile claiming lovers] was probably really easy for a wolf to take advantage of lmfao. have to read back and properly post after i finish some work, but i think it was keldeo who said a bit ago that the mawile ship is going to have to sink eventually because there's no way for herbe to win at the same time as town - unless his lover role lets him have two wincons, in which case, God Bless.
italics is no longer true as confirmed by herbe after i made that post

i don't really know what to think of herbe but the impression i'm getting while reading your posts is that you're really straining yourself to keep him in your town bucket at the expense of considering the situation as it is. i find it kind of odd that you're placing him so high above panini tbh. can you explain why you're still town reading him?

also, when do you guys think i should call out the redirector?

the impression i'm getting while reading your posts is that you're really straining yourself to keep him in your town bucket at the expense of considering the situation as it is. i find it kind of odd that you're placing him so high above panini tbh. can you explain why you're still town reading him?
yeah! basically i think he's town/i strongly townread him before The Revelation (for reasons i'd already mentioned back then - investigative spirit/gradually growing into himself and posting more aggressively, beginning to tunnel, etc) i acknowledge i've been a bit muddy about my Actual Thoughts lately because i've felt like i've been a bit behind on everything. but no, my herbe townread isn't at the expense of the #situation; i'm in support of a mawile lynch over an MF one still, i mostly have been emphatic because rari posited that they were a scum/scum pair which i think is inconsistent

a better question is "does it matter" and i think the answer to that is no.
so, to be clear: if EoD were now, i would place a mawile vote.

in re: panini, this maybe sounds fake but i initially didn't have an "idrk/nonnegative" tier and i threw it down last minute as i was getting ready to hit post. i meant to put panini there, not in the lowest tier, i just didn't feel like quintuple (or w/e) posting to fix the error. i have no strong opinions on panini either way haha

beginning to tunnel
this was bad phrasing but this was referring to him independently asking for opinions about/from people, posting about serimachi, etc. even if that all did happen at an unfortunate juncture post-boq

sorry i keep thinking of ways to better elaborate

the "town"read on herbe is now more representative of "i believe him" than of him actually being town. i just am pretty onboard with him now being 3p, is a better way of explaining it lol, so i guess functionally it is closer to how keldeo listed him - where mawile is in the lowest tier of trust and herbe is there by association. i was just trying to keep the town/scum pairing clear

I made an ordered tierlist since it’s been a while I last posted one.

It’s a-me
rari_teh

Autoclear
Seshas
IndigoEmmy
Vipera Magnifica
Mr. Ultracool

♪ town.mid ♫
mewtini
kyeugh
kokorico
Keldeo

Townlean
Negrek
Stryke

Townlean is too strong of a word
serimachi
Ottercopter

Let Them Vibe™
Panini
Mist1422

suspicious.jpg
M&F
Herbe

FBI OPEN UP
Mawile
[/hide]

Who?!
RedneckPhoenix
Flora

More later, but:

also, when do you guys think i should call out the redirector?
I would say only if/when you think it would actually make a difference? I feel like either an MF lynch or Mawile lynch is very likely to happen today... is there any way the report of a redirector would change that? I feel like for all the contradictions around Mawile's claim, at least, to be resolved, there would need to have been multiple redirects at work.

Also, maybe something to keep in mind: Town wins when all mafia killing roles are eliminated. Not all mafia. All mafia killing roles. So if we truly believe that Mawile doesn't have a killing role, we may not technically have to lynch him to win. I don't know that I'd trust Mawile enough to say that that means we actually shouldn't lynch him, and even if he can't kill anyone now there's nothing to say to me that he isn't a goon who will end up inheriting a kill power if we off the godfather, but the wincon might be something to keep in mind for the future if we're faced with a really hard choice.

Ah, yes, and wrt Eifie's trope in light of the bodyswapping that's been going on, I don't like it, obvs, but I'm going to need to sit down and review the claimed chain of trope swaps before I have a good idea of what might actually have happened. If it's not something like Keldeo's role trope turning into another based on when a certain condition is met, my first thought was some player with the ability to "give out" the vigilante power; I played in at least one game where one player could give out guns/bulletproof vests, with guns being one-shot nightkills and bulletrpoofs being one-shot night protection, so possibly that could be going on here. Would that change a person's role trope? Ehhh, dunno.

even if he can't kill anyone now there's nothing to say to me that he isn't a goon who will end up inheriting a kill power if we off the godfather
For what it's worth, my role PM specifically notes that I can't inherit the mafia head's killing ability, so do what you want with that knowledge.

Negrek, this is possibly a weird question but flavor-wise, how do you get the dead people's information? I'm not asking for a trope claim - just is it like an investigation you do, or something you hear, or do you just get the info? The fact that we don't know exactly how mafia are pulling strings still kinda bugs me, and if your role might be subject to that, it could explain the discrepancy here.

Ah, yes, and wrt Eifie's trope in light of the bodyswapping that's been going on, I don't like it, obvs, but I'm going to need to sit down and review the claimed chain of trope swaps before I have a good idea of what might actually have happened. If it's not something like Keldeo's role trope turning into another based on when a certain condition is met, my first thought was some player with the ability to "give out" the vigilante power; I played in at least one game where one player could give out guns/bulletproof vests, with guns being one-shot nightkills and bulletrpoofs being one-shot night protection, so possibly that could be going on here. Would that change a person's role trope? Ehhh, dunno.
Originally: Ultracool was Body Snatcher, Eif was [OG Eif role], I was Non-Action Guy
D1: Ultracool's bodyswap post —> Ultracool becomes [OG Eif role] (so she knew he was town), Eif becomes Body Snatcher, I was Non-Action Guy
D2: Eifie's bodyswap post —> Ultracool is [OG Eif role], Eif becomes Non-Action Guy, I become Body Snatcher

I assume Ultracool would've mentioned if Eif's original role was Vigilante Man, so I was thinking it couldn't be that you read the person's original trope or something.

Also, I'm currently guaranteed town if you believe Ultracool, since I haven't triggered a swap yet.

The fact that we don't know exactly how mafia are pulling strings still kinda bugs me, and if your role might be subject to that, it could explain the discrepancy here.
If more than one of the tropes we got is wrong because of this I'm gonna scream irl because that means my spreadsheet is wrong

Also I think Ultracool mentioned that he got Mysterious Informant from Eifie.

Negrek, this is possibly a weird question but flavor-wise, how do you get the dead people's information? I'm not asking for a trope claim - just is it like an investigation you do, or something you hear, or do you just get the info? The fact that we don't know exactly how mafia are pulling strings still kinda bugs me, and if your role might be subject to that, it could explain the discrepancy here.
I have "meta knowledge," so the answer just comes to me. In practice what happens is that after a player dies, Dragonfree PMs me their name and role. I assume there's no way to tamper with at least the lynch results, because they come immediately after the lynch happens, so there wouldn't be any time for someone else to get a night action in there to mess with things. Unless the mafia can do something during the day.

Somewhat related, but I'm curious why @Seshas interpreted "mafia pulling strings behind the scenes" to mean that the mafia were altering daytext somehow. Is there more to it than "pulling strings behind the scenes?" The first thing I think of on hearing that, personally, is that there might be some kind of puppetmaster power on the mafia side, whatever that might mean...

Back
Top Bottom